Sks value

MigJBaut

It really all depends.  Don’t know what the current SKS market is but it’s not worth a penny more than one in original configuration, much less actually to someone who appreciates such things the way they were made before bubba got a hold of it.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

It really all depends.  Don’t know what the current SKS market is but it’s not worth a penny more than one in original configuration, much less actually to someone who appreciates such things the way they were made before bubba got a hold of it.

I agree with this, but I can also add a little to it, my buddies and I bought 6 Norincos that had never been fired, they were parade and drill rifles for the Chinese Military, paid 600 a piece for the wood furniture, 525 for polymer furniture and synthetic stock. The only increases in value I have seen for these is: 1) if you convert the magwell to accept magazines instead of the standard loading by hand from the top or stripper clips. 2) if you have synthetic furniture, reverting it all to wood. 3) Upgrading to the wooden pistol like grip stock. 4) There's a company that makes furniture to essentially turn your SKS into an AR/K platform, the price of this is around 2.5K and resale value is a 1/3 of that price, so you're relatively wasting your money if you're looking to get a return out of it.

11 hours ago, MigJBaut said:

How much is a arsenal 316 sks with a folding stock and a 30 round magazine and 7 round magazine with 120 rounds of ammo worth 

Sadly, the folding stock and removable mags generally reduce the price. There are some who will covet such things but most like me look at it think "How much will it cost me to un f@ck it". 

That said, it boils mostly down to condition, missing pieces, and permanent modifications like holes or ground down/off bits, how many numbers match.

You will need detailed pictures for anyone to even begin to guess at value. Based off what you said though ~$250ish without knowing more.

• Like 2

SKSs have kinda turned into a collector niche all its own. At least a half dozen or more arsenals produced them for at least as many countries. What its worth now depends greatly on exactly what it is, who made it, when and its condition. Any modifications usually subtract from the value. Generally speaking, an un-molested, military rifle is currently selling for around $500. 

• Like 1