My one and Only 1911

willis68

This by far is the best 1911 I have ever owned

Rock River Arms 1.5 Inch at 50 yards, much better than the SRP I had from Les Baer, the fit and finish is better than the Ed Brown’s I owned over the years

76C6E9BD-7B4D-47B4-B0B5-5AE8F2097223.jpeg

Edited by willis68
  • Like 12

I gave a new in the box Remington 1911 to my grandson. Purchased it a few years ago with my grandson in tow.  He liked it and I told him I would give it to him some day. Gave it last year and they can't get it to run. Only 1911 I ever purchased and is just like many new ones I have seen. Won't run without a lot of work. Reminds me why I never liked them.  

Edited to add; Hope you have good luck with yours Willis.

Edited by pop pop
1 hour ago, pop pop said:

I gave a new in the box Remington 1911 to my grandson. Purchased it a few years ago with my grandson in tow.  He liked it and I told him I would give it to him some day. Gave it last year and they can't get it to run. Only 1911 I ever purchased and is just like many new ones I have seen. Won't run without a lot of work. Reminds me why I never liked them.  

If they are built right they run like a well running sewing machine, sorry about the problems you all had 

Edited by willis68
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, pop pop said:

This has to be an anomaly.  Probably something relatively minor that is not meshing.  I'd take it to a gunsmith and see if he can't smooth this out.  

5 hours ago, et45 said:

Nice to see Rock River building 1911s again.Thats what they originally did before going down the AR15 rabbit hole. I think the owner worked for Les Baer at one time.

Yep the owner and I became friends he talked me into letting them build one for me and Im glad he did 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice 1911-

I have a few myself from RIA to Kimbers-

All run great and normally if they don't it's usually an extractor out of adjustment-

When it comes to owning 1911's it pays to learn a few different minor adjustments-

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, TheLulz said:

It is a super sweet 1911. 

The thing about 1911's to be fair to the detractors is that they can be much more maintenance intensive and you do have to learn a few things to run 'em well.

Glocks and such, not so much. 

That being said, IMVHO, its a small price to pay to become proficient with a gun who's ergos and trigger made the trouble so worth the hassle. 

A 1911, in my ever so humble opinion, is an experts weapon. 

They do require alot more from the end user than more modern designs.... but this pays off in spades when you take the trouble to learn to use 'em well and understand their strengths and weaknesses.

I am more accurate with my 1911's than any other handguns I own. Faster, too. 

Of course, my opinion is just that, and YMMV.

I agree 100%-

I used to carry a Kimber Ultra II in .45 ACP daily-which I really like-

But about a year ago or more I talked to a friend that carried a Sig P365-

He talked me into a Sig P365X with an RDS-This is all I carry now-

If my Ultra's were dot capable, I probably would still be carrying them-

IMG_20210927_102903364.jpg

IMG_20210927_103221999.jpg

• Like 2

I believe RRA's Chuck and Mark Larson learned their 1911 craft under Les Baer when they were all working in the Springfield Custom shop, then later when they joined Les when he started his own shop.    Mark passed away back in 2013 but RRA survives.

I have a 6" RRA and it's an excellent shooter, as you would expect.

rra2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2022 at 11:23 AM, TheLulz said:

It is a super sweet 1911. 

The thing about 1911's to be fair to the detractors is that they can be much more maintenance intensive and you do have to learn a few things to run 'em well.

Glocks and such, not so much. 

That being said, IMVHO, its a small price to pay to become proficient with a gun who's ergos and trigger made the trouble so worth the hassle. 

A 1911, in my ever so humble opinion, is an experts weapon. 

They do require alot more from the end user than more modern designs.... but this pays off in spades when you take the trouble to learn to use 'em well and understand their strengths and weaknesses.

I am more accurate with my 1911's than any other handguns I own. Faster, too. 

Of course, my opinion is just that, and YMMV.

I honestly forgot how much I missed the 1911, this one has became my number 1 Carry pistol 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I missed having a commander 1911, Alchemy customs weaponry just took my order last week for a Prime Carry,I just love how clean that model looks, It will be my first pistol with a Gold Dot front sight. I was told 6 to 9 months for delivery.

Whenever I tell someone, I make sure they understand it's River, not Island. It's bar none, the nicest 1911 format I've ever handled or shot, a second hand Rock River 1911 National Match. And, it's original pattern style hammer doesn't even bite me, a rarity, I used to be a bloody mess after a bullseye match when you had to shoot very restrictive 1911s in the 45 match. No commander hammer, no beavertail, but giant BoMar sights with a razor sharp front was fine. Pachmayr wraparound combats, but only with the "secret advantage giving" rubber toe trimmed off.

A secondhand NM1911, but it still has a LOT of "X"s left in it...

IMG_6385a.JPG

• 4 weeks later...