Biden has Covid

1 hour ago, Links2k said:

Covid and other made up age related illnesses may cause him to step down. That’s just my tin foil hat thinking. I’ve believed this since Joe chose Mrs. Harris to run with him. Combined with terrible poll numbers and losing millennials and minorities the dems can’t afford to keep Joe around, especially in 2024. 

Interesting theory, sir. I guess we’ll see how it plays out shortly. I certainly wouldn’t make an attempt to dispute it. At this point, who knows what the hell is about to take place??!!??

• Like 2
2 hours ago, deerslayer said:

But will Harris be an improvement for them?  Her approval numbers are often even lower than Biden's.  

I don’t think anything can help the dems at this point. 2020 was all about getting rid of the tweets. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Links2k said:

Covid and other made up age related illnesses may cause him to step down. That’s just my tin foil hat thinking. I’ve believed this since Joe chose Mrs. Harris to run with him. Combined with terrible poll numbers and losing millennials and minorities the dems can’t afford to keep Joe around, especially in 2024. 

Not saying I subscribe to it, but there was a conspiracy theory before the 2020 election that Joe would only serve a little over two years and for whatever reason Harris would become President. That way Harris would serve out his term and still be eligible to serve two more full terms. 

She may not be making much noise as VP, but Harris is a full blown libitard and would be an absolute nightmare as President. 

BTW: speculation already is that Joe won't run for re-election in 2024 due to age and health. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Well, they’re gone. Now what?😟

You have no idea how important that was to so many of your fellow Americans. What comes next is we just keep putting one boot in front of the other. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I know there are several Covid experts on the forum. Perhaps you could clear this up for me. How does one have a virus, then doesn’t have a virus, then a few days later, have the same virus again?

I'm not a virologist nor did I stay at a holiday Inn express last night, but here's my swag at it.....  

1) The test isn't especially accurate for a variety of reasons.  I've seen accuracy numbers from the mid 60% up to 90%.  From a statistical data analysis perspective, even 90% is really bad. No reasonable statistician would use test data at less than 99.5% accuracy. 

2) Because having the virus and having symptoms are two different things. You and I might test positive for measles and polio today, but we have no symptoms because our immune system is successfully fighting it off. 

That said, it seems the human immune system doesn't work exactly how we thought or have been told. Perhaps how this virus is running isn't a surprise to someone more educated in such things.  I would be utterly shocked [#sarcasm] to learn that we've been given an oversimplified explanation all these years to placate us.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Links2k said:

You have no idea how important that was to so many of your fellow Americans. What comes next is we just keep putting one boot in front of the other. 

No no no. We have to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps. 🙂

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, peejman said:

I'm not a virologist nor did I stay at a holiday Inn express last night, but here's my swag at it.....  

1) The test isn't especially accurate for a variety of reasons.  I've seen accuracy numbers from the mid 60% up to 90%.  From a statistical data analysis perspective, even 90% is really bad. No reasonable statistician would use test data at less than 99.5% accuracy. 

2) Because having the virus and having symptoms are two different things. You and I might test positive for measles and polio today, but we have no symptoms because our immune system is successfully fighting it off. 

That said, it seems the human immune system doesn't work exactly how we thought or have been told. Perhaps how this virus is running isn't a surprise to someone more educated in such things.  I would be utterly shocked [#sarcasm] to learn that we've been given an oversimplified explanation all these years to placate us.

We're talking about the President of the United States here.  So there is little room to doubt or uncertainty that the technology used for his tests was the best possible option out there. I would make a pretty good assumption his tests were close to 100% accurate and confirmed multiple times.

So that being said, one of two things have happened.  
1) They lied to us about his negative test because he was showing less symptons and wanted to put up a positive image

or 

2) See # 1.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Hozzie said:

We're talking about the President of the United States here.  So there is little room to doubt or uncertainty that the technology used for his tests was the best possible option out there. I would make a pretty good assumption his tests were close to 100% accurate and confirmed multiple times.

So that being said, one of two things have happened.  
1) They lied to us about his negative test because he was showing less symptons and wanted to put up a positive image

or 

2) See # 1.

I don't doubt that the technology used was the best possible option.  That doesn't mean the best possible option is any good. 

I'll add that many people who've experienced this latest round (me included) have noted that it came, went, and came back before it it was gone. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Links2k said:

You have no idea how important that was to so many of your fellow Americans.

The comical part is that if the J6 loons shoot themselves in the foot and succeed in keeping Trump from running, a Desantis administration will do far more damage to their causes and agendas.  They apparently can’t see the forest for the trees.  

11 minutes ago, peejman said:

I don't doubt that the technology used was the best possible option.  That doesn't mean the best possible option is any good. 

I'll add that many people who've experienced this latest round (me included) have noted that it came, went, and came back before it it was gone. 

My father had the same experience as you and Biden. Doesn’t make sense to me.

1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

The comical part is that if the J6 loons shoot themselves in the foot and succeed in keeping Trump from running, a Desantis administration will do far more damage to their causes and agendas.  They apparently can’t see the forest for the trees.  

Everyone who follows politics knows that Desantis is just as bad as TFG.  That’s more of a Republican problem. Just like the dems are filled with loons, so are the republicans.  I don’t know why people keep having any expectations from any of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I washed my hands of both parties long ago. Both have gone completely off the rails and headed into crazy town. Both have become insane extremists who won't even discuss other options. 

I am a conservative and nothing more. I usually end up voting Republican simply because its the lesser of two evils. But its still evil. I hate what politics in this country has become. 💩

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Links2k said:

Everyone who follows politics knows that Desantis is just as bad as TFG.  That’s more of a Republican problem. Just like the dems are filled with loons, so are the republicans.  I don’t know why people keep having any expectations from any of them. 

I disagree.  Desantis is Trump minus skeletons, baggage, twitter, thin skin, drama, bloviation, and BS investigations.  And supposedly has a net worth of $300k.  Trump is a much easier target. 

Edited by deerslayer
11 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I disagree.  Desantis is Trump minus skeletons, baggage, twitter, thin skin, drama, bloviation, and BS investigations.  Trump is a much easier target. 

They made up Russiagate, with no evidence whatsoever, what makes you think they won't do the same with Desantis?  The media should be all over the Bidens, yet crickets, and you know darn well there is evidence there, and lots of it.

• Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Omega said:

They made up Russiagate, with no evidence whatsoever, what makes you think they won't do the same with Desantis?  The media should be all over the Bidens, yet crickets, and you know darn well there is evidence there, and lots of it.

Because Trump’s worst enemy was Trump. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Because Trump’s worst enemy was Trump. 

No, it was over sensitive nevertrumpers and RINOs (some one in the same).  Which even after all the BS the last two years, refuse to admit we were better off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Omega said:

No, it was over sensitive nevertrumpers and RINOs (some one in the same).  Which even after all the BS the last two years, refuse to admit we were better off.

They were certainly part of the problem, but Trump helped them with his bullheadedness and flamboyance.  

The point I was trying to make earlier is that Dems are dumb to go after Trump if they are serious about winning in 2024.  If Trump doesn't run, Desantis is the obvious nominee and he will be harder to beat than Trump.  Dems' odds are not great for 2024, but are better if Trump runs.  

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

They were certainly part of the problem, but Trump helped them with his bullheadedness and flamboyance.  

The point I was trying to make earlier is that Dems are dumb to go after Trump if they are serious about winning in 2024.  If Trump doesn't run, Desantis is the obvious nominee and he will be harder to beat than Trump.  Dems' odds are not great for 2024, but are better if Trump runs.  

I disagree, Trump still draws thousands to any rally or gathering he attends.  There are millions more who would vote for trump than there are who would vote against him, there were in 20' and there will be in 24'

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I've talked to a lot of Trump voters that do not want him to run again. He'll be almost 80 by then too. He and Biden need to ride off into the sunset. Well maybe not ride, but hobble. 

Meh, as long as his mind is sharp, and his health holds he can do 4 years.   

Take a look at our "Leadership", if any needs to ride off it's them.

List of current United States Senators by age - Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

Trump or Desantis? Really? That's all we got to pick from? Frankly, I can't stand either one of them. Once again picking the lesser evil. I really wish a good candidate would run. But who might that be? 

Pence has already started campaigning iirc

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Omega said:

Pence who?  Really doubt he gets much support after failing us at a critical moment.

Failed who?  He did what he was supposed to do which was certifying the election, not challenging it.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 6