DAMMM !! Another AD Today RK Clarksville Show

Older Gent caught a   .22 revolver round in upper leg   right in front of me. A couple soldiers tied it off and FD took him off to hospital. Went through and impacted floor. Some  idiot had to pull the trigger on an unloaded gun.

I believe some people need these BRANDED in to their chest!!!

Always Keep Firearm Pointed in a Safe direction

Treat All Guns as Though They are Loaded

Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger until You are Ready to Shoot

Always Be Sure of Your Target and What’s Beyond It

• Like 1

Was it a vendor or random dude trying to sell? If vendor, they should be banned from future shows, not that you could enforce it. If soem random dude, the door screeners need a good talking to for sure. If we don't police ourselves, they will police us. We will not like it if they police us.

Tin-foil moment though. Been going to gun shows for decades upon decades in a multitude of states and ND's were never really a problem. Now we have a larger than usual push from the left to ban everything, including gun shows and we have 2 in the same year in TN. How many in other states we do not know about...

Not saying it's fishy, but it is starting to smell bad.

Edited by DO-TN
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, DO-TN said:

Tin-foil moment though. Been going to gun shows for decades upon decades in a multitude of states and ND's were never really a problem. Now we have a larger than usual push from the left to ban everything, including gun shows and we have 2 in the same year in TN. How many in other states we do not know about...

There has also been an incredible influx of people who are new to firearms, thanks to deteriorating social conditions.

• Like 4

It is an active Police investigation and I don't think it would be appropriate for me to comment on it or throw in my two cents worth at this time.  The details will be in a CPD report when finished.  I did not look until I heard the shot and do not know full details. Bad as it was the outcome could have been much worse.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, chances R said:

many more new owners/carriers who haven't a clue what they are doing.  The state should have the whole power point for the ECP online for viewing.  Not eligible for any permit, just some exposure to handling of firearms.

There was a time when kids grew up with a knowledge of firearms and how to safely handle them.  Once society started demonizing guns, that knowledge fell out of the mainstream and... well... here we are.

I'd like to keep governments of any and all kinds out of the business of educating people about guns.  That means it's on us to do the educating.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, TGO David said:

There was a time when kids grew up with a knowledge of firearms and how to safely handle them.  Once society started demonizing guns, that knowledge fell out of the mainstream and... well... here we are.

I'd like to keep governments of any and all kinds out of the business of educating people about guns.  That means it's on us to do the educating.

Heck, even just bring Hunter's Education back into schools would be a good step. 

11 hours ago, DO-TN said:

Was it a vendor or random dude trying to sell? If vendor, they should be banned from future shows, not that you could enforce it.

If it was a vendor at an RK show they will absolutely ban them permanently and can easily enforce it.  They are the promoters after all.

It’s happened more than once in Knoxville.

• Like 1