Sig Sauer Releases New Model of P365

E4 No More

I love my 365XL Spectre and plan sticking with it for now.  But I’m curious, is this like the Glock 45 to the Glock 19?  What I will probably do is grab a couple 17 round mags once they be one available.  Hoping they will have spacer to cover excess while in the gun,

• Like 1
  • Moderators
28 minutes ago, Defender said:

I love my 365XL Spectre and plan sticking with it for now.  But I’m curious, is this like the Glock 45 to the Glock 19?  What I will probably do is grab a couple 17 round mags once they be one available.  Hoping they will have spacer to cover excess while in the gun,

The geometry of the mags are different. They will not fit in any other current 365 frames.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

The geometry of the mags are different. They will not fit in any other current 365 frames.

My 365XL didn’t get that message.  

In fact, I have already modified 15 round XL mags to work in the Macro frame. 

Edited by Patton
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Patton said:

F7192F65-F6F6-4876-B34A-3A20866AF265.jpeg This is a 17 round magazine in a Wilson Combat p365xl frame.

I saw a Reddit thread today that said the 17 round mags are compatible with all P-365s.  They showed ent looked like still clip from a video that looked similar to the above picture Patton posted.  When I went to Sigs sight,  which I think is very poorly designed, I could find no mention anoutthat so I guess I wait til they come out.  

Many would say that if you need 17 rounds, you can’t shoot, lol.  Well, I can shoot pretty good, but I’ve read of instances where there  are needs.  I’m gonna carry 12+1 in my Spectre, but I’d change from carrying a 15 round back up mag to the 17 round if compatible.  
I love my Spectre and am not planning on replacing it at this point, but I do like then idea of a internal comp.  I looked at the Spectre comps though and didn’t like looks of the finish and appearance of the side.  For me, I’m stupid enough to view looks as important as well.  

Quedtion for the experts:  what makes the internal comp a comp?  Is it just the shorter barrel and the enhance porting? Could I get similar results  by just installing a shorter barrel on my Spectre?

On An Instagram page, there are pictures and videos of the Macro. The dude didn’t make a very polished video, lol, but he went through the whole thing pretty good.  The 17 round macro mags fit and function fine in the xl. Right now there’s a gap but I’m sure that when they sell the mags they will have a gap filler or sleeve or baseplate available.  Probably tacdev  after market versions too.

Here’s the link: Eric Murphy https://www.instagram.com/tv/ChTA70_pA_P/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 hour ago, Defender said:

Has anyone seen the new macro 17 round mags for sale anywhere? Not sure if it’s Sigs site or my iPad browser, but when I search therefor 9mm magsihyst get one hit.

I don't believe anyone has the mags in stock.  They are not even listed on the Sig site yet.

I have heard, from a very reliable source,  that 17 round magazines should be available around Christmas.  Apparently there is an issue cranking out enough for the firearms that have been produced. This has happened before with Sig magazines. Grip modules should be available around the same time, and we may see combo packaging where you buy a grip module and magazine(s) together. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Defender said:

I’ve got a boatload of 12 and 15 rd XL mags, too many to justify getting the macro grip module, but have considered it. Someone posted they made their 15 rd  mags fit by trimming, can the 12 rd mag be the same?

No, the 12 rounds are way too short.  It’s possible someone could make an adapter like the 10round magazines run to work in the xl module.

• Like 1