Pet Peeves

On 7/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, Snaveba said:

The driver that will pace with you. They are going 75 or so. I pass them and they speed up and pace me. I keep going faster and they pace me. Then I pull over to let them pass and they slow down as soon as the get ahead of me. So I pass them again and they speed up again. Drives me crazy. Usually if you hold it at 95 for 5-10 miles, they give up. 

So a story I just remembered (and a cautionary tale). This happened to me one time in KY. It was a little rainy and they guy kept doing it. He would slow down and the speed up as I spend up. I finally got pissed and floored it. Ding!  Lights go on behind me. It was some detective in an unmarked sedan. I pull over and this guy in a shirt and tie come up and gets mad at me and asked what I was doing. I told him and he admitted he was F-ing with me. He said something about how they don’t put with that in KY, then got back in his car and left. 

Edited by Snaveba

People who say things such as “Me and John went to the store” instead of, “John and I went to the store.”  It is like hearing someone say, “Me posted to this pet peeve discussion.”

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, DHF said:

People who say things such as “Me and John went to the store” instead of, “John and I went to the store.”  It is like hearing someone say, “Me posted to this pet peeve discussion.”

seen them at the store. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

- People who don’t use turn signals.

- People who think anybody cares that you don’t like Glock, sig, Taurus, tactical leverguns, etc…If someone specifically asks your opinion than freely give it. If they say, I really like my (insert whatever) and somebody comes out of left field to say, “well the grip angle”, or “that Tupperware gun won’t last”, or “back in my day” you are immediately getting tuned out. It would be like you marrying a blonde with big tits, and instead of me being happy for you that you have found what makes you happy I say, “well she’d be a lot better if she was a brunette with a big ass”. It’s weird, and rude.

- Gun guys that open carry into awkward places for the sole purpose of making people uncomfortable or to troll for a reaction, while crying “because I can”.

- People who don’t put up their shopping carts.

- People who call 911 for an ambulance ride to the hospital (for some non emergency BS) because they think it gets them to the front of the line at the ER. Typically people that aren’t paying for their own healthcare, thereby jacking up the cost of it for everyone else.

- People who use abortion as a form of birth control.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

- People who don’t use turn signals.

- People who think anybody cares that you don’t like Glock, sig, Taurus, tactical leverguns, etc…If someone specifically asks your opinion than freely give it. If they say, I really like my (insert whatever) and somebody comes out of left field to say, “well the grip angle”, or “that Tupperware gun won’t last”, or “back in my day” you are immediately getting tuned out. It would be like you marrying a blonde with big tits, and instead of me being happy for you that you have found what makes you happy I say, “well she’d be a lot better if she was a brunette with a big ass”. It’s weird, and rude.

- Gun guys that open carry into awkward places for the sole purpose of making people uncomfortable or to troll for a reaction, while crying “because I can”.

- People who don’t put up their shopping carts.

- People who call 911 for an ambulance ride to the hospital (for some non emergency BS) because they think it gets them to the front of the line at the ER. Typically people that aren’t paying for their own healthcare, thereby jacking up the cost of it for everyone else.

- People who use abortion as a form of birth control.

I believe we all can agree on these!

Edited by RED333
Because I can
2 hours ago, RED333 said:

I believe we all can agree on these!

Except the tactical lever guns part.  I question the judgement of anyone who desires to own one of those.  Lever guns shall be built the way God intended, from wood and blued steel, although stainless is occasionally acceptable.  😏

2 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

Except the tactical lever guns part.  I question the judgement of anyone who desires to own one of those.  Lever guns shall be built the way God intended, from wood and blued steel, although stainless is occasionally acceptable.  😏

What about brass?

1 hour ago, 10-Ring said:

Woah, calm down sir, next you’ll be saying that only women can birth babies.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, 10-Ring said:

Coming from a guy with a sporterized Mosin Nagant.  I feel the same way about Milsurp guns.  Leave them the way God intended and stop putting them in Tapco stocks.  😂  Everything else is fine.  Like what you like.  

1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

So it was wrong to blast and cerakote my 1941 US Issue 1911 pink digicam? 

Friend of mine has a 1917 manufacture Colt 1911 stamped "property of US govt" that some dummy chrome plated. 

1 hour ago, Burnman5000 said:

Coming from a guy with a sporterized Mosin Nagant.  I feel the same way about Milsurp guns.  Leave them the way God intended and stop putting them in Tapco stocks.  😂  Everything else is fine.  Like what you like.  

Listen, that stock was free and no one cares about Mosins.  

25 minutes ago, RED333 said:

People that think I have to give up my FREEDOM so they can feel better of safer!

And we have a winner.  I quess we should have started a pool so there was a prize.