HELP ME UNDERSTAND.....PLEASE

I am trying the pistol optic thing again.  This one is the new HoloSun SCS (solar charging site).  It does not have a replaceable battery so it can be a bit smaller.  This model is customized to the frame of the gun so it sits lower.  

From my first trip to the range, this one is MUCH easier for me to find the dot faster.  I do not spend any time "searching for the dot" so far.

image.thumb.jpeg.872eb5de3087a4dd97d5183818bede63.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah, I have a lot of red dots and a pair of holosights, I DO believe that the few I have that happen to be green dots or selectable from red to green, the green tends to be much easier on the eye.

19 minutes ago, billmeek said:

I switched from red dots to green dots after trying one.  But I have to say the gold dot (on the Holosun HE512C-GD) is pretty nice too.

I do agree with that as well.  I had a Holosun GoldDot before on a shotgun and I really liked it.  

I wish that instead of dots and circles some company would come out with a chevron sight for these "red dot" type sights.  I have some prism scopes that have a chevron and I like it much better than circles or dots.  But prism sights have a set eye relief which will not work for pistol sights.

The Chevron gives you a precise point of aim if you have the time but also gives you a fairly large triangle if you need to get on target as fast as possible.  I can't imagine why no company that I have seen has gone to chevrons.

2 hours ago, billmeek said:

I did see those a while back.  If I remember correctly back then they only had about 2 models for pistols and they used some non-standard footprint at that time.  But it seems that now they have more models and they are using fairly standard footprints.  That is good news.  If they take that ACSS to the SCS line I will trade up.

I was  a hold out for years until I bought a box of parts that had a  Mini Shield red dot  and loved it.  After talking to a buddy that had a two day Red Dot class I went with Holsun Green Dot for over 40 crowd.  The  SCS mounts direct to Most Glocks and others no need for an adapter plate.  If it should ever fail you still have your sights.  A lot Law Agencies are going with this set up. I heard TN State Troopers went with Glock 45 MOS a while back.