TN/ Fed Government

14 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I firmly believe that forcing a woman to carry a child conceived by rape or incest is cruel and unusual punishment for something they didn't want. I also believe that if a woman is going for that exception then they must file a complaint against the man. That way they can't simply claim something to get an abortion.

I can see that, but I also feel that a woman (not child, I'll explain) needs to report such occurrences immediately so something like the morning after pill can be given.  As to children, they should be educated to inform their parents, teachers or other authority figures as soon as possible so the same option can be given.  Any adult with knowledge of these occurrences that does not report it needs to be held liable for it.  After a certain period (need science/medical to weigh in on this), I believe the child gains rights, and unless it threatens the life of the mother, it should be allowed to be born.  It's harsh to "force" someone to have a child, but we must protect those that can't do it for themselves. 

Any state or jurisdiction that has a law in which you can be charged for two murders when killing a pregnant woman needs to ban abortions as well, with the proper exceptions such as the Rape, Incest and endangering the mother with the above stipulations.

12 hours ago, No_0ne said:

In many cases, regardless of what side of the aisle a policritter happens to sit on, abortion is a loser of an issue and most want to avoid it at all costs. As with many of the "hot button" issues, it's much better (from an election standpoint) to be able to rail against laws you know are unlikely to ever get changed than to actually have to make decisions regarding enforcement or other actions relevant to the issue at hand.  It's also a lot easier to raise money by opposing positions your constituency  finds objectionable than by defending laws they agree with ...

Yeah, aside from things that involve money benefiting someone, most issues fall into the category of neither party wants to actually solve.  Guns are certainly in that camp. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

I think to continue this thread the topic needs to stay on the discussion of state/federal powers and not on abortion rights, etc.

As the two are intertwined and this thread started with abortion maybe it should just be shut down.

Edited by Garufa

I'm a huge believer in individual freedom. I don't believe anybody should have the authority to tell any individual what they can or can't do with their own body. The choice to get or not get an abortion is between the woman, her conscience and God. Frankly, its nobody else's damned business. Abortion is not and never should have been a legal issue. Its a moral issue. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
15 hours ago, Garufa said:

As the two are intertwined and this thread started with abortion maybe it should just be shut down.

I will 2nd this.

Edited by RED333
Because I can
15 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm a huge believer in individual freedom. I don't believe anybody should have the authority to tell any individual what they can or can't do with their own body. The choice to get or not get an abortion is between the woman, her conscience and God. Frankly, its nobody else's damned business. Abortion is not and never should have been a legal issue. Its a moral issue. 

Well said GrayFox! 

The thread was about the council, in Nashville, passing a resolution to ignore a lawful law passed by the state, which happened to be about abortion. Not only happening in the "Ville" but nationwide. The president is trying to skirt the S Court's decision to pass the abortion issue back to the states by reversing the Feds stand on Rowe v Wade. It amazes me that they (people in power) publicly want someone to ignore the rules/laws they don't like. 

If they get away with this then who knows what law will be next.