Brazil relaxes gun laws, Homicide drops 34%

8 hours ago, TheLulz said:

Golly gee, how novel that allowing humans to exercise their unalienable right to self defense by not infringing on their right to own the tools of such actually results in less violence.  

Those are only American rights. We are talking about BRs.

• Dislike 1
On 7/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, TheLulz said:

The right of self defense derives from the human instinct of self preservation, and is an immutable facet of humanity.

Self defense is a human right, shared by all of humanity.

Governments can either choose to respect or to violate this right. 

Our Second Amendment is supposed to codify a respect for this right in our government.

Its nice to see that Brazil under Jair Bolsonaro is swinging towards respect of that right, and its telling that in a world where for most of history and in most nation states today, that right is not respected, that when it is respected- good things happen.

What country takes away self defense?

• Dislike 1
  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, TheLulz said:

Now.

After schooling you, I'm going to step back, gently close the door, and let the mods handle you.

I don't have time or patience to deal with jackassed morons. 

liberal_idiot-3538526818.jpg

Actually, you haven’t schooled anyone. You basically strolled in and did the pigeon on the chessboard strut. You’re new here so this is your one free warning. We expect better of folks than this. You wanna debate your point, do it with reason and facts. Strawmanning, ad hominem and name calling aren’t helpful on any level. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Moderators
On 7/5/2022 at 1:58 AM, Daniel said:

What country takes away self defense?

Before The Lulz went off the deep end, he made a valid point about denying the ability to use effective tools for self defense is to essentially remove the right of self defense. 

A great and recent example of this comes from our neighbors up north  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/guns-must-not-be-used-for-self-defense-canadas-trudeau-insists

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
23 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I'ma pop smoke here if you allow the left to troll your forum.

I have literally no time for those clowns.

It seems that he's already decided to leave the forum, and I think his wish should be granted: ban his ass.

Looks like someone took the slow train from Philly. 

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, TheLulz said:

Here's another lesson for you-

Human beings, possessing an immutable right to self defense, which I've noticed you haven't refuted, also are by nature a tool using species.

Denying people the right to use modern tools -firearms- for their own defense denies them the very right of self defense. 

I could make a list, but lets start with your favorite country -Russia- where arms laws are very strict yet murders far outpace ours.

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2013/09/19/224043848/the-u-s-has-more-guns-but-russia-has-more-murders

You think I like Russia?  Are you mental?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Before The Lulz went off the deep end, he made a valid point about denying the ability to use effective tools for self defense is to essentially remove the right of self defense. 

A great and recent example of this comes from our neighbors up north  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/guns-must-not-be-used-for-self-defense-canadas-trudeau-insists

Framed in that manner the argument has merit in that as you say it does limit the tools with which you CAN defend yourself.  Saying you cant defend yourself just in general though isnt accurate.  

The whole start voicing support for JB my misinterpretation of support for JB just rubs me the wrong way because the guy has voiced his support of the military dictatorship in Brazil and for dictators all over South America.

Views on the Brazilian military dictatorship

220px-Jair_e_Eduardo_Bolsonaro_no_congre

Bolsonaro and his son Eduardo hold up a Brazilian flag during a ceremony to mark the 50th anniversary of the 1964 military coup d'état, 1 April 2014.

Throughout his political career, Bolsonaro has made several admiring comments about the U.S.–supported Brazilian military dictatorship which ruled the country from 1964 to 1985. He said in 1993, eight years after the return of democracy, that the military regime had "led to a more sustainable and prosperous Brazil".[10] Bolsonaro has publicly referred to the military dictatorship as a "glorious" period in Brazil's history,[181] and that under the military dictatorship, Brazil enjoyed "20 years of order and progress".[181] In December 2008, Bolsonaro said that "the error of the dictatorship was that it tortured, but did not kill".[182]

Bolsonaro has also repeatedly made admiring comments about a number of other Latin American dictatorships. He praised Peruvian president Alberto Fujimori as a role model for his use of military intervention via self-coup against the judiciary and legislature.[10] In a 1998 interview with Veja magazine, Bolsonaro praised the Chilean dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet, and said the Pinochet regime, which killed over 3,000 Chilean citizens, "should have killed more people".[183] In 1999, Bolsonaro said that Hugo Chávez represented "hope for Latin America", comments that became a matter of controversy during the 2018 campaign, when Bolsonaro presented himself as a harsh critic of Chavismo.[184] In 2019, already in power, Bolsonaro commended Paraguayan dictator Alfredo Stroessner as a "visionary" and "statesman", drawing immediate criticism, particularly due to multiple allegations of pedophilia against Stroessner.[185][186]

Speaking before his vote in favor of President Dilma Rousseff's impeachment amid the massive corruption scandal, Bolsonaro paid homage to Colonel Brilhante Ustra, an agent of Brazil's military dictatorship, and announced on the floor of the Chamber of Deputies that he was dedicating his pro-impeachment vote to Ustra's memory. Ustra had headed the DOI-CODI torture unit where Rousseff was allegedly tortured during the military dictatorship. Left-wing deputy Jean Wyllys spat at him after his statement during the same session. The congressman claimed to have suffered homophobic offenses from Jair Bolsonaro and his allies.[187][188]

In a TV interview with Câmera Aberta in the 1990s, Bolsonaro said that if he ever became president, he would use this as an opportunity to shut down the National Congress and instigate a military coup himself. As of 2018, he appeared to have changed his mind, and said that if someone becomes the head of the country, it would be through voting.[189]

In March 2019, Bolsonaro stated that the 1964 coup d'état that overthrew President João Goulart[190] was not a coup, and that 31 March, the day the coup was installed, should be "properly commemorated".[191][192][193]

Edited by Daniel
correction for my error.

Interesting. I checked The Lulz profile and under "Military" he said NO. Yet he uses military terms. Probably learned playing Call of Duty.  Also "I'ma" is social media slang mostly used by the younger crowd.

I also looked up Lulz in the urban dictionary: "lulz 1. A corruption of 'lol' or a purpose misspelling of 'lol'. 2. An idiotic excuse to do ANYTHING offensive or disturbing (and as such, funny) used mostly by Chantards (4chan, IIchan, etc.) Gaiafags, or any usual member of Encyclopedia Dramatica. 3. Something funny that is caused at the expensive of others.

File these under things that make you go Hmmmmm.  🙄

• Like 2