Middle TN Ranges

Steve M.

Not sure if this is the area to post this in but couldn't find anything else fitting.

I'm looking for a good range to visit, I like to shoot handguns, rifles and shotguns (but not skeet). I'd also like to start taking my son out to start on my old 10/22. He's 7, so don't know if ranges have specific rules like a minimum age, etc.

I'm all for a membership, but would like to try the range first before commiting to a year membership and every one I've found so far seems to not have a day pass option. I'm in southern Spring Hill, almost to Columbia so closer to that is better. Would go up as north as Nashville on weekends as I usually take my older son up to the comic stores near there anyways.

Anyone know of any good ones?

6 hours ago, Steve M. said:

Not sure if this is the area to post this in but couldn't find anything else fitting.

I'm looking for a good range to visit, I like to shoot handguns, rifles and shotguns (but not skeet). I'd also like to start taking my son out to start on my old 10/22. He's 7, so don't know if ranges have specific rules like a minimum age, etc.

I'm all for a membership, but would like to try the range first before commiting to a year membership and every one I've found so far seems to not have a day pass option. I'm in southern Spring Hill, almost to Columbia so closer to that is better. Would go up as north as Nashville on weekends as I usually take my older son up to the comic stores near there anyways.

Anyone know of any good ones?

A few outdoor ranges that are fairly close to where you live to check out would be:

1. Charlie Haffner range in Spring Hill

2. Eagle Eye range in Mount Pleasant

3. Maury County Gun Club which is north west of Columbia.

4. Strategic Edge range in Chapel Hill

2 hours ago, Protongunner said:

A few outdoor ranges that are fairly close to where you live to check out would be:

Thank you very much. I'd found Charlie Haffner and Maury County Gun Club online, but those other two I'll check out as well.

Eagle Eye is pay by the day, but you can get an annual family membership.  Your 7-year old son wouldn't be an issue.  Eagle Eye doesn't have a website, but you can call them at:

(931) 379-7977

I'd call before heading down to be sure they're open and a match isn't scheduled for the part of the range you want to use.

6 hours ago, billmeek said:

Eagle Eye is pay by the day, but you can get an annual family membership.  Your 7-year old son wouldn't be an issue.  Eagle Eye doesn't have a website, but you can call them at:

(931) 379-7977

I'd call before heading down to be sure they're open and a match isn't scheduled for the part of the range you want to use.

This is perfect, a friend is coming up from FL too so going to give them a call tomorrow. I saw their facebook page but it doesn't really say much.

• 1 month later...

I go to Stones River which is in south Antioch. It’s a TN gov place and is very nice outdoor range. Many shooting areas for rifles, pistols, and archery. All rifle lanes go out to 100 yards with increments of 25 yards. They have 2 lanes that are 200. Believe the pistol lanes are 20 yards max with increments of 5 yards. They have annual member ship I believe was $150? Daily shooting is $8 for 2 hours. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 6:20 AM, Protongunner said:

Thanks! 

• 6 months later...
On 10/20/2022 at 3:20 PM, Rob112o said:

I go to Stones River which is in south Antioch. It’s a TN gov place and is very nice outdoor range. Many shooting areas for rifles, pistols, and archery. All rifle lanes go out to 100 yards with increments of 25 yards. They have 2 lanes that are 200. Believe the pistol lanes are 20 yards max with increments of 5 yards. They have annual member ship I believe was $150? Daily shooting is $8 for 2 hours. 

This is a well run range and the range officers keep things safe, every time I've been there, unfortunately I believe it is only open on Friday-Sunday, be sure and check operating hours before you go!