2022 Season College Football Thread!

7 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Reports say that Hooker has torn ACL. 

Hendon Hooker out for season with torn ACL | wbir.com

It's what I expected, when I saw him go down.  The mechanism was the classic scenario for an ACL injury ...

4 hours ago, gregintenn said:

It seems like that should be good news since Vandy plays them Saturday, but man I hate that! I sure hope he still has a bright future in the NFL. He had one helluva season.

True.  I spent more than 30 years coaching high schoolers, and saw more than my share of injuries.  You always hated it for the kids ...

• Like 1

To be honest , I was expecting a better showing from Vandy. One of the many reasons I don't bet on sports . Vandy just could never keep a drive going. Going for it on 4th down early in the game , deep in your own territory kinda set the tone.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

To be honest , I was expecting a better showing from Vandy.

I was too, but then again I never give them any respect.  They often do strange things.  Maybe they couldn’t handle the rain or a full stadium.  Either way, I don’t care…I’m VFL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Ohio State - still think they are the best of the one loss teams. 

Only if USC loses their conference championship game, in which they will be favored by at least a TD.  I'm sometimes baffled by what the selection committee does, but I don't see Ohio St. in the CFP even if Michigan loses to Purdue next weekend.  More likely that Ohio St. will go to the Rose Bowl, in my opinion.  

Edited by Darrell
8 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I think it it will be 

Georgia

Michigan

TCU

Ohio State - still think they are the best of the one loss teams. 

I agree with this. It doesn't make sense to allow a two loss team in when these teams have 0-1. Had TN not got blown out by South Carolina I would have argued they deserve to be in over Ohio State. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Darrell said:

Only if USC loses their conference championship game, in which they will be favored by at least a TD.  I'm sometimes baffled by what the selection committee does, but I don't see Ohio St. in the CFP even if Michigan loses to Purdue next weekend.  More likely that Ohio St. will go to the Rose Bowl, in my opinion.  

Very likely. You never know what the committee considers important when they are making their rankings. 

24 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

I hope the Mighty Hornfrogs get in there not in the hunt every year like some teams I like underdogs  However if the Vols where in it I would pull for them VFL 

I hope we get in the playoffs. 
I know the first game we play will be really tough since we are a smaller school but I at least want the chance. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, KahrMan said:

You never know what the committee considers important

I'm a bit puzzled at the way the Pac12 decided who would be in the championship game, too. USC finished 11-1, with the best record in the conference. The Huskies finished 10-2, with Utah and Whoregon finishing 9-3.  But Utah is going to the championship game. UW, Utah, and Whoregon were each 8-2 in conference play, and that was what was used to determine which team faces SC. All three teams remained tied through 3 tiebreakers, but the fourth considered strength of schedule, and Utah was a smidge better there. SO much of college football rankings and bowl selections are subjective.....