What’s your EDC

emarco

Good grief! I thought for sure I had posted in this thread. It seems that somehow I missed it. 🥴

There are three guns that I usually carry.

My primary carry for most of the last 30 years has been a lightly modified 1959 Colt Commander in .45acp. 

When I want something smaller and lighter, I generally go with a S&W 642 J-frame .38

On my exercise walks I carry a Colt Mustang XSP. With its poly frame and stainless slide, its about as rust proof as a gun can get. 

Off and on for the last year or so, I have been experimenting with my Sig P-239. Nice compact 9mm, but really not much smaller than my Colt. The jury is still out on that one. 🙄

But every now and then I just get an urge to carry something completely different just for S&G. It could be anything from a .25acp to a .45 Colt. Two favorites are a 3" S&W Model 13 and a Walther PPK/S. 😃

Old faithful 👍

LS12fdS.jpg

• Like 1

No satchel needed...

Pistol is in IWB holster at 2 o'clock

Spare mag in IWB mag pouch at 11 o'clock

Clinch pick is in sheath on belt at 11 o'clock

Flashlights in left front pocket 

Pepper Spray in right front pocket

TQ and Spyderco knife in left rear pocket

The "satchel" is for the heavier stuff .....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

currently a P365 X Macro slide w/Holosun 407K on a Wilson Combat XL grip module. Usually carry appendix with a Raven Vanguard 2.

Also always carry an EDC pouch with a Streamlight Micro USB, Victorinox Super Tinker, and Fisher space pen... all red to be matchy matchy. 

Sometimes carry POM OC spray. Usually when I'm on a walk because I don't want ever want to have to shoot a dog.

S&W Shield Plus, rotate between wethepeople IWB and aliengear sport tuck IWB holsters depending on whether i'm riding or driving; the aliengear at 3oclock is pretty excellent while riding, although i suppose an OWB under jacket would be 'best'  i cant bring myself to carry owb in public.

• Administrator

I never really thought of myself as a "Sig guy" but... here I am.  Most days it's my P320X series (3.9" barrel) with Wilson Combat compact grip, Holosun 509T optic and Streamlight TLR-7A WML.

Some days it's a P365XL Spectre Comp, some days it's a Glock 19, some days it's my Staccato C2.

But most days it's that P320X.

Recently I've made a change to my EDC. I have a really clean and flat shooting setup. Gen3 G19 with an SGM Tactical Threaded barrel equipped with a zev tech pro comp, my choice of the standard 15rd and 2 more for backup or a 15rd with a Taran Tactical +5 extension and 2 more exact mags setup the same to back up, truglo night sights, olight Valkyrie mini, and a custom leather grip wrap to 1) retexture without sacrificing the integrity of the frame and giving more grip, 2) change the ergonomics of the grip by a slight fraction, this added layer of leather isnt as thick as rubber grips but still changes the overall thickness and fills my palm better. I've done this grip style with three different types of handguns, a Taurus Poly 605, a Gen4 G21, and this Gen3 G19, am dropping my Gen3 G22 off Wednesday for one and a holster, but I digress, anyways, that's my EDC. She's great, I love her.

Edited by scatman
  • 2 weeks later...

My edc outfit recently changed to include with the firearm, light and iPhone:

1-Pepper or Bear Spray (depending on destination)

2-Slim folding pocket knife with 4 1/2" blade....think razor sharp

-Reason for adding spray is a recent bear encounter while walking in my neighborhood

-Reason for adding razor sharp knife is that that I often forget to shaving in the morning due to being retired

• Haha 1

Most days anymore its a Hellcat RDP in a Crucial Concealment carried appendix. Case Seahorse Whittler pocket knife, Bic lighter, and a Fury Concealment kydex card wallet. Leatherman Surge on the belt or a Leatherman sidekick clipped in my pocket. Streamlight Microstream light in shirt pocket. That takes care of pretty much everything I do day to day. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 7:44 PM, Spots said:

Most days anymore its a Hellcat RDP in a Crucial Concealment carried appendix. Case Seahorse Whittler pocket knife, Bic lighter, and a Fury Concealment kydex card wallet. Leatherman Surge on the belt or a Leatherman sidekick clipped in my pocket. Streamlight Microstream light in shirt pocket. That takes care of pretty much everything I do day to day. 

Not trying to be a smart arse, but what is the BIC lighter for. Cannon fuses?

8 minutes ago, JustEd said:

Not trying to be a smart arse, but what is the BIC lighter for. Cannon fuses?

I used to be a smoker so it became habit. But it does have its uses. We use them at work on heat shrink if we are doing field repairs on the water to wiring. We also use them to melt grease pencils to mix up with some other stuff to do vinyl repairs. Always helps to have a lighter when you decide to do a fire in the evenings without having to go in the house and hunt one. And Im in the woods alot hunting and hiking and the ability to make fire in case of emergency is pretty much mandatory

• Like 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Spots said:

I used to be a smoker so it became habit. But it does have its uses. 

Same here.  I've never been a cigarette smoker, but I've carried a Bic lighter in my pocket for many years.  It's remarkable how often one needs to be able to set something on fire.

• Haha 2