Ruger Marlin lever actions

Seen plenty online and if they continue to sell for those ridiculous prices I imagine that's as close to one as ill ever be. So thankful I did without other material things and bought Marlins 20 years ago 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, gunmagnet said:

Has anyone seen a Ruger made lever action at a store yet? If so price? What did you think?

What a great question. I, too, am interested to learn how these look. I must admit that just the idea of Ruger and Marlin together makes me a bit giddy! Part of me thinks, “Oooh perhaps I should try and get one of these ‘1st Generation’ Marlins built by Ruger!”, but then the other part of me says, “Holy Hand Grenades! 1500 bucks! Aaaarrrggghhh!!!”

Speaking of Levers, wonder when their prices will return to what they were pre-Rona? I’d really like that to happen. I love to hear from someone that has insight as to why they jumped like they did…I’m truly curious, as I’m totally in the dark.

Kudos to you, Gunmagnet! What a great topic!

I was speaking with a gun shop employee yesterday when I was picking up my Browning lever.  He said they were having a hard time getting them because the distributors were putting them on Gunbroker because they could make a lot more that way.  Don't know if it is true or not but seems plausible.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Moderators

I was able to get one in 45-70 Stainless 1895 SBL, black/gray stock, big loop with threaded barrel.  I am very impressed with it.  The action is very very smooth.

Being a lever action addict I will not disclose what I paid as my common sense can go out the window when I see a gorgeous lever gun (or hell even an ugly one). 

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Seen plenty online and if they continue to sell for those ridiculous prices I imagine that's as close to one as ill ever be. So thankful I did without other material things and bought Marlins 20 years ago 🙂

Amen to buying Marlins years ago.  My stockpile (collection) is making me look more and more like a genius.  LMAO

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

(or hell even an ugly one). 

No such thing. Even my childhood Red Ryder (what I refer to as “faux lever”) with a barrel bent 30 degrees was beautiful. 

Anyone heard any news regarding Smith Wesson getting into the Lever Gun market? Seems like it was about a month or maybe two back, but I participated in a very detailed questionnaire/feedback survey regarding this topic at their behest and I’m betting I wasn’t the only one here who did. Took about an hour, but then again that might’ve been more me than them!

PS I lied about the whole “faux lever” deal. Sorry, just really wanted to mention that old BB gun, so I made it up on the fly.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JD_Shellnut said:

No such thing. Even my childhood Red Ryder (what I refer to as “faux lever”) with a barrel bent 30 degrees was beautiful. 

Anyone heard any news regarding Smith Wesson getting into the Lever Gun market? Seems like it was about a month or maybe two back, but I participated in a very detailed questionnaire/feedback survey regarding this topic at their behest and I’m betting I wasn’t the only one here who did. Took about an hour, but then again that might’ve been more me than them!

PS I lied about the whole “faux lever” deal. Sorry, just really wanted to mention that old BB gun, so I made it up on the fly.

Agreed I've never seen an ugly lever! Lol

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

I was speaking with a gun shop employee yesterday when I was picking up my Browning lever.  He said they were having a hard time getting them because the distributors were putting them on Gunbroker because they could make a lot more that way.  Don't know if it is true or not but seems plausible.  

I know for 100% fact this is happening with the Ruglin and many others that are bringing premiums. That's why that whole "support your local gun shop" comes with a warning these days.

• Like 1

Why Ruger “restarted” Marlin with the .45-70 (still the only thing available) continues to confound me.

People, well at least me and seemingly everyone else based on their popularity, want a .357 Magnum Marlin.  Marlin literally had just installed all new equipment to make 1894’s and was manufacturing them that lacked all the issues of that line built on the old machinery before being acquired by Ruger.

Seriously, what’s the delay?

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

I have a buddy who owns a gun store and sold two on gunbroker. He said one brought $2580 and the other $2510. I probably should flip mine at those prices but I don't sell levers, ever. 

Sh!t he let em go cheap. I know one went for $3000

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

I was able to get one in 45-70 Stainless 1895 SBL, black/gray stock, big loop with threaded barrel.  I am very impressed with it.  The action is very very smooth.

Being a lever action addict I will not disclose what I paid as my common sense can go out the window when I see a gorgeous lever gun (or hell even an ugly one). 

Any idea when the addiction wanes 3G ? 🤣

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

You only go around once, why deprive yourself.

if memory serves, you posted a pic of a part of the collection, on a custom rack?

Seems like now is a good time for a pic repost😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1