Pet Peeves

We all have 'em. What are actually simple, common things that people do that for some reason annoy the poop outta you.
Here's some of mine:

At stores, banks and pharmacy's :
 People who wait until the last second to get there stuff in order. Whether its a prescription, paperwork, coupons, a check or whatever, this person waits until they get to the cashier before ever digging any of this stuff out. Many times they've been standing in line for several minutes and had plenty of time to do this in advance, But Noooo, they wait until the last possible second. And then often fumble around going through purses or pockets to find what they need. 

People who stop dead in the middle of the isle so that you can't get around them and just sit there for at least several minutes. Especially if they're talking to someone else. 

Why is it that the person directly in front of you will always have a problem with their order, prescription or credit card that takes forever to resolve? 

Driving:
The guy who insists on cruising right there in your blind spot.

They guy who has to come to a complete stop to make a right hand turn into a big, double wide driveway. Forcing you to come to a complete stop too. 

The people who stop short or change lanes right in front of you making me slam on the brakes. Especially when there's no apparent reason for it. 

These are some of mine. What are your's? 

• Like 3

People who run the speed limit or slower in the left lane. Some of us are trying to use the hammer lane to actually pass, not cruise. And semi trucks that run side trying to pass another truck for miles on end. 

• Like 5

Even folks who are going faster than the speed limit in the hammer lane bug the crap out if me when they continue to stay in that lane when it is obvious I want to go faster. 

The driver that will pace with you. They are going 75 or so. I pass them and they speed up and pace me. I keep going faster and they pace me. Then I pull over to let them pass and they slow down as soon as the get ahead of me. So I pass them again and they speed up again. Drives me crazy. Usually if you hold it at 95 for 5-10 miles, they give up. 

• Like 3
  • Moderators
32 minutes ago, Spots said:

People who run the speed limit or slower in the left lane. Some of us are trying to use the hammer lane to actually pass, not cruise. And semi trucks that run side trying to pass another truck for miles on end. 

GIF by Ghostbusters

• Haha 2

Driving for miles on the interstate with my cruise control set on 78 and pass the same guy 3 or 4 times or the guy that comes flying up out of nowhere then slows down enough to make me break my cruise control to get behind him to pass another car.

• Like 6

Left lane Larry's or Lisa's as I call 'em, just won't move over to the right lane for anything.

People that have to pass me on the interstate, almost take my front bumper off when moving back over to the right lane so they can exit the interstate.  What's wrong with pulling in behind me?????

When I have a "blind spot Barney", I start swerving in my lane a little bit and get close to 'em, they usually pass me or drop back.  

I wish people would learn how to Yield while driving, I know the sign is red but you don't have to stop.

Get up to speed while merging onto the interstate! The F'n on ramp is so you get build up the speed to merge safely, not cruise on at 42 mph and then try to merge and get up to speed.

Put #### up at stores. Don't dump product you thought you wanted just randomly throughout the store.

that's just a few, I could go on forever.

Up-Talking is one thing that annoys me. People saying a sentence that sounds like they are asking a question. It seems to be widely used now by all ages of people.  It makes people sound like they are unsure about what they are talking about. It annoys the crap out of me. 

Also when people drive too close to one another. Either they have not rear-ended someone before or they are just immature. People tailgate others so badly that the hand of God is the only thing that could keep them from not crashing into the person in front of them. Also , I have noticed something in the last few years. When I'm turning from one street to another or turning into a driveway,  the person behind me always gets pissed amd blows the horn.  They expect people to turn into a driveway or street at full speed it seems. When you are behind another vehicle in Tennessee , you should keep  safe distance to keep from crashing into them . If you get mad at a person that wants to sayfely make a turn,  then you should probably put more distance between you and them or leave your home earlier to you're not in such of a hurry. I've been working crashes for 25 years and drivers just keep getting worse habits and make more dangerous decisions it seems. 

13 hours ago, Spots said:

Alabama drivers are the absolute worst at doing this. I frequently silently wish that I had a couple of M2's in the front of my vehicle to nail them for it!

I'll take this off the streets, (where I get angered by other driver's stupidity), and into the grocery stores:

1. People who don't understand to keep in their "lane" while they are coming at you with their cart.

2. The grocery store's order fillers and stocking clerks who park their damned carts right in the middle of the aisle.

3. People that navigate the store and are oblivious to the fact that other people are trying navigate the store also.

4 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I'll take this off the streets, (where I get angered by other driver's stupidity), and into the grocery stores:

1. People who don't understand to keep in their "lane" while they are coming at you with their cart.

2. The grocery store's order fillers and stocking clerks who park their damned carts right in the middle of the aisle.

3. People that navigate the store and are oblivious to the fact that other people are trying navigate the store also.

I thought I was the only one with this condition, specifically #1, but the rest as well. 😀

The same goes for people just walking…wherever…on a sidewalk, in a store, or a wide open space.  Rules of the road apply.  Oncoming walkers need to pass to a person’s left and not do this ignorant jockeying for position and dance of confusion or simply barging through on the wrong side of the “road”.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

Alabama drivers are the absolute worst at doing this. I frequently silently wish that I had a couple of M2's in the front of my vehicle to nail them for it!

I'm going to add Texas drivers and people from Bedford county TN to this.

• Like 1

1) People putting along in the on-ramp like they’re not concerned with “merging with ongoing traffic” then getting to the interstate and acting like everyone should move for them because NOW they have to get somewhere. 
2) People who pull in front of the store and park damn near on the sidewalk to go in the store with empty spots right by the door. Essentially blocking in anyone who actually parked in a spot until the butthole gets done shopping. 
3) People who are healthy parking in handicap spots because they’re  too lazy to walk to another position many time two or three spots from the handicap parking. 
4) Laziness in general irritates me, whether in public or at work. 

I probably have thirty more but these pop out at the moment. 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

1) People putting along in the on-ramp like they’re not concerned with “merging with ongoing traffic” then getting to the interstate and acting like everyone should move for them because NOW they have to get somewhere.

Don’t be farting around in the merging lane when I come off that on-ramp.  I’ll be going full speed. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2