Being tracked by the powers that be?

So the post office takes a picture of every piece of mail that comes to your house for law enforcement, I would guess that would include all packages too. Like anything you ever had delivered from a gun related company. Sorry for the UPI link, they truly suck.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/07/04/US-Postal-Service-logs-all-mail-for-law-enforcement/36491372921200/

Of course every gun picture uploaded to Google, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook or Twitter is scanned into a large database along with the meta data so they know where you were when you took the picture. 

https://www.secondamendmentdaily.com/2019/10/google-and-facebook-are-making-a-photo-gun-registry-complete-with-serial-numbers/

Of course I read about all of this when it came out a few years ago but it really didn't bother me at the time.

Maybe it should have.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Munford said:

Probably a little late now, Trump was still president then and we possibly could have done something about it.

Not sure where you were going with the original post, but as far as the direction this post is pointed, all I can say is “Don’t”.

Not commenting one way or another about the details, we just don’t talk general politics here. If it is directly related to 2A legislation then we are about that. R vs D vs (?), not wanted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

Just trying to inform the people who didn't know that their data was being collected. Best to keep the pictures of your guns off social media.

Same goes with the post office. A lot of people don't know this.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

Y’all.

We’ve been doing this en masse since 2001.  Remember all the anthrax in the days after 9/11?

Heck, pieces of this technology have been around since the Unabomber days.

Don’t screw with postal inspectors. Seriously.

They’ll find you. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, MacGyver said:

They’ll find you. 

Unless it's a check someone sent or some ultra rare gun part I ordered. It can end up at the neighbors house or down in the holler, who knows some days.

• Like 2

I get an email every day of what's coming. Mail gets scanned but not packages. If you get no email, you won't get mail that day. They've been doing it for years, but only recently have they offered it as a free service to folks if they want it.  If a package is coming, they send a link to the tracking number if there is one.

• Like 1

In this day and age expectations of privacy are foolish. Cameras are everywhere, your cell phone is a tracker and people have a tendency to put their entire life on the internet. The information is there, but There's so much of it that unless you do something to attract attention to yourself, I doubt it will ever be used or even noticed. 

• Like 3

Wanna freak 'em out?  Send yourself a letter, from a post office, with a return address of: 

President of the Russian Federation
23, Ilyinka Street,
103132, Moscow,
Russia

Joe and Blow will love that you are one of his friends.

• Haha 1
On 5/15/2022 at 10:17 AM, ArmyBrat61 said:

People shouldn't be afraid of their government,

Government should be afraid of the people.

they are,,,hence the tracking and spying. I've been aware of this stuff longer than it has been in common use. used to try to maintain a low profile. now it's only possible if you live in the cave we talked of when discussing boycotts. eyes and ears are everywhere, literally.

On 5/14/2022 at 10:19 PM, MacGyver said:

Y’all.

We’ve been doing this en masse since 2001.  Remember all the anthrax in the days after 9/11?

Heck, pieces of this technology have been around since the Unabomber days.

They’ll find you. 

I get an email every morning with pictures of each piece of my mail. Been getting those for years.

• Like 1