Pet Peeves

People that mow their grass and throw the clippings in the street or at the side of my truck while I鈥檓 driving on that street. Don鈥檛 they know if they only turn the chute the other way, the grass won鈥檛 go in the road...

Drivers that make a sudden left swerve just before they turn right. It doesn鈥檛 help...

• Like 3
5 hours ago, rugerla1 said:

People who are healthy parking in handicap spots because they鈥檙e 聽too lazy to walk to another position many time two or three spots from the handicap parking.聽

This is more than a peeve to me. It just flat pisses me off. My Father, my late wife and a good friend of mine were all legitimately handicapped. Its a real聽obstacle to people like them when they are forced to park a long way from the door.聽聽I have called the Police and gotten such azzholes ticketed.聽馃が

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

People that mow their grass and throw the clippings in the street or at the side of my truck while I鈥檓 driving on that street. Don鈥檛 they know if they only turn the chute the other way, the grass won鈥檛 go in the road...

I do the opposite, if someone is passing the front of my house and I am mowing near the street, especially if they are walking with kids, I just shut off the mower until they walk/drive by. Then I start it back i and keep on mowing once they are past.聽

• Like 3

People that habitually show up 15 minutes late for shift work. I hate having to wait for slackers that have no consideration for others that have worked their shift and want to go home, yet expect me to relieve them 10 minutes early! Selfish bastiges!聽馃が

• Like 1

As I sit in bumper to bumper traffic on I-40 East between Bucksnort and Dickson due to a MVA, douchbags who ride up the right shoulder to get around everyone. There are no exits to get to but the feel entitled to pass everyone.聽

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

As I sit in bumper to bumper traffic on I-40 East between Bucksnort and Dickson due to a MVA, douchbags who ride up the right shoulder to get around everyone. There are no exits to get to but the feel entitled to pass everyone.聽

I hate that too but they usually get their punishment later on in the form of screws and nails stuck in their tires since that is where all the stuff like that ends up on the road.聽

When a business has double doors and I'm walking in through one and people going the other way stand outside the other door waiting for me to and my posse to get through. Just open the other door and go about your business. More of a "WTF?" than a pet peeve since it really doesn't impact me at all.

But on the subject of businesses with double doors . . . why do some bozos unlock one but not the other? That's an irritant for sure when I reach for a door and it's locked only to find the one adjoining it is unlocked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Out of curiosity, why is Narcan a pet peeve?

The fact that it's needed.聽

The fact that wife has to train people how to use it on kids.聽

I'm all for crack heads killing themselves off with fentanyl, but how about not involving the rest of us.

• Like 3

Reading through this thread has caused me to re-live the many inconsiderate acts of people who cannot walk or drive. What ever happened to people who are paying attention to what they are doing. I drive about 75 miles per day 5 days per week and not a day goes by that someone doesn't try to run over me. My favorite handicap is the ADD people at 4Way stops who cannot stay focused long enough to remember who's turn it is to go

On 7/13/2022 at 4:22 PM, ArmyBrat61 said:

People that habitually show up 15 minutes late for shift work. I hate having to wait for slackers that have no consideration for others that have worked their shift and want to go home, yet expect me to relieve them 10 minutes early! Selfish bastiges!聽馃が

Im a supervisor at a boat factory and we have a simple solution for that. If you are late for your shift then you get a half point. If uou start at 630 I expect you to be in my startup meeting at 630. Miss a full day and its 1 point. 4 points is a warning, 5 points is a final warning which means no promotion, raises or moving to other departments for a year. 6 point is termination, no questions asked. It can seem harsh but its fair.聽

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Spots said:

Im a supervisor at a boat factory and we have a simple solution for that. If you are late for your shift then you get a half point. If uou start at 630 I expect you to be in my startup meeting at 630. Miss a full day and its 1 point. 4 points is a warning, 5 points is a final warning which means no promotion, raises or moving to other departments for a year. 6 point is termination, no questions asked. It can seem harsh but its fair.聽

Somewhat similar for the hourly folks where I work. Except they can buy back their half point for being late by bringing biscuits for everyone in their group... about 30 people.聽

2 hours ago, Garufa said:

People who back into parking spaces. 聽Especially those in ridiculously huge pickups they can鈥檛 even drive forward to begin with.

Well, statistically, you are less likely to have an accident backing into a parking spot than backing out of a parking spot. And before you fuss that it takes more time to back in than pull in forward, that may be true, but leaving it quicker. I think folks often get mad a people backing in because they either don鈥檛 want to wait, or they are in a hurry and 聽dot realize what the person is doing and are following too close.聽

• Like 2
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Modify your behavior for the betterment of society and patience. 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

It鈥檚 easier to back into a spot than to back out of one. Also, it鈥檚 habit as most of my parking is in truck much, much larger and you always back those in.聽

• Like 1
On 7/15/2022 at 6:53 PM, Garufa said:

People who back into parking spaces. 聽Especially those in ridiculously huge pickups they can鈥檛 even drive forward to begin with.

Well you lump all of us into one pile, thanks.馃ぃ

On 7/15/2022 at 9:05 PM, Snaveba said:

Well, statistically, you are less likely to have an accident backing into a parking spot than backing out of a parking spot. And before you fuss that it takes more time to back in than pull in forward, that may be true, but leaving it quicker. I think folks often get mad a people backing in because they either don鈥檛 want to wait, or they are in a hurry and 聽dot realize what the person is doing and are following too close.聽

We are trained to back in, and you can not see if a person is behind you when backing out. I try to "pull through" before I back in, even park further out into the lot to avoid any issues.

• Like 2
On 7/15/2022 at 6:53 PM, Garufa said:

Sorry, I'm going to keep backing in.聽 I have a couple of reasons for doing so.聽聽

1) There is less likelihood of backing into something while backing into an open space than there is backing into a parking lot where people are walking and cars are going by.聽 (I also don't assume that any of those people are paying attention for chit).聽 Plus if taller vehicles are parked next to me I can't see if traffic is coming when I back out of the space.聽

2) Parking spaces are getting smaller than they used to be and a lot of vehicles are getting larger.聽 I can't see the lines on either side pulling in, so I'm guessing.聽 If I back in I can see the lines in my mirrors so I can center my vehicle in the space so that I'm not parked on or over the line because people that can't get their vehicle in a single space are one of my peeves.聽

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2