Anyone using the Phlster Enigma

So i have recently been working on my carry habits. I carry a lot but would like to move more towards truly carrying everyday. Part of that is finding a better concealment setup for work. Im a Production Supervisor at work and that means less physical labor, bending kneeling, crawling into tiny spaces etc. I usually pocket carry at work but have recently discovered the engima and I think it may be the answer Im looking for. Id like to carry my hellcat rdp in it, under my normal work attire of Duluth flex jeans and untucked shirts, either polo or button up. Anyone have any reviews, thoughts, comments etc to add?  

There's an Enigma group on Facebook that contains much good information and is tightly moderated to prevent disruption by a**wipes.  Worth a look if you are on Facebook.

I have purchased an Enigma and am still experimenting with it.  It requires some tinkering to get it exactly right, with regard to ride height and placement in the spot that will yield maximum concealment for your particular body.  The makers don't try to hide this and admit that the Enigma isn't the answer for everyone.  I have mine about to the point where I'm ready to make it my EDC but haven't quite made that jump yet.  

Cheers,

Whisper

I just ordered one the other day, should be here by the weekend. I'm anxious to try it out and see how well it does. Once I get everything put together and adjusted I'll post back and try to post a few pics also.

• Like 2

I'll play-lol. While I dont use that Enigma, I have been using Crossbreed Mini-tuck holsters for over 10 years since I made the decision to carry all the time. When I carry my Kahr P380 I have it adjusted to where the grip is barely higher than my belt. Even in shorts and a T-shirt no one can tell I'm carrying. It also has a feature where you can still tuck in a shirt, I have even worn the gun at weddings. In cooler weather I can carry something bigger, usually a Kahr PM9 or Sig P365. But I'd rather have the 380 than nothing at all.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have 2, one light bearing and one standard. My wife also has one of her own. It is definitely the best deep concealment rig I have ever tested. It’s not my primary carry method, only because I normally wear pants with a belt, which makes the Enigma redundant. 

As for capability, last summer I carried in a posted spray park with the family. I was able to carry my M&P Shield Plus, a spare mag, a clinch pic, and pepper spray while there; all without wearing a shirt…

Cant argue with results like that

• Like 1
On 8/25/2022 at 6:20 AM, Tom B said:

I'll play-lol. While I dont use that Enigma, I have been using Crossbreed Mini-tuck holsters for over 10 years since I made the decision to carry all the time. When I carry my Kahr P380 I have it adjusted to where the grip is barely higher than my belt. Even in shorts and a T-shirt no one can tell I'm carrying. It also has a feature where you can still tuck in a shirt, I have even worn the gun at weddings. In cooler weather I can carry something bigger, usually a Kahr PM9 or Sig P365. But I'd rather have the 380 than nothing at all.

Agree.  I considered the Enigma, but since I rarely wear pants without a belt, I went with Crossbreed and  another similar.  Since I’m now retired, I usually just carry OWB with an over shirt or jacket.  Still have my Ruger LCP Mac for pocket carry when needed, but may reuse the crossbreed on occasion.