Show me your battle belt setup.

• Administrator

It's been a while since I had a legitimate "battle belt" set up for use in classes, so I am putting one together and would love to see what you guys are using.

The basis of mine is a VTAC Cobra Belt wrapped with a VTAC Battle Belt for some weight distribution and MOLLE panels for hanging stuff off of it.  I've added a Safariland Universal Belt Loop (UBL) and Quick Locking System (QLS) receiver for connecting a holster to it. 

The holster I am running right now is a T-Rex Arms (yeah yeah whatever) Ragnarok light-bearing Kydex holster for my Sig P320 X-Carry.  It snaps into the Safariland QLS receiver with a QLS locking fork.  I went ahead and added a T-Rex Arms thigh strap to the UBL so that the holster doesn't want to come up with the gun on a draw.

I've also added three High Speed Gear (HSG) polymer "taco" pistol mag pouches to the weak-hand side of the belt, a Maxpedition Gear "Rolly Poly" dump bag just behind them.  Last but not least I have a Dark Angel Medical Individual First Aid (IFAK) just behind the hip on the strong-hand side of the belt.

I don't want to hang a bunch of needless crap off of the rig, but each of the items above has a purpose.  Not surprising to me at all, this setup still feels lighter on my waist/hips than just trying to hang the dump bag, holster and spare mags on my carry belt do.

I'll try to snap some pics of the setup soon.  In the meantime, show me yours or at least tell me what you've got.   🙂

Edited to Add...

This is mine at the moment.  It's pretty spartan.

i-JZngk4f-X3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Administrator
On 5/8/2022 at 6:47 AM, ShamGlock said:

Do you have a pic of your set up? I'd be interested in seeing it. Mine is minimal with esstac mag pouches on the weak side, an esstac tourniquet  carrier in the back, and the holster on my strong side. 

I just updated the first post in the thread with mine.   I took the IFAK off for the moment.  Trying to find the best place for it on the belt since it's really for use on me, by someone else, if I get hurt.  I added a basic tourniquet holder, though, since I might need to use that myself.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
19 hours ago, Specializedjon said:

I'll get some pics of mine tonight and share them.  I've got my medkit (IFAK) smack dab in the middle of my back.  I like to keep it pretty slick on my strong side.  I'm always tweeking something on it.  

Yep, that's where I ended up putting my IFAK as well. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

running a blue alpha gear double belt with the following and have been super happy with the setup

-UBL Mid ride 

-T-Rex Ragnarok with QLS & Leg Strap

-Blue alpha gear Micro Trauma Kit now in the middle of the back

-Dual pistol Esstac Kywis

-Single Rifle Esstac Kywi

-Flatline Fiberco dump pouch behind rifle Kywi

Great discussion. I just started my first belt purchases within the last few days. Picked up an AWS SMU 2-piece on sale with a father's day code (RADDAD22 at www.awsin.com if anyone is interested) for $117. Looks pretty similar to Blue Alpha Gear 2-piece. I was going to go cheaper and get their LAB belt for $65 and then Velcro one-wrap everything but figured having the molle gives me more flexibility later if needed. I've read good things about using the velcro one wrap.

Also grabbed a dual pistol with gap Kywi and a single rifle Kywi shorty. I'm not sure how I'm going to attach them yet but likely will start with the one-wrap.

I have a UBL mid ride and a Ragnarok waiting as well. Didn't think I needed the fork system because I won't be changing pistols frequently. 

Next purchase likely tourniquet holder.

As an aside I was trying to decide whether to go with belt or plate carrier/chest rig as the first/next purchase but landed on the less expensive belt. 

Edited by kip12