Smith & Wesson 915

Gurn

1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

Congratulations on an excellent find! 👍

I think the S&W semi-autos are highly under rated. I just don't understand why they never got the recognition they deserve. 🤔

I agree. I think S&W had droped the ball on the production line with some what on the plus side, slide, frame and barrel tolerances. It put the guns in to the maybe a good grouper and maybe not so much. With their revolver reputation of slick actions and reliably good accuracy out of a box, the 3rd Gen was better than earlier Generations but still not competion quality, only service grade geared toward Police & military standards. On the other hand this production thinking was endemic of production Autos of the day. Case in point, I handled a couple Colt Gold Cup 45's that were rattlers right out of the box. Horrible frame slide barrel fits. Nothing more frustrating to do everything right on your part and you get consistent flyer patterns. I think Alloy frame guns are on the come back to a degree. Except this time, the accuracy bar is set higher than it was 30-40 years ago in a production Auto. JMHO

That 915 is in fabulous shape! Great lines and super reliable. 

On 4/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, Gurn said:

Been on the lookout for one of these so when I ran across a nice one at an out of the way gun  shop For $200 I jumped on it.  

834B3D5E-21C3-4C26-9CE3-D3A5DF5FC950.jpeg

That has got to be the best score on this forum that I have seen in a long while. I have seen some good ones and had a few myself but yours with that 915 is SWEET .  I cant remember but does it have a magazine safety? If so it's pretty easy to remove it so it will be like regular semi-autos so you can shoot it without the mag in it. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, tercel89 said:

That has got to be the best score on this forum that I have seen in a long while. I have seen some good ones and had a few myself but yours with that 915 is SWEET .  I cant remember but does it have a magazine safety? If so it's pretty easy to remove it so it will be like regular semi-autos so you can shoot it without the mag in it. 

Thanks, I was very happy with the deal as well. Yeah it’s got the mag safety. I’ll probably keep it the way it is. The trigger is very smooth as is. I know some remove the mag safety to get a slightly better trigger. 

• Like 1