California Attorney General Leaks Names and Addresses of State’s Legal Gun Owners

Like a shopping list for gun thieves and recently released angry felons...

"The private information of California’s gun owners was posted in publicly-accessible files to the California Department of Justice’s 2022 Firearms Dashboard Portal, The Reload reported."

"The Reload reviewed a copy of the Los Angeles County database and found 244 judge permits listed in the database. The files included the home addresses, full names, and dates of birth for all of them. The same was true for seven custodial officers, 63 people with a place of employment permit, and 420 reserve officers."

Article

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/california-attorney-general-leaks-names-addresses-states-legal-gun-owners/

• Angry 4

One of the best laws regarding handgun carry permits the obfuscators in Nashville ever passed was closing access to personal information of those who hold permits. 

It wasn’t that long ago that TN newspapers regularly maintained searchable databases of who had permits.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I guarantee it would not take much GoogleFu to find it posted other places now. 

I am sure it is archived, like on the wayback machine, and probably by many bad actors as soon as it was released.

• Moderators
Just now, Grayfox54 said:

Disgraceful! 💩 

Considering how hard it is to get a CCW in California, you can bet that many of the people on that list have big money and political power. I hope this costs that state millions. 

My concern is that with a “good cause” standard it is very likely that a lot of victims of domestic violence and stalking just had their addresses and other personal information doxxed to those that would do them harm. Hopefully this won’t lead to someone being directly harmed. 

9 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Disgraceful! 💩 

Considering how hard it is to get a CCW in California, you can bet that many of the people on that list have big money and political power. I hope this costs that state millions. 

Fortunately not always hard.  CA isn’t a shall issue state, but each county’s sheriff gets to determine departmental administration of ‘good cause’. A large number of sheriffs are pro 2A and ‘to protect myself’ is acceptable cause.  Pretty much the state of Jefferson thing. Some Lib county sheriffs may have want to, but would be political suicide.

Would be great if the state ends up having to pay big dollars and the AG being canned. 

Erik’s idea of this being intentional is believable. CA has wanted to make this info public for some time. They achieved their first milestone last year passing limited release of data. The standard long term plan to chip away until they win.

It’s likely that nay allow them to absolve the AG and say, whoops, it wasn’t supposed to be public but LEO restricted. Maybe can a clerk in IT. 

With SCOTUS taking the NY case, wonder if the en banc appeal win on magazines will get appealed to the SC. The danger in that is if they lost it may embolden the dems to try to get that passed since it was cut out of the recent hobbling of 2A

On 6/29/2022 at 10:25 PM, HappyCamper said:

Yes sleep profit, once a great place. Roots in the HB/OC area. It's all a memory now. All gone.

Ever watch Wally George?? He was the best. Orange curtain no more.

Still miss the good Mexican food though. That's about it.

I was a San Diego kid, if you ever get to Chattanooga hit up Taqueria Jalisco. Awesome street tacos and salsa. Certainly not Tex Mex.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, buck1032 said:

I was a San Diego kid, if you ever get to Chattanooga hit up Taqueria Jalisco. Awesome street tacos and salsa. Certainly not Tex Mex.

Yep. Lived in encinitas for 12 years too. Then back gate Pendleton for 3.

Live in in Chattanooga now. Will definitely hit up jalisco. 

Baja style for me profitt. Love a chili relleno burrito. But a shrimp diablo or fish taco is what I'm craving....

Back to topic. This WAS intentional. They are building a fiefdom in California. That is the ultimate goal. Protections for me, not for thee. Straight peasants . 

F the virtue signaling uppity moutbreating elites and politicians. They want a very poor/desperate class and the rich can play/protect themselves only. It's all about control. 

Honestly, they/them don't care about you.

• Like 2