Buffalo New York Shooting

1 minute ago, Garufa said:

Kudos to you @FUJIMOfor posting a local news source.  

As far as the event goes, just damn.  When is this #### going to stop?

Just dumb luck brother as I stole it from another site. Wanted to get it out there as you know who know was already stumbling and bumbling along this morning preaching new gun control measures coming. And that was before this mess 🤦‍♂️🤬

On 5/14/2022 at 8:00 PM, Garufa said:

When is this #### going to stop?

When they stop giving these them a platform! They know they can write manifestos and live stream and the media will put out it there and make them famous. And spur the copy cats.

You can’t stop crazy, but you can take away their incentives. 

Pass legislation preventing media from publishing and broadcasting any such related items, never allow their names to be disclosed, and do away with the big socials…problem 99% solved.

unfortunately, long way to say never.

The media ban would prevent the weaponizing of these events again gun owners, and shutting down the major socials would cause mass hysteria, riots, and suicides though the world would be a better place for it in the end. 

8 hours ago, Erich said:

Pass legislation preventing media from publishing and broadcasting any such related items, never allow their names to be disclosed, and do away with the big socials…problem 99% solved.

There IS that pesky Constitution, though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators

With rulings such as Bruen coming down the line, i suspect that attempting to go after guns won’t gain much steam. Now if the reports I am reading are accurate, the security officer shot at the dickhead and hit his body armor. Then was fatally shot himself. If that is correct, then I expect body armor to be on the radar of “we must do something.”

Not to be too tinfoilhat, but holy crap does this manifesto read like a gun grabber wish list in the pages and pages of gear talk. Along with the fact that the FBI has a history of targeting neuro-divergent folks for its “investigations” and well, I wonder if there isn’t an agent somewhere crapping his pants about things getting out of hand and attempting to cover up his fingerprints. 

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Not to be too tinfoilhat, but holy crap does this manifesto read like a gun grabber wish list in the pages and pages of gear talk. Along with the fact that the FBI has a history of targeting neuro-divergent folks for its “investigations” and well, I wonder if there isn’t an agent somewhere crapping his pants about things getting out of hand and attempting to cover up his fingerprints. 

The parts I read in his "manifesto" seem like the opposite of what a gun grabber would write. He specifically said he wanted to avoid places where people might have CCW's and picked NY because of their restrictive gun laws. I didn't read the entire thing though. 

What did you see that made you feel opposite?

Edited by Erik88
  • Moderators
36 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

The parts I read in his "manifesto" seem like the opposite of what a gun grabber would write. He specifically said he wanted to avoid places where people might have CCW's and picked NY because of their restrictive gun laws. I didn't read the entire thing though. 

What did you see that made you feel opposite?

The gear section seems like a gun grabber wish list. It’s all the things they want to get rid of. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Darrell said:

There IS that pesky Constitution, though.

Details Details 😉  No doubt. 1A for them, not so much for us. Its unfortunate we couldn't do a 3 letter agency style 'reimagine' and interpret. While I'm dreaming out loud.

I do like Chucks tinfoil hat allusion. just the handful of headlines seemed to be ticking the boxes of many of the hop topics heading into the primaries. The timing of these events makes it even more, well, maybe I need to use two layers of foil.

I hate seeing that folks here are actually reading any of the drivel this person would have, or has been claimed to have put out there. It is exactly what he wanted and seeing himself as insignificant or marginalized is what drove part of the behavior as if they just put it on their social no one would do that.  Even if one believes its actually the product of an agency, same effect. One of the headlines (I dont actually read the articles as the bias in the headlines is too much) had the first order of business for a 3 letter was running to his place to check for one. Maybe not odd today, but I always question accuracy of the interwebs.

Can I ask, for those that do look at this things, is it more of a watching a trainwreck situation? I know you don't expect to find any real rationale since he's obviously not stable. Just curious what you find of interest in it. 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Erich said:

Details Details 😉  No doubt. 1A for them, not so much for us. Its unfortunate we couldn't do a 3 letter agency style 'reimagine' and interpret. While I'm dreaming out loud.

I do like Chucks tinfoil hat allusion. just the handful of headlines seemed to be ticking the boxes of many of the hop topics heading into the primaries. The timing of these events makes it even more, well, maybe I need to use two layers of foil.

I hate seeing that folks here are actually reading any of the drivel this person would have, or has been claimed to have put out there. It is exactly what he wanted and seeing himself as insignificant or marginalized is what drove part of the behavior as if they just put it on their social no one would do that.  Even if one believes its actually the product of an agency, same effect. One of the headlines (I dont actually read the articles as the bias in the headlines is too much) had the first order of business for a 3 letter was running to his place to check for one. Maybe not odd today, but I always question accuracy of the interwebs.

Can I ask, for those that do look at this things, is it more of a watching a trainwreck situation? I know you don't expect to find any real rationale since he's obviously not stable. Just curious what you find of interest in it. 

Just because someone isn’t stable, doesn’t mean that there isn’t something to be learned from the writings or words of those who commit heinous acts. Even if it is just to familiarize yourself with the dangerous rhetoric to be aware of it in others. 

I haven’t read the whole manifesto yet, but I’m working my way through it. 

That said, sometimes the unstable may act in ways that are wrong, but be essentially correct in their ideas. (Not say that’s the case here at all.) Ted Kaczynski is a prime example of that. I will not endorse his campaign of mail bombings in any way, but read “Industrial Society and it’s Future” and tell me that Kaczynski didn’t have it pegged correctly. 

• Like 5

The punk is a deranged individual.

What I’d do not understand is how in the hell did he even make it as far as he did and someone not read his writings and put a flag up.

Thanks for the background Chuck and appreciate sharing the thoughts.  I can certainly see it for that (extreme?) example, TK was highly intelligent and the sophistication he demonstrated over many years. 

But not all geniuses go to Harvard I imagine. The age, camo, and livestreaming don’t suggest much, but enjoy the read.

I actually did go see and touch TK’s cabin one of the times it was being transported thru Mather Field (former AFB). It was after the hype, so they just had it sitting in a lot of the tarmac for a few days. Not cordoned off, just sitting there. Kind of surreal. 

32 minutes ago, Erich said:

But not all geniuses go to Harvard I imagine.

This is so very true. I read a while back that the guy with the highest recorded I.Q. rating, (much higher than Hawking and Einstein's predicted scoring), did not go to college, and was really a layabout.

7 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

The gear section seems like a gun grabber wish list. It’s all the things they want to get rid of. 

Yep. I’m glad I won’t be needing any gear anytime soon.  I can see a body armor ban coming for everyone except police, security and military.  Thanks for the great suggestions. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, E4 No More said:

This is so very true. I read a while back that the guy with the highest recorded I.Q. rating, (much higher than Hawking and Einstein's predicted scoring), did not go to college, and was really a layabout.

I had a boss who used to say, "When it comes to traction, it's more the tires than the horsepower." 

Same goes for traction in life...

Larry

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I imagine they’ll find that suit a bit more difficult. The current owners of the the BM brand have nothing to do with that model’s production or advertising. They’ll be going after a defunct entity. 

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I imagine they’ll find that suit a bit more difficult. The current owners of the the BM brand have nothing to do with that model’s production or advertising. They’ll be going after a defunct entity. 

Did the white supremacist trash use an old or new Bushmaster?

On 5/20/2022 at 7:05 PM, Chucktshoes said:

That could be a smart play by manufacturers. Every year, go out of business, sell all your assets to a newly incorporated entity who goes into business.  🙂

"Your honor, we didn't make that gun. We bought the IP and machinery from the company who did, but they're out of business now."

• Like 1