Democrat indroduces 1000% tax on AR15s

1 hour ago, Jeb48 said:

If they don't block private sales it will be interesting to see what the used market would do.

"apply only to future assault weapon sales"

Anything  under the made up term 'assault rifle' as defined by existing proposed Federal ban submitted by 2 known gun hating lib Senators: https://cicilline.house.gov/press-release/cicilline-feinstein-introduce-assault-weapons-ban

The later only sets the definition fortunately (just short of the red rider bb gun). Private in state sales still allowed, so the contents of your safe would drastically increase in value.

Would drive more folks to build their own and/or makers working with some creative workarounds. Example invoice lines:

AR15 sporting rifle / lower - $ .01

mandatory cleaning kit  - $899.00 for complete rifle, $100 for lower only

Edited by Erich

There are shootings in the news at about the time it's primary season for all of the House, and a 1/3rds chunk of the Senate.  Democrats are going to make sure they aren't giving room on their left flank.

As such, we're going to see stupider than usual things get proposed, introduced to committees, and they'll maybe spend a few months actually arguing over expanded background checks up to, but of course not interpreting the summer recess...just like always.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, btq96r said:

There are shootings in the news at about the time it's primary season for all of the House, and a 1/3rds chunk of the Senate.  Democrats are going to make sure they aren't giving room on their left flank.

I've tried to be reasonable, but as time goes on the less I believe such things are coincidence. 

5 hours ago, btq96r said:

As such, we're going to see stupider than usual things get proposed, introduced to committees, and they'll maybe spend a few months actually arguing over expanded background checks up to, but of course not interpreting the summer recess...just like always.

Yup... What Mista btq96r said.

agreein leroy...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Erich said:

Would drive more folks to build their own and/or makers working with some creative workarounds. Example invoice lines:

AR15 sporting rifle / lower - $ .01

mandatory cleaning kit  - $899.00 for complete rifle, $100 for lower only

Buy a lower for $10, get a discounted build kit for $600.  Free Assembly.

7 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Buy a lower for $10, get a discounted build kit for $600.  Free Assembly.

Yep, no matter how you mix and match the concept, variations allow plenty of wiggle room. 

Btw, in your example, that built lower came in @ $600.  A little blue lean at that price, it maybe a bit too boutique  😉

7 hours ago, btq96r said:

Democrats are going to make sure they aren't giving room on their left flank.

I like what you did there!

They jockeying now seems to be how they are bundling. Or in this case keep them out of the that for to avoid the GOP. 

I want to agree it all seems to be a bridge too far. But the environment of wokeness and how it’s sticking unlike prior iterations  does give me pause that all things blue with today’s much larger social media drivers seem a greater concern. 

Question on convenient timing. Let’s say brainwashing and they like ala Bourne is out as plausible. How does one envision this working? Are these individuals identified and watched,  being kept under control until needed? As in .gov knows of a population of wakadoodles and normally denies them access and opportunity by intervening until it’s self serving?  At which time they do intervene with a select few in the hopes that one of their ‘operators’ can successfully carry out a necessary event? 

10 hours ago, Erich said:

Yep, no matter how you mix and match the concept, variations allow plenty of wiggle room. 

Btw, in your example, that built lower came in @ $600.  A little blue lean at that price, it maybe a bit too boutique  😉

Total example. My speed are the $399 full guns that have popped up with free shipping lately...

• Like 1
On 6/5/2022 at 10:56 PM, Grayfox54 said:

If they pass that tax, I'd happily sell my ARs for just a 500% profit. 😄

except that the tax doesn't go to you, it goes to the gov... It won't pass anyway. They are all just talking for the sake of votes and "virtue signaling." They know virtually none of their proposals will pass the senate.

Edited by moodster
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, moodster said:

except that the tax doesn't go to you, it goes to the gov... It won't pass anyway. They are all just talking for the sake of votes and "virtue signaling." They know virtually none of their proposals will pass the senate.

As proposed it would exempt private party sales, so you pocket what you sell it for. All the rare Colt dollars you get for that beater PSA truck gun😆

With going the reconciliation route, they would make it easier, only simple majority. Question is can the usual holdouts be swayed by the revenues.  

Probably comes down to  incentives around bill packaging.

17 minutes ago, Erich said:

As proposed it would exempt private party sales, so you pocket what you sell it for. All the rare Colt dollars you get for that beater PSA truck gun😆

With going the reconciliation route, they would make it easier, only simple majority. Question is can the usual holdouts be swayed by the revenues.  

Probably comes down to  incentives around bill packaging.

ok fair enough, you're saying as a result of the tax on sales from dealers the overall value will rise for private sales. I didn't consider that.

31 minutes ago, AuEagle said:

Think how easy it will be to sell an AR privately at a fair price if this garbage goes through.

heck, If it looks like it’s happening, I’d be tempted to max a card buying a bunch of lowers. 

• 2 weeks later...