2022 Season College Football Thread!

10 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Don’t know what happened to my Frogs. We have put up a lot of points this year. We can’t move the ball at all. Georgia has been impressive. 

TCU has very few players who would see the field on Georgia's team.  It's a physical mismatch ...

• Like 2

Oregon put up a LOT of points all season long, but only scored one field goal against UGA in the first game of the season. That defense is solid.  Much as it pains me to say so, I now think that Alabama would have done better in the CFP than TCU , Michigan, or OSU. I'm no Alabama fan, but I think they would have played a lot closer to UGA.

I'm very pleased that my Washington Huskies finished the year 11-2 with a final ranking of 8. That's the best season they've had since 2016.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Don’t know what happened to my Frogs. We have put up a lot of points this year. We can’t move the ball at all. Georgia has been impressive. 

Turnovers absolutely killed them in the first half. Their defense simply couldn't stop Georgia. 

They picked a really bad night to have a really bad night. They are a much better team than what showed up yesterday.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, bubbadavis said:

Turnovers absolutely killed them in the first half. Their defense simply couldn't stop Georgia. 

They picked a really bad night to have a really bad night. They are a much better team than what showed up yesterday.  

It wasn't just turnovers though. Georgia dominated both offensively and defensively. I hate it for TCU. I was pulling for the underdog. 

Screenshot_20230110-081335-335.png

• Like 1

Painful to watch the beat down Georgia gave The Horned Frogs but proud of how far that underdog of a team made it this year. I agree with earlier post that Alabama should have been in the mix if we were looking for a competitive matchup. The SEC is just on another level. On the plus side, the two playoff games were off the chart close & exciting so we got two great games out of three; that's not too bad.

11 hours ago, Frog4aday said:

On the plus side, the two playoff games were off the chart close & exciting so we got two great games out of three; that's not too bad.

This is a great point.  We had to epic playoff games back to back.  The entertainment value of NYE was amazing.  The whole college season was a resounding success as well.

It was a bit disappointing to anyone not a Georgia fan because the championship wasn't good TV, but that was a blip otherwise phenomenal season we should appreciate.

• Like 2