Fishing report

1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

My younger son and I took a trip to Defeated Creek today. Weather was perfect. Water was perfect. We caught a few small largemouth on crank baits, but nothing of note. Still a great day out.

Anybody catching fish now?

It was about this time last year I was out running around, stopped by the Caney and couldn't have caught a cold, ran up to Defeated and fished that area right where you turn in off of 85.  Caught about 50 chunky bluegill, had so much fun I went back the next morning and caught 50 more.  They were on the bed and were absolutely hammering the 1/64oz jigs that I was throwing.  I had every intention of going back this year, but I have too much going on at the moment. 

• Like 2

I fished Priest Sunday for a few hours and did not have much luck. I found an offshore school of bass on a hump on the river channel but they would not eat anything, they would follow for 5 or 10 feet but never commit. Switched to up shallow and only caught 3 short bass and a large red eye. After that I went looking for crappie and finally found a small school on a channel ledge and caught 3 keepers before i gave up due to the wind. I wish I could have stayed on those fish because I think I could have had 10 solid keepers or so. I plan on fishing my favorite small river this weekend.

• Like 1

We caught 20 on Watts Bar this trip in same general mid lake area, mix of largemouth and small mouth. Largest was 4lb8oz. Fishing on Watts Bar isn't as good as it was years ago but it is still my choice of area lakes.

• Like 1
On 5/30/2022 at 5:43 AM, tacops said:

We caught 20 on Watts Bar this trip in same general mid lake area, mix of largemouth and small mouth. Largest was 4lb8oz. Fishing on Watts Bar isn't as good as it was years ago but it is still my choice of area lakes.

I've got to head up that way sometime and give it a try. Do you mind telling what you're catching bass on? The few I've caught this year all hit a crankbait.

Don't mind at all. Before dark I caught a couple and lost a couple on a 200 series bandit craw pattern with a chartreuse belly.  The water was pretty stained from the rain and run off.  After dark we mostly Texas rigged under black lights using z-craws, speed craws, 6 or 8 inch zoom lizards and assorted worms 8-12 inches in length. Primary effective color for plastics has been green pumpkin.  The past two weeks they have been holding on wood but I expect that to change soon.  We didn't try points or ledges at all so I can't speak to that.  We just worked the banks from 2 to 12 feet deep.  June is typically a good month on Watts Bar.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

image.thumb.jpeg.e75d20f372a1a8f05cd000b524e43f55.jpeg

We brought home 3 cats about like this one my wife is so proud of. Got a couple more to the boat but didn’t get em in. We also caught many bluegills, black bass, skipjacks, drums etc. Ran into an old friend at the dock. He gave us a bass he’d hooked deep and killed. It was a great day. He and his wife had caught a bunch as well.

We had a delicious fish dinner.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • 2 months later...