Dan Wesson 357 revolver ?s

I'm by no means an expert, but as I recall the stainless models used a 7XX model number. Best guess would be that your's is a Model 715. However, there were slight differences in the barrel shrouds such as full or half lugs and with or without rib vents that could make a difference. 

As mentioned, these guns were noted as being built to quickly and easily change barrel lengths by the owner. They were often sold as a "Pistol Pack" in a cased set with 3 or 4 different length barrels, tools and sometimes even several sets of grips. Many believed that the unique barrel mounting system resulted in greater accuracy. DWs were quite popular in the sport of Handgun Metallic Silhouette shooting. 

While Pistol Packs were popular, DW did also sell these revolvers with just one barrel just like any other brand. I think that may be what you have here. Regardless, these are excellent revolvers with a bit of a cult following. Take pride in owning it. 👍

edit: Ok, a little further research indicates that may well be a Model 715-V for vent ribbed barrel. Just ball parkin' here as the pistol packs are much more popular and attract the big bucks. Best guess is that gun with just the one 4" barrel would probably be worth in the $700-900 range. 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1

That is indeed a 715-V4. V for vent rib. 4 for 4" barrel. They also made a 715 without the rib, and a 715-VH which had the rib and a heavy barrel. So, that fatter part where it says 'Dan Wesson' extends to the end of the barrel.

I had a 715 VH6 for many years, should have kept it.

• Like 1

I had one in 44mag, I bought it with an 8" Bbl. then purchased a 4"Bbl. for it. I used it back up home in PA for deer hunting, I really liked that gun until my truck got broken into when I stopped to get something to eat and drink on my way home, they stole it with the 4"Bbl. I really liked that you could change the Bbl's out fairly quickly and easily. I've been looking for another one but just can't find any. They are built like a tank.

12 hours ago, DJTC45 said:

I had one in 44mag, I bought it with an 8" Bbl. then purchased a 4"Bbl. for it. I used it back up home in PA for deer hunting, I really liked that gun until my truck got broken into when I stopped to get something to eat and drink on my way home, they stole it with the 4"Bbl. I really liked that you could change the Bbl's out fairly quickly and easily. I've been looking for another one but just can't find any. They are built like a tank.

They are still around 😁

IMG_3139.thumb.JPG.bf5e34110f9ed025f634c57cb5638462.JPG

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1