S&W announced their new M&P in all metal form

tercel89

4 hours ago, JustEd said:

Good points. 

And I was wondering if the frame uses aluminum rails?  Or possibly the retained the steel inserts as on the polymer versions?

No one has shown a picture of the innards yet.

Harsh LED light in a dark garage. 

C77CD9FC-799D-4507-855D-07361CF6A21F.jpeg

7C8FED06-6C71-4186-83DD-EC774D8D33D6.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Handled one in a shop a couple days ago.  The trigger is probably the best m&p trigger I’ve ever touched.   It’s really not bad.  

the texture is a little rough for a carry piece so expect your clothes to get torn up.  And on the grips, I didn’t get to swap panels out but the plastic inserts seem to bulge and make the grip larger than it needed to be for my hand.  There may be a panel in the box that fits me better but I dunno.  

8 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Handled one in a shop a couple days ago.  The trigger is probably the best m&p trigger I’ve ever touched.   It’s really not bad.  

the texture is a little rough for a carry piece so expect your clothes to get torn up.  And on the grips, I didn’t get to swap panels out but the plastic inserts seem to bulge and make the grip larger than it needed to be for my hand.  There may be a panel in the box that fits me better but I dunno.  

These come with either 4 or 5 different panels to fit any size hand.  I can't remember exactly and do not have them with me at the moment, but there are more panels than usual.

I dug out the box and it's goodies.  It comes with 4 different grip pieces.  They are very easy to swap out without any tools other than the one that is built into the grip itself.  It also includes 7 different optic mounting plates and a bunch of different screws for them.

IMG_3187.thumb.jpeg.5f4a86f3f60d489216d166d49ac70ffb.jpeg

3 minutes ago, billyblazes said:

Plastic optic mounting plates on a metal gun?

Come on S&W!

What I don't like is the cheap sights on a gun this nice.  This is a really nice gun IMHO and it has their cheapest white dot sights.  Even their Shield Plus guns (which I love) now have much better night sights at about 1/2 the price of this gun.

If/when I get an optic for this gun, it will be the Holosun SCS that is made for this gun specifically so there won't be any mounting plates involved.  Then these cheap white dot sights won't be an issue anymore either.

• Like 1

Red dots are the rage for sure.  Personally love them for range use or competition.

Warming up to Holosun on my Hellcat.  Not 100% sold on their use for edc though.  Sometimes I feel like taking it off and sticking with the Hellcat irons which are easy to see and use.  Suspect they would be faster in a close encounter.

Just sayin' might want to get better irons just to cover both bases. 

jmo

Edited by JustEd
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got the new Holosun SCS for the S&W M&P 2.0 Frame.  It works well.  It is smaller and sits lower than most others I have tried.  Sitting lower helps me find the reticle much faster and easier (I guess it is closer to the sights).  It is solar charged and does not have a replaceable or removable battery.

image.thumb.jpeg.31f78d961bbb6189b9c15f1f3c80593c.jpeg

• Like 1