Powder availability

yeah, I still would like to know where the primers are. The ammo manufacturers said they were focusing on factory ammo until it was caught back up. Well everywhere I have been lately the shelves are full of ammo. I was actually able to buy bulk blazer 10mm the other day.

3 hours ago, tmauto769 said:

yeah, I still would like to know where the primers are. The ammo manufacturers said they were focusing on factory ammo until it was caught back up. 

It is the Putin Primer hike. 

22 hours ago, Beltfed said:

Mid South has a good selection of powder right now.  No primers over the internet.  Got a feeling they are selling primers to walk ins only.

You are correct, I just stopped in to pick up some powder and was able to buy 5k small pistol primers.  Never heard of the brand, Unis Ginex made in Bosnia.  I'll take what I can get right now.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, kvmx00 said:

ever heard of the brand, Unis Ginex made in Bosnia

What did you pay for them?  American Reloading sells that brand at $100 / thousand, sold in a 5K unit. I'd be interested to hear how well you like them, fit, reliability, etc.

7 minutes ago, Darrell said:

What did you pay for them?  American Reloading sells that brand at $100 / thousand, sold in a 5K unit. I'd be interested to hear how well you like them, fit, reliability, etc.

$66 per 1k, plus tax.  I'll let you know how it works out.  

2 hours ago, kvmx00 said:

$66 per 1k, plus tax.

I can hardly believe I'm gonna write this, but that sounds like a decent deal, and I'd probably buy 5K at that price, too.

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JLee19 said:

What is a more normal pre-covid price for primers? I only got into reloading after covid

Pre-bs was around $40, at Midsouth, my last purchase was $71.15 for Federal Large and Small Rifle.

• Like 1

I usually am pretty positive about things, but this time, I have my doubts that they are coming back down at all. I am thinking this is the new norm unfortunately.

Why would they? Most reloaders right now are paying $75-$100 per 1,000 primers whenever they pop up at legit retailers, and we are snatching them up at that price as fast as they can post them.

I am not pointing a finger at anybody, I am just as guilty. I hope I am wrong though.

40 minutes ago, tmauto769 said:

I usually am pretty positive about things, but this time, I have my doubts that they are coming back down at all. I am thinking this is the new norm unfortunately.

Why would they? Most reloaders right now are paying $75-$100 per 1,000 primers whenever they pop up at legit retailers, and we are snatching them up at that price as fast as they can post them.

I am not pointing a finger at anybody, I am just as guilty. I hope I am wrong though.

I think you are right.  We always hear "this will go away" but I'm not sure this time, at least for handloaders.  I have passed up several opportunities to buy primers for $70-90/1000, but I (so far) am not as desperate as some.  

• 1 month later...

I don’t see any of the prices ever coming down much, if any. Most of the time when the prices of stuff goes up and is hard to get, they got you right where they want you, when the inventory comes back in. Hope I’m wrong though.