If the NFA where to go away…

• Moderators

What would you get? The question isn’t as fantastical as it seemed even six months ago. So, if you didn’t have to worry about the NFA, what would you get that you just don’t think it’s possible/practical to get hold of now?

Edited by Chucktshoes

I have several transferable machine guns, they are a ton of fun and so far have been good investments.  If the NFA goes away they may prove to be a poor investment, but we will see.  A few guns that are out of my financial reach are an MP5 sear, M60 and an M240.   I have a connection to those belt feds and would love to have one but can't afford a transferable one.  

Edited by my82cam

Cans, just cans.  I would put one on my 22s mostly for squirrel, and maybe on my 300Blk.  I have no interest in anything FA,  I could not afford to feed them and I have had plenty of fun with them while active duty, so the novelty has pretty much worn off.

• Like 2

I don't think I'd buy anything. I've had plenty of opportunities to shoot many different full auto weapons over the years. Everything from Army issue to toys belonging to friends. Always a ton of fun, but never really wanted one. Its hard to find places to shoot them and I couldn't afford to feed 'em. 🙄

Kinda like that little blond in your dreams. Nice to play with, but I wouldn't want to own her. 😉

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

MG42

Beat me to it.

Unfortunately, I think the end of the NFA would actually skyrocket prices on things like the MG42. The supply can't get any bigger and the demand would surge. Only guns in current production, or where a new production version would be just as or nearly as desirable as an original would see prices plummet. Glock 18, MP-5, Uzi, M-60, or M-4/M-16 for example.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2022 at 12:42 PM, Chucktshoes said:

What would you get? The question isn’t as fantastical as it seemed even six months ago. So, if you didn’t have to worry about the NFA, what would you get that you just don’t think it’s possible/practical to get hold of now?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Esn6TV6_wL-J8qE__np6lgHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...