S&W PPK & PPK/S recall

Guest PerazziTM1

Guest Sgt. Joe

I checked with S&W in Maine 2 weeks ago and they said they were down to just a few hundred guns to fix. I called again last week and they said that any sent in NOW should be returned within 2 weeks and that they were hoping for an 8 day turnaround.

So I asked about the old mailing label and they said none of them were any good after 30 days and I asked that they send another, which they did. They are now using Fed-Ex instead of UPS which works better for me.

So I get it all boxed up and write my letter telling them to leave my feed ramp alone and not scratch it up and such.

I then pop on the Walther forum....there have been many reports of them coming back with different slides. One of the latest posts was that an all black gun came back with WHITE lettering on the slide.....this dude was HOT as well anyone would be. I can only imagine how PO'ed he must be. Not something I wanted to read right before I send mine off.

At any rate I will be sending it in the next day or two. My slide is stainless and is perfect, if they want to put a new one on that is fine but I sure as heck hope it dont come back with some black one with WHITE? letters:screwy:

I will edit this once I have actually sent it and will advise how long it takes to get back. I am pretty anxious about the whole thing because of all the bad return reports and the fact that this pistol works flawlessly. And I love it to pieces.

I REALLY hope they dont screw it up...Hope with me please;)

EDIT: Sent today Oct 13.....No probs with Fed Ex. I miss it already

EDIT2: Pistol received back on Fri Oct 23....11 days inclusive of sent, pickup days and weekends......Coool...

Slight polishing of barrel and recall work done. Gotta clean her up as it looks like it was more than one magazine that was shot thru it?....anyways get her back to the shootin place in the next week or so and hope it still is as sweet as it was.

Edited by Sgt. Joe
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to know they switched to Fed Ex. they are much better IMO. Also, I am positive they did not switch out my slide as it had a small nick in it when I sent it in, and it still does :chill:.....

Glad to hear they are turning them around faster now.

• 1 month later...
Guest janwbrown616

Mine is pre S & W. I did send it back about 6 months ago for a jamming problem, and had to send it th Smith because they took over all the Interarms repairs. Works like a charm now...

Mine is pre S & W. I did send it back about 6 months ago for a jamming problem, and had to send it th Smith because they took over all the Interarms repairs. Works like a charm now...

Interarms I assume. I had an old Interarms years ago. Had no problems with it but sold it for some dumb reason. Honestly though, I've had no problems out of the S&W other than the recall.