CZ 75

I stopped at a pawn shop down the ways from me that I visit here and there. The other day I noticed this CZ75 sitting in the corner. It's a plain jane 75 but it's hardly been fired and the price was only $333. There is no more striker pistols nor plastic pistols that I want. I have got to where now I am shooting my metal hammer guns a lot more and having fun. I think it's called getting old. The CZ75 platform in my opinion is right on line with the Beretta 92 series and the Ruger P-Series.  These three platforms simply run and run. Good ole DA/SA with a hammer and the ability to carry cocked-and-locked or DA with the hammer down. It's heavy and well made. It has the old school original style innards and not the new "Omega" innards.  I am very surprised to find this at this price with the crazy high guns prices I have been seeing lately. Thought I'd share.  The wet looking stuff around the slide-stop and safety-lever is oil. 

Resized_20220429_195420.jpeg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 9
6 minutes ago, RussK said:

Just a beginner .. so go easy on me guys ...

How does a CZ 75 compare to say a CZ P-10 ??

The 75 is the grandfather of the P10. The P10 is striker and the 75 is hammer fired. I have 2 other 75 series and they do make a great shooter out of a normal shooter. Very straight and flat. The all steel construction makes the recoil very soft. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, RussK said:

So then the P 07 Duty that I've been looking at .. which is hammer fired .. would be a better one to mess with, although not sure about carrying IWB because of the weight

I have the P07. It's a great pistol and not very heavy. It has a polymer frame. 

• Like 2

I carried a 75B Omega AIWB for years, with the right belt, holster and cover it can be done.

I think it's safe to say mastering a double action trigger before getting into single action dream land takes a lot of work, both dry and live fire.

Owned a P01 and 2075 Rami P and P10 C; CZ makes a great firearm.

You gotta figure, if they sucked, no one would be making copies.

Edited by A.J. Holst

Wow, that's a crazy good deal on that, especially in such nice shape. Before I left Virginia (all the way back in December of '21!), I was working at a small hardware store's gun counter when a used (like new) CZ P09 came in. Boss let me have it for like $20 over what we paid for it, but with moving and all, I had not fooled with it until a week or two ago. Man, I love the thing! (I'm selling my Canik TP9SFX to pay off some iron and put a  Cajun Gun Works improvement kit in the '09)  I have an older Pre B CZ75, beautiful, but it doesn't see as much range time.

100_2301.JPG

13 hours ago, Garufa said:

A CZ-75 will make anyone look like a professional marksman, even with the Omega trigger as mine has.

I think you let me shoot yours years ago and I've wanted one ever since. Once a year I'll shop around but never see one for a price that convinced me. 

$333 is a steal. Nice find @tercel89

• Thanks 1

That's a crazy good deal! I was able to win a new one at a Harvey's auction for $430 dollars, which I thought was a steal! Loved the way it shot, but the controls just didn't fit me.  Had to reposition the pistol in order to drop the mag or take the safety off.  A friend from work fell deeply in love with it, so now he owns it.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:44 AM, OMCHamlin said:

Wow, that's a crazy good deal on that, especially in such nice shape. Before I left Virginia (all the way back in December of '21!), I was working at a small hardware store's gun counter when a used (like new) CZ P09 came in. Boss let me have it for like $20 over what we paid for it, but with moving and all, I had not fooled with it until a week or two ago. Man, I love the thing! (I'm selling my Canik TP9SFX to pay off some iron and put a  Cajun Gun Works improvement kit in the '09)  I have an older Pre B CZ75, beautiful, but it doesn't see as much range time.

100_2301.JPG

That old girl is a beauty ! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

I have always thought the CZ 75 was up there with the 1911 and better than the Hi Power.

Very good pistols that have been copied by a lot of companies and countries.

Better than the Hipower? What sacrilege you utter! LOL.  From the owner of CZ 75/85 and a PCR.

3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

That does seem like a steal in today's climate. You'll love it.

Thanks. I have the Compact so I can switch it up when carrying. I still like my striker guns but the hammer guns just seem to interest me more now days. I started off on hammer guns when I was young , went to strikers , still using strikers at work , but the hammers are now my thing and here to stay. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Great snag, I wouldn’t have passed on that price either. I started with a SP01 I got for around $500 then dumped a bunch into it with Cajun and CZC parts. I rehomed it so I could get a TSO, then as a present to myself for not buying a gun for the 3 years I was in NC was a Czechmate. You can’t go wrong with the platform and plenty of options for upgrades. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...