How many Masons?

Guest KWW67

Memphismason said: "In the age of the internet everything we do is printed on the web. There are no secrets left."

ANYTHING you read on the internet may or may not be true. M ost is speculated and very off course. If you are that interested, just ASK12B1 and find out first first hand. There are things that can not be told to you. If you are that interested, join and it will all make sense.

You would be very suprised at the hype and the untrue rumors.

You are right. Many things on the web are wrong.

I started my journey into Masonic knowledge, by being on the "anti-mason" side. I read the books, watched the videos, heck I even preached it behind the pulpit in churches.

All it took was my Uncle to ask "What is that book you are reading" and I said "A book that talks about the Masons and how they control the world", and he said, "Well I guess you didn't know this, but I am a Mason. Maybe the best insight into Freemasonry is not found in a book called The Circle of Intrigue,The Hidden Inner Circle of the Global Illuminati Conspiracy."

It was about 6 years latter I asked that same uncle for a petition. I understand both sides, because I have sipped the Kool-Aid from both cisterns.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KWW67
What are the benefits of being a Mason that the "Average Joe" could benefit from by going around falsely portraying himself as a Mason.

Please don't take this as short, but plenty. I will have to leave it at that.

I wonder if I am the only one who has ever read Pike's words with an unbiased mind, independently formed an opinion based on those words, then been chastised for pondering what apparently many others have also surmised after reading those words. No wonder you guys have problems.

Deerslayer I am sorry, but the only problems we have are deciding what to cook for the next meeting.

This conversation has no impact on us. We are the world's oldest, largest, and most charitable organization in the world. i think we have a pretty good handle on things, but thanks for your concerns.:tinfoil:

Guest KWW67
I wonder if I am the only one who has ever read Pike's words with an unbiased mind, independently formed an opinion based on those words, then been chastised for pondering what apparently many others have also surmised after reading those words. No wonder you guys have problems.

Please don't take it that way. Memphismason is just trying to explain the best he can and I don't think he means to come across that way. He has not been in that long and may be unsure of the approach. If you would like, ask any mason you know and trust, one on one and seriously without the Internet hoopla, about masonry he would gladly get you any correct information at his disposal and explain it to you. Masonry is not for everyone and that is OK. Somethings others are involved in I may not be. Your opinions and views are nonetheless respected and hopefully you will seek the information you need from someone you know very well. When you do, PM me and let know what you think.

Edited by KWW67
Spelling
What are the benefits of being a Mason that the "Average Joe" could benefit from by going around falsely portraying himself as a Mason.

Outside of the Lodge, not much, other than maybe making friends with someone you might otherwise have kept at a perpetual distance.

Masonry offers no monetary gain, and this is gone over with a person who has petitioned for membership.

The benefits are found within, they are not external; this is why Masonry does not seek members, because the decision for a man to join is not one we can make, but it is up to the individual. This is where we get the saying "To Be One, Ask One" or "2B1ASK1"

Please don't take it that way. Memphismason is just trying to explain the best he can and I don't think he means to come across that way. He has not been in that long and may be unsure of the approach. If you would like, ask any mason you know and trust, one on one and seriously without the Internet hoopla, about masonry he would gladly get you any correct information at his disposal and explain it to you. Masonry is not for everyone and that is OK. Somethings others are involved in I may not be. Your opinions and views are nonetheless respected and hopefully you will seek the information you need from someone you know very well. When you do, PM me and let know what you think.

Maybe in quoting Pike I was feeding meat instead of milk, and that was probably not the best approach, but I do not regret placing the words of Pike in context before someone could post them out of context.

You are right, I am young in the fraternity.....and any other sentence I have typed behind this phrase sounds harsh, so I will refrain out of respect, Brother, but what I will say is "ouch".

Guest mustangdave

Memphismason...I applaud you for your candor. Though I am not member of the Fraternity my late father in law was...and we talked freely about Masonic IDEALS. He gave me much to read and ponder...and I sought out other materials as well. In my view...there is nothing to be scared of where it concerns masons. There is nothing SECRET...it is SACRED...My father in law told me once that I ought to become a mason...I quizzically asked him why he felt that way...him being a Navy man...he told me to look at my RATING Badge...see I was an Illustrator/Draftsman in the Navy for 20 yrs...the Rating symbol for my job was...the COMPASS and SQUARE...so who knows maybe one of these days I may come knocking

Memphismason...I applaud you for your candor. Though I am not member of the Fraternity my late father in law was...and we talked freely about Masonic IDEALS. He gave me much to read and ponder...and I sought out other materials as well. In my view...there is nothing to be scared of where it concerns masons. There is nothing SECRET...it is SACRED...My father in law told me once that I ought to become a mason...I quizzically asked him why he felt that way...him being a Navy man...he told me to look at my RATING Badge...see I was an Illustrator/Draftsman in the Navy for 20 yrs...the Rating symbol for my job was...the COMPASS and SQUARE...so who knows maybe one of these days I may come knocking

Thank you Mustangdave, I appreciate your words.

I am an Architectural Draftsman, for a commercial casework and millwork company. It is really "neat" to use the tools that Masonry uses in its symbology.

Whenever a Mason says that to another man, it is a great compliment. We are not supposed to ask anyone to join, but we tend to hint around good moral men, and hope that they will ask.

Again Thanks Mustangdave

Guest clownsdd

Little history of myself may help with the religious discussion

Raised Lutheran, married Catholic became Colutheran. Kids went to Lutheran School, grandkid goes to Catholic. I believe a religious upbringing instills the moral character, and values that our children need.

Joined Lodge too many years ago to go into.

I am an agnostic. I believe there is a Supreme Being..a God. Freemasonry has taught me more about being an ethical, honest and charitable person without bringing up religion, than anything or anyone else I know aside from my parents. I know I can trust a Fellow Mason on his word period, and can call on them in times of trouble.

All religions with a belief in a Supreme Being are welcomed. We have Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants etc that are members. In my case, it has made a difference, I am a Master Mason, 32* Scottish Rite, and a Shriner and very proud of it.

When my final day comes, I'm not worried. I know that I am right with My God and My Beliefs. It is a personal choice that a man must make.

If you feel it is against your religion or morals, so be it. There is not much I can do to change that.

Just remember...To Be One..Ask One...that's the only way you will find out the true meaning of Freemasonry.

Sorry for the rant guys, but it is important to me that you understand.

Edited by clownsdd
Hey Memphis

Did K I Wright do your yellow dog degree?

I laughed till my sides hurt.

I believe so. I don't remeber the name right off hand, but I do remember being told he was a PGM.....so I am pretty sure it was K I Wright.

It was at the coon supper, in Somervile, last year. It was definitely funny.

Guest Astra900

It's a proven fact that people in general are afraid of anything they don't know or understand. For the non-member, and I suspect, even for the low ranking members, there is very little provable facts that are public knowledge. This coupled with the inflated (or maybe not:tinfoil:) rumors and tall tales of the Knights Templar and so on so forth, bothers people. They automatically assume because someone didn't make a specific effort to tell them everything that's going on behind closed doors, that they must be up to no good. What a load of waffle.:)

There's no way that an organization or their size and long standing is NOT hiding some juicy stories that would be very interesting to say the least, but I, for the life of me can't understand why it would be grounds to attack your brother over. I've seen literal fist fights break out over the subject:screwy:

Some people really believe the :P world is ruled by some behind closed doors council or some BS. Whatever. Maybe so, you can't change it if it is, so get over it.

On the surface it seems that Masons have always minded their own business, all the ones I have ever known were damn fine fellars, and did just that. The rest of the world should take note and mind their own business as well. The Mason's are none of my business because they have never came to me with an invitation to make it my business.

The church I grew up in touted them as the occult. To me it seems like an A B conversation that everyone else needs to C their way out of. That's my 2 cents that no one asked for:D

Little history of myself may help with the religious discussion

Raised Lutheran, married Catholic became Colutheran. Kids went to Lutheran School, grandkid goes to Catholic. I believe a religious upbringing instills the moral character, and values that our children need.

Joined Lodge too many years ago to go into.

I am an agnostic. I believe there is a Supreme Being..a God. Freemasonry has taught me more about being an ethical, honest and charitable person without bringing up religion, than anything or anyone else I know aside from my parents. I know I can trust a Fellow Mason on his word period, and can call on them in times of trouble.

All religions with a belief in a Supreme Being are welcomed. We have Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants etc that are members. In my case, it has made a difference, I am a Master Mason, 32* Scottish Rite, and a Shriner and very proud of it.

When my final day comes, I'm not worried. I know that I am right with My God and My Beliefs. It is a personal choice that a man must make.

If you feel it is against your religion or morals, so be it. There is not much I can do to change that.

Just remember...To Be One..Ask One...that's the only way you will find out the true meaning of Freemasonry.

Sorry for the rant guys, but it is important to me that you understand.

Thanks for sharing that clownsdd.

Man it is hard calling you by something other than your real name. You have to many aliases :P

Some people really believe the :P world is ruled by some behind closed doors council or some BS. Whatever. Maybe so, you can't change it if it is, so get over it.

That is what we want everyone to believe. LOL just kidding. :P...not really :)....naw, just joshing yall :)...... or am I :P:cool: LOL

The Mason's are none of my business because they have never came to me with an invitation to make it my business.

We do not invite men to join. A Person must ask an existing mason to join. Hence the phrase "To Be One, Ask One" or you might have seen it on Bumper stickers like this "2B1ASK1". I know a few brothers who have told me that they saw a lot of their friend wearing the rings, and taking about Lodge functions, and they kind of got their feelings hurt when they were never invited to join. LOL...it has happened before. We feel that it is very important that a Man petitions the Lodge of his own free will and accord.

Edited by memphismason
Guest Astra900

We do not invite men to join. A Person must ask an existing mason to join. Hence the phrase "To Be One, Ask One" or you might have seen it on Bumper stickers like this "2B1ASK1". I know a few brothers who have told me that they saw a lot of their friend wearing the rings, and taking about Lodge functions, and they kind of got their feelings hurt when they were never invited to join. LOL...it has happened before. We feel that it is very important that a Man petitions the Lodge of his own free will and accord.

I did not know that. I can respect that though.

Guest clownsdd
Thanks for sharing that clownsdd.

Man it is hard calling you by something other than your real name. You have to many aliases :down:

LOL!!! :lol:

Guest TheBadLuckCharm
I am Catholic but i have always wondered about the Mason's. Like what is there to offer, how to join, etc. Every time I pass one of the lodges I am always curious but never go inside. Is there anyone here that can give me some info on what the beliefs are and so on? Thank You.

http://www.ephesians5-11.org/

These clowns look about as credible as Westboro Baptist Church (not to be confused w/ ANY other Baptists!!!).

From their page:

A few examples of subversive groups which admit to being religions are Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons. The largest subversive religious organization which admits to being a religion is the Catholic "Church." Catholicism teaches the worship of Mary and other saints, through prayer. Prayer to Mary is an attempt to communicate with the dead. 1 Samuel 28 tells of Saul's desire to communicate with Samuel, after he had died. That séance is recorded in the Bible. Saul was killed the next day. The apparition warned Saul that God would kill him as punishment. Are the apparitions of Mary significantly different than that of Samuel?

I was raised Catholic (I do not currently actively practice any religion), and I can say for a fact that CATHOLICS DO NOT WORSHIP MARY. She is honored, sure, but not worshiped.

Guest TnDeerHunter

A simple question can sure lead to a bunch of crap. I've been a MASON for 32 years and I must admitt I have never heard of so many theories by so many that really don't have a clue. To those of you that have asked questions I applaude to those who are not Masons and have questions all I say is ask a Mason.

Guest TheBadLuckCharm
I know what I am talking about and did not claim to be catholic, stated that grandson is going to catholic school because of the quality of education.

If you are offended by a simple question, you have a whole lot more problems and issues than can be settled here.

FYI I am agnostic, don't believe in a fort god or 6 flags over Jesus (again, no offense to anyone). If the major religions spent as much money helping others instead of spending on temples, churches, and pushing their own political or religious agenda, the world would be a lot better place

My father-in-law is a mason, and a Christian- evidence of true conversion is a new creature born again. Not someone who is vulgar and all kinds of awful. You are to be different from the world. If you love the world, you will lose your(hell=death) life. If you hate the world, you will keep your (eternal) life. God does not want your crumbs, he wants all of you. You can not serve two masters. And if you are not for God, you are for Satan. And you might not even know it but Satan does.

24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.- Matthew 6:24

"Depart from me, I never knew you." -Matthew 7:23

For most people, if most people were to be true, hearing "depart from me" really wouldn't bother them that much. They just don't want to depart from heaven, but they would be happy to depart from Jesus. What do you actually think heaven is? It is a relationship with Him, it is the unveiling of Him, and the fellowship of the Saints. And if you don't want that here, you don't want that there. You just want to go to a place where you won't suffer, but you don't want God. And that's pretty much American heaven right there. Everyone wants to go to heaven, they just don't want God to be there when they get there. Many people confess to be Christians but have never repented of their sins and actually understand the concept or have the desire to have a relationship with God. And it is the most crucial relationship you will ever have.

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.-John 14:6

You CAN NOT enter heaven by works alone, many people think you can go to heaven just by being a good person and doing lots of charity and

"good deeds". WRONG.

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.-Hebrews 11:6

The reason so many people spend money pushing Christianity (and not on secular foundations they can not give it to in the name of Jesus) is because they know that people will go to hell without Jesus and they actually care about others eternal souls and God commands us to spread the gospel so that others will not have to suffer and so they may believe.

17But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires." 19These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

20But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. 21Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22Be merciful to those who doubt; 23snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.-Jude 1:17-25

The Bible makes it clear that through nature and conscience each person has some knowledge about God and sin for which he is accountable. Look at how we are confident that God will not hold anyone accountable for any knowledge he did not receive and yet see how Christ is the only way to salvation. You will be held accountable for your sins, there is no way to bypass judgment except through Christ.

27Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

-Hebrews 9:27-28

"Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?"-John 8:46

For us to do the work of God includes believing in Jesus:

"The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

—John 6:29

To reject Jesus is to reject God.

"He who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

—Luke 10:16

He not only came to bring a message, but to fulfill a task.

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

—Luke 19:10

He came to call sinners to repentance and to rescue them from hell. Those assuming themselves to be good enough to enter God's presence deem themselves not to need Jesus anyway.

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

—Mark 2:17

We are all sinners. And that includes you. And GOD IS REAL and did send Jesus here to be the ultimate sacrifice for your sins, now whether you believe it or not does not change the truth. You still have free will. This could be the beginning or the end, the choice is yours.

The Bad Luck Charm, your post quoted about of biblical scriptures, that are not relavant to this discussion. As far I as read into your post, which was just scripture and someone's commentary on said scriptures, I can see you are pointing that masonry teaches a man can get to heaven through his works.

I have said it before and I am saying it again; Masonry teaches Morals and the Golden rule. None of us think because we help out burned and cripple children through the Shriner Hospitals, or Provide Eye Care to children through the Templar Eye Foundation, or Provide Services and Developmental Centers for the Care of Speech problems in children, or donate money to the Masonic Widow's and Orphans fund, that by these things we will be worthy to enter into the pearly gates. Others say we believe that.

It is almost like those people are saying that nobody should help out anyone else in the world. :drama:

Also there is no "worship" involved in Masonry. I don't care how many websites or "ex-masons" tell you otherwise.

Guest Bluemax

First off, let me issue a disclaimer. I absolutely do not intend to offend anyone and respect others religions even if they don't agree with mine...but

Does anyone find it ironic that a noted science fiction author can found a religion based on the belief that we are descended from aliens, and Freemasonry is the bandwagon that the conspiracy theorists choose to jumo on ?