Pf94dv2 p80 glock 17

Just got my 1st p80 and have a few questions. Are all gen 3 glock 17 parts interchangeable? Are 17 holsters compatible if not Are g17 w/light holsters compatible since retention comes from the light usually instead of the trigger guard? I'm sure I have more but that's enough to get started聽馃槈20220506_191019.thumb.jpg.4ed64b37e3d264d987a5abd45ea07514.jpg.5cbc9ea09ce866d3dd805600911b39d0.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your internals and major G3 components are compatible. Things like grip plugs, flared mag well inserts and grip overlay textures are not compatible. There are P80 specific versions of those available from some sellers. There is some slightly difference geometry in the grip.聽

Most holsters are fine or at least have more than enough adjustment in the retention adjustment screw (kydex type) to accommodate the P80 frames.聽

I did one of the SC (26) P80 frames some time back and there was one spring that was not compatible with the off the shelf 19/17 kits but that was likely due to the subtle differences between 26 and 17/19 internals not P80 vs OEM Glock.聽聽

Edited by OldIronFan

A polymer 80 Glock clone takes me about 15 to 20 minutes. The first one I did I took my time so it probably took closer to an hour. I work in the firearms industry as an engineer, I was a machinist for many years, and I play around as an amateur gunsmith on the side. I built dozens of AR platform weapons from billet, 20% forgings, 80% lowers, and stripped lowers before I did a polymer 80 build. The P80 stuff is dead simple and can be done with hand tools in a matter of minutes.聽

Fret cutters or end cutters similar to the ones linked below really make the job easier. A rotary tool makes things easy as well.聽
https://www.amazon.com/KNIPEX-68-01-160-Cutters/dp/B005EXO6TO/ref=asc_df_B005EXO6TO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312003160272&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16580136110054556434&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9013095&hvtargid=pla-454741761013&psc=1