FOUND THE AMMO

It’s a huge point of contention between Mexico and the US  and is really not that funny.

Mexico is already trying to sue major US gun manufacturers for their out of control violence problems, this just adds fuel to the fire.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

It’s a huge point of contention between Mexico and the US  and is really not that funny.

Mexico is already trying to sue major US gun manufacturers for their out of control violence problems, this just adds fuel to the fire.

Nothing about our southern border is truly funny, But one has to find humor somewhere among all the mess. I consider the lawsuits frivolous. Maybe thr US should sue the Federales for not securing the south side of the border. Maybe if firearms weren't so hard to obtain legally in Mexico it wouldn't be so corrupt.

• Like 2
On 5/5/2022 at 7:35 PM, Garufa said:

Agreed.  Obviously weapons and ammo have been traveling south for decades, but did you notice the calibers.  Although we have access to plenty of AKs here in the USA,  I bet they have better sources at cheaper prices.

I lived in Rock Spring Wyoming until 2006 and I remember from early 90s until I came to Tennessee, there were gunshow stings trying to catch buyers that were transporting straight to Mexico.

Many times I drove straight into Mexico without a single LEO, agent, or official glancing my way much less stopping anyone to check documentation or cargo. There were not even any gates or stops, just rolled right on through. There was far more scrutiny when arriving by air.
Getting back into the US is a different story. Even learning the tricks, times of day, and best locations it was usually a 45 minute to 2 hour ordeal with a ridiculous line on the bridges. Add in that at least 30% of the time our vehicles were pulled to the side and searched and it is pretty clear who is somewhat serious about border security. I could have driven a truck full of weapons, ammo, and explosives into Mexico at anytime as long as I came back with an empty vehicle. 

Man I do miss the tacos though...

Years ago I was building Hueys at CCAD.  I and several other service members went into Mexico gift shopping.  Upon returning carrying serval bags across the bridge, some sort of border patrol agent hollered out, “where are you from”, I replied “East by God Tennessee”.  He then said come on, no Mexican can duplicate that accent.  No iD check, bag inspection, nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, OldIronFan said:

Many times I drove straight into Mexico without a single LEO, agent, or official glancing my way much less stopping anyone to check documentation or cargo. There were not even any gates or stops, just rolled right on through. There was far more scrutiny when arriving by air.
Getting back into the US is a different story. Even learning the tricks, times of day, and best locations it was usually a 45 minute to 2 hour ordeal with a ridiculous line on the bridges. Add in that at least 30% of the time our vehicles were pulled to the side and searched and it is pretty clear who is somewhat serious about border security. I could have driven a truck full of weapons, ammo, and explosives into Mexico at anytime as long as I came back with an empty vehicle. 

Man I do miss the tacos though...

It's taco Tuesday all day!!

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Static_USMC said:

I lived in Rock Spring Wyoming until 2006 and I remember from early 90s until I came to Tennessee, there were gunshow stings trying to catch buyers that were transporting straight to Mexico.

There was a gun show sting in Knoxville last month that netted a Detroit scumbag.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, JustEd said:

I know at least half a dozen locals that have more than that in one corner of their closet.

Come to think of it, I have know idea how many 50 cal steel boxes I have full of my reloads.

I have at least twice that much in my stash. 

• Like 2

I’ll be doing a temporary move soon, and I’m dreading moving my ammo. I think I’m going to pay my nephew to load it up for me. I don’t want the movers to have a clue about my stash. When the wife retires in 3.5 years we’ll be permanently moving to Freedom Land (Florida).

• Like 2
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I think I’m going to pay my nephew to load it up for me.

I might be persuaded to come down and load it for you if payment is in the form of bullets🤣

• Thanks 1
On 6/15/2022 at 3:32 PM, RED333 said:

I might be persuaded to come down and load it for you if payment is in the form of bullets🤣

For real, that's a deal right there, hahahaha. My suggestion to OP is similar to your current solution, get a close friend or family member to transport it if you yourself wont have the room. I've moved 5 times, I move my ammo and firearms my self, though, I dont know what I'm going to do if I have to move again from my current home, I dont have my Tahoe anymore.

Edited by scatman

So how many cartel dudes are carrying around .38s?

That looks about like the amount I keep packed in my car "just in case". lol

If I have to move, I might need one of these.... I might have "some" stuff in the safe.... What is the max cargo weight for one? 

1655423482366.jpg.1be278a9657aa0d46c113d5dc348c0e9.jpg