Canik

P_Taylor

The prices on the Caniks have been steadily going up, since they were first introduced.  Used to be you could buy one for under $300, but I've noticed that price has risen to around $500 or more. And they are adding some good options now, like a RDS. I've been interested in the Caniks for sometime now, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Turkish arms seems to have taken a good foot hold in the U.S.  I currently have two Turkish made clones. One is the SDS U.S. Army 1911a1 and the other is a Tisas Fatih 13, a Beretta 81 clone. I like them both!  I am also considering a Girsan MC312 shotgun and a M35 (Hi-Power clone), if I can find one.

1 hour ago, scatman said:

That, I have not seen yet, but IMO these are more reliable than the Taurus G series I see a lot of people carry.

I have a G2 that's been reliable too, but it's house gun for my youngest.

9 hours ago, scatman said:

Key words there, "house gun."

Oh I wouldn’t hesitate to carry it. I just have others I like better. I’m not a Taurus snob. I hike with a 627 Tracker .357. The ones I’ve had, have been good guns. This is my second G2.

I also have TX22 that a blast to shoot! 🙂

Edited by Moped
  • Like 3

had a TPSFX a while back and it was a dream to shoot just didn't really fill any holes in my collection so let it go.  I wouldn't hesitate to pick up one of the new models.  I know mags have been tough to come by lately for them.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:54 PM, Moped said:

Oh I wouldn’t hesitate to carry it. I just have others I like better. I’m not a Taurus snob. I hike with a 627 Tracker .357. The ones I’ve had, have been good guns. This is my second G2.

I also have TX22 that a blast to shoot! 🙂

I agree the Taurus tx. Is great mine is a tack driver shoots with my ruger mark 4. But picky on ammo.   

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

I agree the Taurus tx. Is great mine is a tack driver shoots with my ruger mark 4. But picky on ammo.   

Haven’t found mine to be picky, but I’ve only put Federal Auto Match, Punch (which it LOVES) and some old Olin White Box.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Pups37110 said:

I occasionally carry the SC. Reliable but is a bit chonky.

I have the Taurus standard tx22 as well as the competition model. The standard is my favorite pistol, fun and only 2 malfunctions in over 2000 rounds. 

What brand ammo are you using  feeding it. CCI is getting expensive   I 

Edited by Sleep profit
3 hours ago, Snaveba said:

I have one. Shoots fine. I like having a variety of makes and models.

I “might” even get a Glock one day. 

As someone who personally didnt care for glocks for the longest time, you'll find there's 6 sitting amongst my collection. I am not a fanboy by any means, but do appreciate a good shooter. My collection holds a Glock 19 gen 3 and gen 5, as well as a 19x, a gen4 21, 41, and a 40.

Edited by scatman

Oh I’m sure I will end up with at least one. I like having a variety. I suppose it might be that fact that Glocks can be such “fan-boy” pistols that is the turn off to me (which Is actually a rather stupid reason to dislike them). 

if the right MOS version pops up when I have cash, one will likely end up in rotation.