Lever Guns - Popularity bringing modernizing

Erich

Tacti-cooling !!  

Maybe its been done before and hadn’t noticed, but when I get this Midwest Industries  email, it affirmed that the levers are likely more popular than their price increases suggested and to non traditional demographic.

I guess it was just a matter of time, and making something you love more ‘versatile’? can be seen many ways. Assume long time classic fans may be horrified if  you haven’t  seen it before. Thought it was worth a share whichever way you fall. 

What say you TripleGGG?

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/Henry-4570-MLOK-G2-Handguard-p/mi-h4570.htm

8D021023-B917-473A-9F7A-18C31EFED3B1.jpeg

Mossberg did something similar a few years ago with their 464 SPX model. It even includes an AR style adjustable butt stock. 

I love lever guns, but I prefer the more traditional styles. Not the least bit interested in a tacti-cool version. 💩

464 SPX.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Grayfox54 said:

Mossberg did something similar a few years ago with their 464 SPX model.

Not the least bit interested in a tacti-cool version. 💩

464 SPX.jpg

That is all kinds of wrong. I’m with you, not my thing and hard to see a ‘mission’ fit for the platform.

Is the price paid when you open the demographic a bit too wide…not only the crazy pricing.

• Like 1

Yup-that one has all kinds of🤢

I have a Henry H006M in .41 mag I have standing in the corner of the bedroom-

Fitted with a Skinner Peep-ghost ring with no insert-

It will shoot a 2 inch group at 50 yards with no eyeball help-

I also like the traditional appeal-

IMG_20220511_113454016_HDR.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Erich said:

Tacti-cooling !!  

Maybe its been done before and hadn’t noticed, but when I get this Midwest Industries  email, it affirmed that the levers are likely more popular than their price increases suggested and to non traditional demographic.

I guess it was just a matter of time, and making something you love more ‘versatile’? can be seen many ways. Assume long time classic fans may be horrified if  you haven’t  seen it before. Thought it was worth a share whichever way you fall. 

What say you TripleGGG?

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/Henry-4570-MLOK-G2-Handguard-p/mi-h4570.htm

8D021023-B917-473A-9F7A-18C31EFED3B1.jpeg

Greg already has tacticool one.  He couldn't help himself and got one that was listed on the sight about a year ago.  

Post that pic back Greg. @TripleGGG

• Like 1

Here is something to consider, you know they didn’t just do this on a whim in the hope of creating a market.  People had to actually be asking them for  this. I know….right?

As much as I’d want to satisfy my curiosity to know the who’s, why’s, and how many asked…Probably best not to know. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Erich said:

Here is something to consider, you know they didn’t just do this on a whim in the hope of creating a market.  People had to actually be asking them for  this. I know….right?

As much as I’d want to satisfy my curiosity to know the who’s, why’s, and how many asked…Probably best not to know. 

Could it be the new and improved Rifleman-go figure-

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Erich said:

They're popular in states that are very restrictive on semi-auto rifles. After all, the lever gun is the original assault rifle. 😉 In the hands of a skilled shooter they can be just as fast as a semi-auto and with better cartridges.  Plus they aren't all evil looking.  🙄

But I'm not so sure that making them all tacti-cool will help matters much. Could draw unwanted attention. Remember, the original AWB was based primarily on looks.  💩

I've seen a few different variants of these, never been able to get onboard. I'm still trying to wrap my head around people hunting with chassis guns or their look alikes, like the Ruger Precision Rifle and the Sig Cross. I was OK with polymer and carbon stocks, but at what point are we taking it too far? 

45 minutes ago, Thursty said:

…but at what point are we taking it too far? 

Fair to say. What happens when people have too much time and money perhaps. 

Right now it seems that consumers simply can’t buy enough or spend their money fast enough. All this talk of possible recession and hard times, just not seeing it in this industry, still a massive feeding frenzy.

1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

They're popular in states that are very restrictive on semi-auto rifles…, Plus they aren't all evil looking.  🙄

They are trying to fix up that image, aren’t they!! These weren’t too popular in CA they the time I be left. I’m gonna pin it on yet another ‘bonus’ from the pandemic driving a renewed interest from the wrong demographic. 

But it occurs to me, they really are only going halfway here. They are completely glazing over the other half of the duo that made levers such a deadly force. The horse!

Granted not as cool as a shark with a laser,  but those have a pretty narrow operating window compared to a horse with a 50. 

680B90D0-6A96-4486-9B60-F0D1B5A2BB83.jpeg

72AE1B1B-C738-4625-975D-1F1E5D4AD095.jpeg

2 hours ago, RandyB said:

This is more my style:

Model 89 - 500 S&W - Big Horn Armory

I ordered one with upgraded wood a month or so ago. Scheduled to be built in roughly 15 months

Funny.  That is exactly what I ordered about 1.5 months ago except I then upgraded the wood again to the collector grade when it became available about 2 weeks ago.  I am looking at 12-13 months for the build time.  Can't wait till I get it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Funny.  That is exactly what I ordered about 1.5 months ago except I then upgraded the wood again to the collector grade when it became available about 2 weeks ago.  I am looking at 12-13 months for the build time.  Can't wait till I get it.

I guess I'll have to cave to the pressure now lol. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Cant find any info about the collector grade wood on BHA's web site. Can you tell me more about the option?

2 hours ago, RandyB said:

Cant find any info about the collector grade wood on BHA's web site. Can you tell me more about the option?

They posted on the social media that they had gotten in some Exhibition Grade Circassian Walnut.  You had to call to get prices.  The exhibition grade was a $2200 upcharge. I politely declined and he told me that they also had a few pieces of collector grade.  They are above the fancy wood but didn't quite make the cut for exhibition grade.  The collector grade is $1400 extra.  You do get credit for the $600 already spent for the fancy wood upgrade so the collector grade cost an extra $800.  You do have to go ahead and pay for the wood because they do not get the higher grades in very often.  

Call your rep and ask if they have any more left.

This is the exhibition grade...

D7A74A1E-E88D-4793-A54F-C91172968750.jpg 

Edited by KahrMan
  • Wow 1