OLD H&R 12 Ga Needs a Stock. Where could I buy one? Or should I try to make one?

Hello all. I've got an OLD H&R 12 ga. Pat dates are around 190X-191X. I'm guessing its just over 100 years old. all the hard parts are there, but no wood. Action seems be be functional. I need a stock and forearm. Of course I don't want to spend a lot, but I'd like to have it complete. Maybe even just for a wall hanger or something. It doesn't have any model numbers or anything; just the patent dates. Where can I find a stock for this old thing? Or should I try to make one? I've considered getting one for something else and trying to modify it or maybe even start from scratch. Any ideas?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebay is great source, I typed in H&R stock and got a lot of hits some were single shot shotguns stock.  My dad who loved single shot shotguns, was all the time buying single shots in need of repair.  His favorite go to source was Gunparts numrich (google it).  I tried looking, you will need a model number under single shots.  Gunbroker is another source, but probably too expensive if you get lucky, but sometimes beggars cannot be choosers.   Good luck on your journey, I looked for a certain factory butt plate for my Fulton double barrel, patience finally paid off, it took me over 8 years, but got lucky with a automated ebay search engine.  Never got a hit in the 8 years active, but got 2 hits within 6 mos.  I pounced at the first hit.  I felt like I won the lottery.  

Thanks. I'm familiar with Numrich. I've searched there, but to no avail. Like I said, no model number on it, but there is some patent dates I've been going by. I do have an ebay auto search saved and get hits, but none that look like what I need yet. The search continues. I do enjoy the hunt so to speak, so I'm not complaining. 🙂