VOTE in the primary election.

I went and early voted today. This has become a habit for me as I find it physically uncomfortable to deal with crowds and long lines. 

The up coming Aug 4th election is both a primary and in many counties a general election. I feel its more important to vote in the primaries than it is to vote in the General Election come fall. Let's face it, in the general election most of us will simply vote for the candidate with a "R" or "D" by their name. By voting in the primary election you have a much better chance of getting a qualified candidate for the general election. I truly believe that the current crop of idiots and clowns in Congress these days is the result of people not voting in primaries. The wrong people end up winning and we suffer for it. 

• Like 5

Wife and I both early voted last week mainly because since they changed the polling place around the early voting place is closer than our new regular voting place. Old place was only 3 miles away and covered a small enough area that 6 people in line was a crowd. I stick the "I Voted" stickers on my gun safe to remind me why it is important to vote.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

If you live in Shelby County and don't do anything else, go vote for Amy Weirich for DA.  Her opponent is a full-retard wokist and wants Memphis to be the next San Fransisco.  

Boy you weren't kidding. Her opponent sounds like a real class act 😡

The DA race in Shelby County is the hot item in this year's election. Mulroy is a hard core leftist. Wants to defund police, end bail,  light sentences, etc.  In the past he sued the Sheriff's dept to try to force the release of prisoners. The full liberal wish list. 💩  If nothing else, here's THE reason to get out and vote.  🤬

Yes, I voted for Weirich. 👍

20 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

The DA race in Shelby County is the hot item in this year's election. Mulroy is a hard core leftist. Wants to defund police, end bail,  light sentences, etc.  In the past he sued the Sheriff's dept to try to force the release of prisoners. The full liberal wish list. 💩  If nothing else, here's THE reason to get out and vote.  🤬

Yes, I voted for Weirich. 👍

...and raise the age to be tried as an adult to 25.  Yeah, that's a great idea.  Let's let 23 year old murderers off with a slap on the wrist and a basically clean record in two years.  The bad part is this guy may win.  Weirich had some BS racial disparity claims made against her and that's all that matters to some around here.  

Edited by deerslayer

Do the various TN counties print a voters' guide?  I moved here a few years ago from WA, and one of the few things I miss is getting a pamphlet in the mail at election time in which the candidates offered up a statement and people pro and con of ballot issues were able to offer up statements.

Being pretty new here I really don't know much about the various local candidates, and it would be nice to have some information to go by.

I voted soon after it started, most of my choices were mostly for judges to keep their jobs.  I always vote in any election, local or national, but it is difficult to get through the weeds as they all state what they think we want to hear and then act all RINO when they get elected.  We definitely need organizations that can research the candidates and give us the real and unbiased info we need to make better choices.

20 hours ago, Darrell said:

Do the various TN counties print a voters' guide?  I moved here a few years ago from WA, and one of the few things I miss is getting a pamphlet in the mail at election time in which the candidates offered up a statement and people pro and con of ballot issues were able to offer up statements.

Being pretty new here I really don't know much about the various local candidates, and it would be nice to have some information to go by.

I usually search <county name> TN Elections and I usually find the county website that has a sample ballot. I use that to research candidates, and make my selection before I go in to vote.

One of my biggest peeves is people who have no idea who they are voting for, getting to the polls, and picking random candidates. That is insanely irresponsible and they may as well just stay home and let the people who actually care, go vote. At the very least, just skip over whatever sections you don't have an idea about. You don't have to cast a vote for every single section.

Are you in Morgan County? if so, here is their website with a .pdf sample ballot:    https://morganelections.com/ 

• Like 1
On 7/31/2022 at 10:25 AM, analog_kidd said:

I usually search <county name> TN Elections and I usually find the county website that has a sample ballot. I use that to research candidates, and make my selection before I go in to vote.

One of my biggest peeves is people who have no idea who they are voting for, getting to the polls, and picking random candidates. That is insanely irresponsible and they may as well just stay home and let the people who actually care, go vote. At the very least, just skip over whatever sections you don't have an idea about. You don't have to cast a vote for every single section.

Are you in Morgan County? if so, here is their website with a .pdf sample ballot:    https://morganelections.com/ 

Oops!  Quoted the wrong post... Sorry about that! 🙂 

Edited by Moped
22 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Well the woke guy won the DA race and the lockdown guy won the mayor’s race.  I wonder how long it will be before Theft <$1000 will no longer be prosecuted.  

Give it a couple of years and they might recall that DA like SF did.  Once crime starts getting out of hand, people wise up.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Moped said:

Give it a couple of years and they might recall that DA like SF did.  Once crime starts getting out of hand, people wise up.

We're talking about Memphis here.  It's already ranked in the top 5 most dangerous cities in the USA.  Add a "woke" DA and who knows.... 

8 hours ago, Moped said:

Uh, crime is already out of hand there.  It is everywhere else but it does seem to be especially acute in Memphis/Shelby County.  If you haven’t had something stolen, jacked, witnessed an offense firsthand or seen the aftermath of a crime you have no idea what it is like.

I’m quite certain there is no recall allowed anywhere in Tennessee.

• Like 1

We might be next door to memphis, but my little town has a reputation for having an outstanding Police Dept. The bad guys know this and we're generally pretty quiet. Gonna be interesting to see what happens with a soft on crime County DA. I'm betting it won't be good. 🤬

Harris is a more or less do nothing County Mayor. He hasn't accomplished much, but OTOH he hasn't messed much up either. As long as he continues down that path, I'm not too concerned about him. 

• Like 1