Motel 6 in Memphis Raided by Gunman, 1 killed

Moped

That wasn’t a raid, that was a hit. The term raid makes the reader think they were targeting the hotel (intentional?) but reading the article, they shot the guy and just left. 

Classic hit. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 5

This is where I-40 enters Memphis proper. There are several cheap motels located there.  Long suspected to be a popular un-loading zone for drugs entering the city and various deals by unscrupulous characters. From the description, my guess is that a planned meet turned into an ambush. Gang bangers killing each other. 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 4

Sounds more like they are there to eliminate competition. The dead guy was probably a Mule that was bringing in a competitors drugs and they sent a message that the area already had a business operating there and new business was being discouraged! 

Welcome to Memphis!!!!!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm curious as to if any drugs or large amounts of cash were found on the victim. 

If the dead guy was just a Mule he probably had got rid of his load and seldom does a Mule handle the money so there most likely was none found at the scene....JMHO

The Sycamore View exit on I-40 is kind of unique. Its the last exit headed west into Memphis before hitting the I-40/240 interchange and the heavy traffic.  Very easy access both off and on to the Interstate. Sycamore View is a heavily traveled street providing main access to both East Memphis and Bartlett. Lots of easy access to large, nondescript parking lots and motels.  Frankly, if you're from out of town and looking to conduct nefarious business in Memphis, this exit makes the ideal place to hop off the interstate, do your thing, hop back on I-40 and be gone quickly. 

Likewise, as a very busy intersection, its quite popular with the homeless/ pandering crowd. They inhabit every corner of the intersection and ramps there. Its a rather colorful area. 🙄 

• Like 1

No one but drug dealers, pimps and whores go to that place. It was definitely a hit. 

Even though I can’t tell by the pictures, the Draco and AR pistols are the preferred weapon of Memphis trouble makers. The second option is the Glock19 with 30 round mags. It’s tough out here. Can’t ride around with level 3 body armor on every day. 

When I first started trading guns I would do it in the Bass  Pro parking lot because MPD had a camera there. If I’m seen over there now I’ve been taken hostage. Please call for help. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Links2k said:

No one but drug dealers, pimps and whores go to that place. It was definitely a hit. 

Even though I can’t tell by the pictures, the Draco and AR pistols are the preferred weapon of Memphis trouble makers. The second option is the Glock19 with 30 round mags. It’s tough out here. Can’t ride around with level 3 body armor on every day. 

When I first started trading guns I would do it in the Bass  Pro parking lot because MPD had a camera there. If I’m seen over there now I’ve been taken hostage. Please call for help. 

Ha, if any one of us is there to see it, we are probably involved 🤣

• Haha 3

That motel 6 needs to turn it's lights off, drugs are the death of this country. This type of crap goes on daily here and around the country. Of course they will focus on the weapons they used and forget about the murder, just more fuel on the 🔥 

Edited by DJTC45
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I did some checking of the local news outlets and it appears that only Channel 5 thought this story was worthy of reporting. Just another day in Memphis. 🙄

3 and 24 has the story  on their websites

1 hour ago, ou812 said:

Wasn't this the exit, that one of the  road rage incidents happen   where someone shot the car up with 40 or 50 so rounds

Might be. I don't recall as there's lots of road rage shootings in Memphis. Hard to remember one specific incident.  However, those incidents seem to be more prevalent over on HWY 385. Another good place to avoid. 🙄

20 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Might be. I don't recall as there's lots of road rage shootings in Memphis. Hard to remember one specific incident.  However, those incidents seem to be more prevalent over on HWY 385. Another good place to avoid. 🙄

We call it Nonconnahbahn. 
If you’re driving less than 75mph someone in a Hellcat, Camaro or Mustang is going to pass you and fire off a few warning shots for you to move over. 😂

The Infinity drivers are the worst. They crash into you then shoot at you just for sh*ts and giggles. 

Edited by Links2k
  • Haha 3
  • Moderators
42 minutes ago, Links2k said:

We call it Nonconnahbahn. 
If you’re driving less than 75mph someone in a Hellcat, Camaro or Mustang is going to pass you and fire off a few warning shots for you to move over. 😂

The Infinity drivers are the worst. They crash into you then shoot at you just for sh*ts and giggles. 

Yeah, gotta watch out for them finfins and Altimas. 

• Haha 2

Pro tip for driving to Memphis from the east if you’re not in the know:  When you cross the Shelby county line go on alert but the drive from Jackson should already prepare you for that.  Once you get around Wolfchase/Germantown road  start clenching your sphincter.  Pray, then proceed directly to Sam Cooper Blvd.  Continue to raise up prayers and cuss your existence then exit as quick as you can.  Go south then hang a right on the first or second major street to go west.  At this point you can get to where the good stuff is, but only have to deal with 2 or 3 lanes of maniacs going in the same direction…mostly.  😆

And don’t ever stay at a hotel next to the interstate.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1