Jill Biden has covid

I know a lady who works for St. Jude Hospital. It seems that they hire a lot of brand new, freshly minted PHDs  for their various research programs. These are mid to late 20s who have spent their entire lives as professional students. They have no idea how to live in the real world. 

The lady I know is their coordinator. She's basically a "Momma" figure. She helps them find a place to live, get moved into town, buy a car,  learn to pay bills, organize expenses, etc and so on. Many also come to her for personal and romantic advice. She loves the job and taking care of her "kids". But does get a bit frustrated as how difficult it is for them to handle everyday life. 🙄

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1

I have two comments. First I don’t understand why folks, even those who say they don’t want to be called doctor, still often put that designation after their names in official work emails.  Second, like Grayfox54 said, they can be quite dense.  I call them professional students.   

4 hours ago, Luckyforward said:

True.  An earned doctorate is no predictor of common sense . . .   

It is not. What it is, however, is a reliable indicator of a person with an unusual amount of drive and dedication. My hat’s off to all who’ve done it. I have not.

• Like 4
On 8/16/2022 at 9:06 PM, Alleycat72 said:

Off subject, but how do you guys know someone's a Christian? I'm no one. So is there a secret handshake or something? I guess I've never looked for signs. I have zero issues with someone having religion unless that religion tells them to kill me. Just curious. I hear this a lot.

Because we are from this area. 95% of people from this area are Christians.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1
On 8/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, Quavodus said:

Oh yeah, FJB.

I don’t like the guy, but this stuff just doesn’t help.  All of this and the stickers and the let’s go brandoning only widens the chasm between two sides and prevents progress.  

I genuinely believe that we are beyond help as a society and I pray daily for the collapse so that we can begin to build it back to greatness.  This long slow downhill is tiring.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

I don’t like the guy, but this stuff just doesn’t help.  All of this and the stickers and the let’s go brandoning only widens the chasm between two sides and prevents progress.  

I genuinely believe that we are beyond help as a society and I pray daily for the collapse so that we can begin to build it back to greatness.  This long slow downhill is tiring.  

Have you seen what the other side advocates? I don’t want progress. I want a complete defeat.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

You had me in the first half...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

The Former Vice President said while he was running his campaign that he wanted people to be united. The crap show that they've performed so far will bring no unification. Oh yeah,.......

FJB!

What crap have they performed, and when are you going to set it off or are you waiting on someone else to trip the wire?

4B8CDCF4-BAFA-47CF-B5A5-A7CE0269956B.jpeg.d2a2913be0e197ce083b7b354f6c5b6e.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

The Former Vice President said while he was running his campaign that he wanted people to be united. The crap show that they've performed so far will bring no unification.

In politics compliance is unification, you just need to come around to their way of thinking.

1 minute ago, Links2k said:

What crap have they performed, and when are you going to set it off or are you waiting on someone else to trip the wire?

4B8CDCF4-BAFA-47CF-B5A5-A7CE0269956B.jpeg.d2a2913be0e197ce083b7b354f6c5b6e.jpeg

Have you been living under a rock without any news? And no I'm not gonna trip the wire but, I'll be supporting the ones that do.