New toy added

Grunt67

Added a new toy today. Been thinking on this for a while, finally got up the courage to do it. Came from Sportsman's Warehouse in the 'boro.

Got some extra mags ( came with 1 Magpul ), got some ammo also.

Received the military discount. All in all, not a bad deal. Had it in stock at the store.

S&W. M&P 15 Sport II  16" bbl, Magpul open sights, Picantinny rsil.

20220627_192433.thumb.jpg.31fcfad0de2c382eaf987a19ed564599.jpg20220627_192454.thumb.jpg.c2cb4fa03a6a90d23aad8a61ffa58e88.jpg20220627_192433.thumb.jpg.31fcfad0de2c382eaf987a19ed564599.jpg20220627_192433.thumb.jpg.31fcfad0de2c382eaf987a19ed564599.jpg

Edited by Grunt67
  • Like 7
20 minutes ago, Garufa said:

😀 The pictures.  “Automatic Rifle”.  I was wondering if that was a new brand or just some old-timey ad.

Good question.  The ad's new, I guess they use automatic like some say clips LOL.

It's definitely not auto. Wish it was, but couldn't afford it if I found one.

28 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Good question.  The ad's new, I guess they use automatic like some say clips LOL.

It's definitely not auto. Wish it was, but couldn't afford it if I found one.

You should enjoy your new automatic repeater.  S&W makes a fine AR.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, purple_trex12 said:

buying a new gun is a great way to celebrate the 4th😀

Certainly couldn't argue with that.  That'll probably cover the 4th, Labor Day, Tksgiving, birthday, Christmas, all rolled into one. LOL.

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

That they do. Did my research, looking for reliable, affordable. I'm not into the "tacticool" stuff.  I think it'll serve my purpose well.

Tacticool does sell a lot of guns & accessories tho.

Edited by Grunt67

You’ll enjoy that. The only thing I’d consider adding is a carry handle/sight. They aren’t any improvement over what you have, it’s only personal preference for me.

Mount a scope on it, and I expect you’ll be amazed at the accuracy you’d see from it.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

You’ll enjoy that. The only thing I’d consider adding is a carry handle/sight. They aren’t any improvement over what you have, it’s only personal preference for me.

Mount a scope on it, and I expect you’ll be amazed at the accuracy you’d see from it.

That does come in handy & sights are good with the handle. The Colt AR I had & my M16 had the handle. Guess I'll see how these work out before making changes. My old eyes & progressive lens don't work well with irons anymore. Likely go to a dot or holographic of some sort. Stay tuned I guess.

These rear sights have 2 flip up apertures. One large & one small. All fold down flat.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Garufa said:

My one AR is this rifle.

I have not had a malfunction to date over several thousand rounds.

I would recommend to anyone looking for their first or next AR

I carried the M& P out for a spin today. Went up to Westmoreland to see a good buddy of mine. He had a makeshift target set up across his pond, he said was 100 or 110 yes. Forgot my range finder.

So I fired a few shots, hasn't been sighted in, I put 2 shots about an inch &1/4, open sights. No idea what to expect. Believe it'll be good to go once I adjust a bit.

Well pleased. No pics, didn't have my phone.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...