Re-Bluer?

DMark

Anybody know a firearm refinisher within driving distance of the Middle Tennessee area?

I can't find anyone that can re-blue a firearm in the MT, Southern KY or Northern AL area.

I'm looking for somebody that I can drive to and drop a firearm off with. The UPS/FEDEX rip off cost to ship a handgun out of state for a re-blue is getting to be almost as costly as the refinish itself. :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin Gun Shop, its in the same building with Asherbranners Pawn. The guys name is Sam. Phone 206-0075. He's got one of my rifles now. He sounds gruff and but will take great care of you. (no credit cards, and if your out of town I would say no checks...bring cash)

A complete rifle was around 150 as I recall.

..... The guys name is Sam.... He sounds gruff.....

Well, I've been called little more than "gruff" at times myself. I reckon Sam & I might get along. :D

How long did he say it would take to re-blue your rifle?

DMark,

I guess that would depend on his work load. A little known secret is Sam builds a lot of Uselton's custom 1911s. If he has a bunch of work from them it will take a bit. My rifle has been with him several weeks as I was having a new trigger installed and reblueing it. Its been ready since last week, I haven't been able to get by to get it.

I would say a week would be good but again, talk to Sam. If your coming up from the Boro, take 840, get off at the 109 North exit and come up to Gallatin. Once you get into town proper, look on the left after you pass a Mapco store and you'll see the building. If you see the Sherriffs dept or make it to the town square you went to far.

A phone call would probably provide most answers and make your trip more productive.

Saw Sam just an hour ago when I picked up my rifle. He said someone had called about getting some blueing done from the Boro and I said we had been talking him up. I didn't ask how long it would be but he appeared to be his normal "steady" in work load.

Sam is good people! Hope you give him some of your business (all of you in the area). My old Savage 110 looks brand new with the blue and a nice new trigger. Sometimes old and simple are the best. I think if I had to give up all my rifles but one, this one would stay with me. It's been the bain of many deer over the years although it hasn't been on a hunt the past two. I reckon its due for an outing or three this year!

RW

(Dmark, is your ATW-ABN a "stand in the door" type or whop whop type?)

WOW! :D

Reckon I came to the right place to find somebody who could re-blue a firearm. So far I have three within a easy drive of my "undisclosed" Middle Tennessee location.

1. Sam at the Gallatin Gun Shop.

2. JMR Gunsmithing in Brush Creek (still need contact info from The Rabbi)

3. Todd Watts in Christiana (Murfreesboro)

I'm going to talk to each one of them and I'll let everyone know how things turn out.

Thanks Everybody! :clap: