Motel 6 in Memphis Raided by Gunman, 1 killed

Moped

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

The woke windowlicker that was just elected as DA will probably makes things even worse.  

I’m gonna go against the orthodoxy here and say that she needed to go. Even though the new guy will be measurably worse, she needed to go. The truth is that she wasn’t going to be replaced by better. The city had to get worse before they could understand why they needed to choose better.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’m gonna go against the orthodoxy here and say that she needed to go. Even though the new guy will be measurably worse, she needed to go. The truth is that she wasn’t going to be replaced by better. The city had to get worse before they could understand why they needed to choose better.

I agree she needed to go, but I suspect for different reasons.  She was sometimes quite unfriendly to law enforcement.  I get the “has to get worse before it gets better” mentality, but there may be nothing left when we get finished getting worse.  I don’t think the typical Memphian will ever come around to your “choose better” option.

Someday I will escape from Shelby County.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
41 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I just hope the contributing "woke" making it worse will migrate westward and NOT eastward. We got enough woketard here in the far east to deal with.

I’ve been doing a pretty damn good job of telling folks how horrid west TN is I think. The New Englanders move to East TN and the Californians move to Nashville. Both groups leave Memphis and the surrounding areas alone for the most part. If Memphis continuing to Memphis is what it takes to keep those folks out of Crockett/Haywood/Madison then that is a sacrifice I am willing to make. 

lord farquaad shrek GIF

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’ve been doing a pretty damn good job of telling folks how horrid west TN is I think. The New Englanders move to East TN and the Californians move to Nashville. Both groups leave Memphis and the surrounding areas alone for the most part. If Memphis continuing to Memphis is what it takes to keep those folks out of Crockett/Haywood/Madison then that is a sacrifice I am willing to make. 

lord farquaad shrek GIF

Lol, how much worst can Memphis get by having more blue voters move in?  Same with Nashville, it is getting flooded by those leaving the s-hole places and further entrenching the Dems that keep getting voted into office, it is definitely not making it "worse", it is already there.  

• Thanks 1
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Omega said:

Lol, how much worst can Memphis get by having more blue voters move in?  Same with Nashville, it is getting flooded by those leaving the s-hole places and further entrenching the Dems that keep getting voted into office, it is definitely not making it "worse", it is already there.  

Because they ain’t gonna move into Memphis proper. They’re gonna move in the suburbs and exurbs and screw up where I actually live and drive up property values even more than the fleeing Shelby County natives already have pricing all of us out of being able to afford a home. 

13 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

lord farquaad shrek GIF

Gee THANKS Chuck! 😄

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Omega said:

The data I saw for 2021 shows that most people moving to TN are 65 or older. I don't think we're being flooded with as many liberals as people claim. Most major cities in the US are liberal so that isn't unique to Nashville. Tennessee is still a solidly conservative state. Trump won TN with 60% of the vote which was only lower than 9 other states. 

A lot of people moving here are doing so because they like the politics. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Omega said:

Memphis can actually get quite a bit worse.  They are already short 400-500 police officers and a woke DA who supports reclassifying juveniles as anyone under 26 is not going to help retain what officers are still there.  Sycamore View/Macon Rd may get even more interesting.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Memphis can actually get quite a bit worse.  They are already short 400-500 police officers and a woke DA who supports reclassifying juveniles as anyone under 26 is not going to help retain what officers are still there.  Sycamore View/Macon Rd may get even more interesting.  

2dOtpgJ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, deerslayer said:

The woke windowlicker that was just elected as DA will probably makes things even worse.  

2 hours ago, deerslayer said:

He can’t fix things by himself. There are many decades of issues that need to be addressed to correct the problem. Sadly I don’t believe anyone is willing to put in the work, and things will get worse.  
I’m taking my woke agenda to infect another red state.  It will be funny to hear the residents saying those damned Tennesseans  are ruining everything with their liberal agenda. 😂

Seriously guys, things are going to continue to deteriorate in this country until we stop being suckers for politicians and corporations. Do you think they wake up angry everyday, b*tch on the internet, get riled up by the news, drink a fifth of whiskey, go to bed, then rinse and repeat?

Hell no! They are enjoying all of the things they tell you are being taken from you. Meanwhile you’re a puppet for the machine. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, Links2k said:

He can’t fix things by himself. There are many decades of issues that need to be addressed to correct the problem. Sadly I don’t believe anyone is willing to put in the work, and things will get worse.  
I’m taking my woke agenda to infect another red state.  It will be funny to hear the residents saying those damned Tennesseans  are ruining everything with their liberal agenda. 😂

Seriously guys, things are going to continue to deteriorate in this country until we stop being suckers for politicians and corporations. Do you think they wake up angry everyday, b*tch on the internet, get riled up by the news, drink a fifth of whiskey, go to bed, then rinse and repeat?

Hell no! They are enjoying all of the things they tell you are being taken from you. Meanwhile you’re a puppet for the machine. 

This could not be more true. If you want a glimpse of how "out of touch" even your local Joe Schmoe county commission can be I encourage you to go sit in on a couple of their meetings. In recent years, at least here in my county, its turned into what I can only describe as "the cool table" in high school where we show up, stroke our peepees and crow about my latest fantasy league picks to each other. And the amount of money spent on stupid sh!t baffles me.

Edited by FUJIMO
typo
  • Like 3
38 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

LOL 

Memphis......

Everyone's a bad ass until they have to ride through the bad areas of Memphis. 

Work used to occasionally require me to ride around in the lousiest neighborhoods Memphis has to offer.  It did not require me to do so in a red Miata with the top down blaring Leonard Skynard, but I did it anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

lord farquaad shrek GIF

I love West Tennessee....well, most of it anyway.🤣

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Work used to occasionally require me to ride around in the lousiest neighborhoods Memphis has to offer.  It did not require me to do so in a red Miata with the top down blaring Leonard Skynard, but I did it anyway.  

Hell, I would have sang “Tuesdays Gone “ with you. 

• Haha 2
On 8/11/2022 at 9:46 AM, deerslayer said:

Can you define "woke?"

• Haha 2