It’s friggin’ hot!!!!

23 hours ago, Garufa said:

Maybe they’ll get the swamp ass so bad they'll realize the error of their ways and move on elsewhere.

That’s great, all these years I never knew that had a fitting designation.

unfortunately a lot of CA folks are use to high heat. In the north valley where I was. 30+ days over 100 was not uncommon. Along with several days over 110. 

humidity was only 40 to 50%, but didn’t seem to make a huge difference on days in the brutal temps. Biggest difference was I only needed 2 dehumidifiers in my safe there. I’m up to 10 now here.

Edited by Erich

the prior 3 years I spent a bit of the summers in deep south GA taking care of properties  that are mostly on partial wetlands. Sand and weaponized biting insects everywhere. higher heat and humidity than here. 

I appreciate it here much more!

I appreciate having 3 AC guys in my phone even more.

Yeah it sucks, but once you have it cooled down and leave it there the AC doesn’t run that much as it would if you turned it up during the day and then when you get home and turn it down even a couple of degrees it will run longer. I hear you about the cost, sucks that TVA adds a fuel charge to your already high enough electric bill it just doesn't make sense to me since I've done a bunch of work at their plants. The only time they use fuel is to get the boilers light after that it's just crushed up coal dust that gets blown into the inside of the boilers, and they always have a mound of coal, but I guess the freight costs for delivering it is what they are putting on your bill.

2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

This is the kind of weather you wear. 

My fascination with last night’s Memphis weather in Knoxville is done. It’s worse this evening.

If I had a bit more privacy and less bugs that heat would be all I’m wearing outside. 😀

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, Garufa said:

My fascination with last night’s Memphis weather in Knoxville is done. It’s worse this evening.

If I had a bit more privacy and less bugs that heat would be all I’m wearing outside. 😀

It doesn’t help…don’t ask.😄

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

You’ll boil your lobster!!!

I have a high metabolism, I can work inside the walk-in cooler at 35° with no jacket on for hours. I can work outside in the winter time for hours no issues. However much above 80° I suffer terrible, it goes over 90 I have to be extremely careful or I will overheat.

• Like 3
On 6/14/2022 at 1:28 PM, derf said:

You want to talk about hot. We lost power in Collierville  at 5:30 PM yesterday and it didn’t come back on till 12:20 this morning. Cold showers ain’t that bad! 

Hell yeah it was.  You must be in my neighborhood.  I passed out with a battery powered fan on my chest.

6 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I hope everyone is making sure their pets are taken care of in this heat.....🙂

052072C6-B96E-479B-8A07-08953DC763A6.thumb.jpeg.cfedb6d18478b69609f15b371d441ad2.jpeg

The “Crown Prince” is really suffering here lately. 😉

I can’t stand to see pets left out in this. 

• Thanks 1

I never thought I would miss working outside in the high desert of NM where it was 105 by noon but with no humidity it was like Spring in TN.  I seen a tree chasing a dog down the street today trying  to get it to pee on it.

Edited by Will
spelling
  • Haha 1
On 6/14/2022 at 8:18 PM, Garufa said:

It might be worth it... until the sunburn kicks in 😬