New SA 10mm XDm Elite - Holds 17

GI got this email earlier. It’s very nice but I’m not for sure why it has been given the “new” label? Anyone know what the ‘Elite’ aspect carries with it? I’m honestly curious to know. ThanksMor

ris
(

Sent from ProtonMail for 
XDME94510BHCOSP-sales-header-1200-1

The new XD-M® Elite 4.5” OSP 10mm combines all the refinements of the Elite series with the impressive power of the 10mm cartridge. Offering an impressive 16+1 capacity, the pistol features the Match Enhanced Trigger Assembly (META™) with a flat face, crisp break and integral overtravel stop. Additional features include an optics-cut slide, an extended/removable flared magwell, improved slide serrations and an ambidextrous slide stop. The result is a highly shootable — and remarkably powerful — polymer-framed pistol.

XDME94510BHCOSPD-thumb-1200-1-1

XD-M® ELITE 4.5" OSP 10mm

w/ HEX Dragonfly 

MFG# XDME94510BHCOSPD  /   UPC# 706397961725

XDME94510BHCOSP-thumb-1200-1-1

XD-M® ELITE 4.5" OSP 10mm

MFG# XDME94510BHCOSP  /   UPC# 706397961251

XDME94510BHCOSPD-retailer-1200x600
Vector Smart Object
article-review-xdm-elite-45-osp-10mm-2.jpg

REVIEW: THE NEW XD-M ELITE 4.5" OSP 10MM

GunSpot

The 10mm is, and always has been, a remarkable round. Packing in the power comparable to a .41 Magnum revolver round, but designed for an autopistol, the 10mm offers impressive performance the ability for impressive capacity and fast reloads. So, it should come as no surprise that..

Springfield Armory, 420 West Main Street, Geneseo, IL 61254, USA, 800-680-6866

Manage preferences

Edited by JD_Shellnut
  • Like 2

Ya beat me to it. Great to see this length option, almost got the 5.25 and glad I didn’t. I have the 4.5” 9mm version and it’s a fantastic gun with outstanding accurate. Definitely getting one!

• Like 2

I think I knida would like 1 of these-

But there is a slight misconception that 10mm is comparable to .41 mag-it's really not-

41 Mag 210gr at roughly 1450 fps-compared to 180gr at 1250 fps-

10mm is close but still no banana-

• Love 1
2 hours ago, krunchnik said:

But there is a slight misconception that 10mm is comparable to .41 mag-it's really not-

I love me some 10mm, but gotta agree with this. I was a bit puzzled as to why they would go that route in the first place, speaking of the comparison to .41mag in the advert above. Sure, if you take a scalding hot 10mm load, say for instance something offered by DoubleTap, Underwood, or Buffalo Bore and then compare it to a .41mag standard load, then sure it’s comparable but you don’t even have to understand the first thing about firearms to see the obvious fallacy!
   Now that you mention it, krunchnik, it seems like I came across this same comparison somewhere else recently…I mean, what happened to .357mag? That’s a much more realistic comparison all around and what’s not to respect about that man stopper? Can I get an amen?

You’re practically always going to come out ahead, stat-wise, with a revolver when compared to an auto-loader, platform vs platform….BUT (and there’s always a ‘but’) I cannot argue that I prefer my chances with the 10mm when it comes time to reload, am I right? Take, for example, this elegant lady that SA has just offered to us above…just for fun let’s say we have a charging rhinoceros ( thank you spellcheck) bearing down on us. You would have to reload your revolver twice and have one single shot left (before having to reload a third time) by the time you took your 17th shot - with our SA you get 17 rounds down range before the first reload! A flic of the wrist and you have 17 more shots. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I can reload my semi-automatics WAY, WAY faster than I can any of my wheel guns, speedloader or not! When you think of the devastation you can unleash with 17 rounds of 10mm versus 6 rounds of .41mag, well, then they may have a point, but that opens up a literal ‘Pandora’s Box’ of other arguments in itself.

All that to say, yep, head to head, round vs round, it’s disingenuous to say 10mm Auto has equal power (or comparable to, really) with .41 Mag. If you REALLY want to widen the gap, lol, compare the two with custom loaded rounds max vs max! You’ll see the .41Mag is a wicked, wicked beast!

Aaah…still gotta love the TEN MIKE MIKE. It’s truly my favorite platform.

Edited by JD_Shellnut
attempted to correct worlds largest run-on sentence
19 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

Any idea when that might be 

Seems like I heard a while back that they were expecting to be in production early to mid 2023, but I’m not certain if that particular firearm will be among the first produced…heck I don’t even know what all the plant will produce at all, now that I open my big flapper! Is it like automotive where they have several factories that each one produces a few products or how it works. I, too, would like to know that.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Received it yesterday. The overall dimensions are larger than its 9mm counterpart, primarily more width, with possibly some front to back increase in the grip area. Similar to Large frame Glock compared to standard frame, but to a lesser degree (SF frame for the Glock folks). As delivered with medium backstrap, seems to favor pretty large mitts. I tend to wear large gloves and found it generous and moved down to the small backstrap to get it closer to my XDM9 which has the medium backstrap on it. Even with that change, circumference was about 4 - 5mm greater around the 10's grip.

Trigger breaks relatively clean at an avg of 5lbs 2oz. with medium short reset. Have PRP bits in my 9 which make the 10 feel heavy, but realistically pretty decent trigger out of the box.

Have yet to fire it, but based on feel in comparison to the 9, I want to add the gas pedal and ext mag release. Will hold off on the trigger until I shoot it a bit to see how it wears in.

The mags are the standard mags for the earlier 10mm with extended base plates. Comes with the standard 15rnd flat plates. Pleasant surprise is with the factory ext plate, they aren't just +1 plates (at least mine weren't). I am able to get 17 rounds in the mags without a fuss, giving capacity of 17+1 over the advertised 16+1 😉

XDM2.thumb.jpg.3e7b33b4b4eeea4de54acaad83b10d97.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1