Jackson Gun Show July 9-10

I live in Memphis and go to the Jackson gun show, the shows here in Memphis are worthless unless you want to pay a buck a round for ordinary ammo, or 1500 plus for a cheaply built AR, Saw one dealer here in Memphis selling PSA builds for around 12-1500 dollars with a cheap 40 dollar red dot, seems he was pretty busy, WOW..Jackson does seem to have a good selection of guns and ammo, also from time to time, they seem to have some really nice collectible knives like Randalls and the like...I think its a very worthwhile show, but who knows what happens from show to show.

I've always preferred the Jackson show over Memphis. Memphis is mostly overpriced ARs and plastic pistols. At Jackson you get a much wider variety of stuff to choose from including some older, collectible guns.聽 But like all gun shows, how good it is just depends on who decides to show up and what they bring.聽馃檮

Besides, RK lost their venue in Memphis. Nothing scheduled there for the rest of the year and who knows when they'll get back to Memphis?聽

Well, I survived.聽馃檮聽Over all a pretty good show. Lots of interesting stuff to choose from. Unfortunately, much of it was way overpriced. Especially older collectible pieces. I'm talking plumb stupid prices.聽馃が聽聽

The turn out was surprisingly small. I guess money is just too tight right now for a lot of folks. However, a lot of guns were being sold to those who did come. I did well. I brought 4 to sell and sold 2 for a nice profit. My table partner sold 8!聽馃槻聽But he did bring a lot more than I did.聽

Its still there tomorrow if anybody is interested.聽馃槈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I guess money is just too tight right now for a lot of folks.

The price of gas, food, and such have STOPPED my buying any thing for a bit.

12 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I did well. I brought 4 to sell and sold 2 for a nice profit. My table partner sold 8!

Glad yall made a good day out of the show, Congrats!

The people that did come were there to buy. So a lot of guns were sold. I agree, new guns were going for MSRP. Older collectibles were plumb outrageous. 2.5" S&W Model 19 was $1300, Model 27s were $1700-1900, Colt Diamondback .38 was $2500 and the topper of them all was a Raven .25acp for $150!聽馃樀

I confess, I had my guns priced a bit high. I figured if someone was interested that would give me some haggle room. Besides, I didn't need to sell them. If I couldn't get my price, I'd just take 'em home and put 'em back in the safe. But the two that I sold, the buyers didn't even haggle. Paid asking price, no questions.聽

There was one middle aged couple there looking to find a defensive rifle for the wife. Nice folks. They settled on the Ruger PC carbine my partner had for sale. It came with 5 mags and some other goodies. Gun was LNIB.聽 But then they tried to hand him a credit card to pay for it.聽聽 Yeah, like an old man with just one table takes credit cards.聽 Uh, nope.聽馃檮聽They asked him to hold it while they went to find a ATM. He did and sure nuff, about an hour later they came back and paid him in $20 bills.聽馃槃

• Like 1

I went Sunday and was surprised there were fewer people than I expected. 聽 Moved around from table to table with ease and was able to browse slowly and look closely at all the smalls ... 聽I bought a monocular and pair of Ospry binaculars to take on an Alaskan cruise this fall . 聽I saw 2 nylon 60s and a Belgium browning that we're nice but priced nicely also ... I passed. 聽 Was surprised to see some primers and powder. 聽 聽All priced nicely as well. 聽I enjoy the Jackson shows more than the Memphis shows聽