New Shadow Systems

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Il Duce said:

Same. It’s a nice compliment to my MR920 but the trigger on this one is definitely not as nice

My experience is that a Shadow Systems gun trigger isn't at its best until at least a thousand rounds of shooting.  Dry fire helps, but grit and grime and shooting really smooths it up.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

We picked up a CR920 for my wife last week at Nashville Armory. It was actually our first time in there and I was pretty impressed with how non pushy, friendly, and efficient they were. They were definitely a bit higher $$$ than where I usually go but they had what we wanted and I think they made up for it in service and professionalism. They have most of their inventory online now so you can check their website before you spend the gas money.

We’ve shot it once so far, and we both agree it’s a bit more snappy than our Sig 365. That being said, she shot great with it. Really like the sights, which I think are NightFission or very similar. We have a Swampfax Sentinel that we’ll be putting on it but for now I want her to get a few hundred rounds through it irons only. The trigger isn’t quite as nice as my MR920 with 325 rounds through it, but like David said above, they smooth out with range time. It’s snappy enough that she’s probably only breaking it in 25-50 rounds at a time. My MR could be comfortably shot all day, the CR not so much. I didn’t shoot the 10 round mag at all as it left my pinky hanging, the 13 round was a perfect fit. It comes with one of each and a spare 13 round, which they had in stock, was $30.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Danger Rane said:

We picked up a CR920 for my wife last week at Nashville Armory. It was actually our first time in there and I was pretty impressed with how non pushy, friendly, and efficient they were. They were definitely a bit higher $$$ than where I usually go but they had what we wanted and I think they made up for it in service and professionalism. They have most of their inventory online now so you can check their website before you spend the gas money.

We’ve shot it once so far, and we both agree it’s a bit more snappy than our Sig 365. That being said, she shot great with it. Really like the sights, which I think are NightFission or very similar. We have a Swampfax Sentinel that we’ll be putting on it but for now I want her to get a few hundred rounds through it irons only. The trigger isn’t quite as nice as my MR920 with 325 rounds through it, but like David said above, they smooth out with range time. It’s snappy enough that she’s probably only breaking it in 25-50 rounds at a time. My MR could be comfortably shot all day, the CR not so much. I didn’t shoot the 10 round mag at all as it left my pinky hanging, the 13 round was a perfect fit. It comes with one of each and a spare 13 round, which they had in stock, was $30.

I am sure it will serve you very well. The Shadow Systems guns are excellent. 

That said, if I may offer a bit of unsolicited advice. Do not mount that Swampfox Sentinel. Exchange it for a Holosun or Trijicon RMRcc. It is not a quality optic and is not up to the job of counting on it for one’s life. I’m not just spewing Internet lore about it without any first-hand experience.I have one that is not mounted to a gun because the glass broke inside of it after taking a moderate bump while inside the holster. 

The Swampfox micro red dots are good enough for a range toy or if you’re wanting to just try out a pistol red dot to determine if you want to move in that direction without dropping Trijicon money. I would not under any circumstances put them into a clutch role.

I’m not saying this to poo poo on a budget choice. Often times a budget option while maybe not “just as good“ as the premium choice, is often “good enough“. I’m saying this out of genuine concern that this optic may fail your wife when she is relying on it to save her life. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 3