Memphis woman abducted

2 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

You wouldn't, even if Weirich were still the DA.  Most violent criminals don't get life, either.  However, Mulroy implies that first-time violent offenders (like Abston in 2000) do not "particularly deserve a strong response."  That is a step in the wrong direction.  

I agree.

The main reason Weirich is out of a job in Shelby County is her handling of juvenile offenders. Looks like she landed on her feet. Already has another sweet gig. 

4 hours ago, Omega said:

Seems that attack lasted roughly 4 minutes, as circumstantial evidence revealed, he was washing out blood from where he put her into his vehicle, so he probably killed her then.  It may be baseless, as no evidence yet, but you have to wonder why he immediately killed her.   I hope investigators will dig more into it, just to make sure there wasn't more than just a random attack by a sex crazed lunatic.

Well.......if you ever studied serial killers, you'll find out they sometimes rape victims up to days after they kill them. A few minutes is no big deal. She may have not been raped, but it's the assumption everyone is putting out there. He may have just wanted to kill her for whatever reason. 

Looks like we might have had a copycat here in Knoxville.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/concern-grows-after-attempted-kidnapping-rape-in-downtown-knoxville/ar-AA11xUfz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=10e8c393e8b74beaaabde91468c83265

I have a great friend that actually rode a bus to the UT ball game with this guy last week.  She said he was acting weird and wanted to know if the guy that was with her was her boyfriend.  She told him it was her husband.  He mentioned he was homeless and was wondering where to get a meal, clothes, socks and underwear.  She also said he was carrying something made of wood and metal and that the object and him, made her feel uncomfortable. 

17 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

Well.......if you ever studied serial killers, you'll find out they sometimes rape victims up to days after they kill them. A few minutes is no big deal. She may have not been raped, but it's the assumption everyone is putting out there. He may have just wanted to kill her for whatever reason. 

I guess you may be on to something there, and with the article @Erik88 posted, it does put it in a different light.  But It still makes me wonder a little, and hope it is just a case of a random crime, for all involved.

I'm researching this latest a-hole and it appears he caught an attempted first degree murder charge as a juvenile, was bound over to Criminal court (apparently to be tried as an adult), pleaded guilty to Aggravated Assault, and was sentenced to three years.  Obviously he didn't do the three years.  The last DA was criticized because she tried too many juveniles as adults.  I don't think she tried enough.  

Edited by deerslayer
10 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Obviously he didn't do the three years.  The last DA was criticized because she tried too many juveniles as adults.  I don't think she tried enough.  

The Memphis Mayor (bleeding heart liberal) agreed with you and said that he should have gotten the full three years and four Memphis citizens would be walking around alive this morning. 

4 minutes ago, Moped said:

The Memphis Mayor (bleeding heart liberal) agreed with you and said that he should have gotten the full three years and four Memphis citizens would be walking around alive this morning. 

Yeah but next week the woketards will be back to talking about getting rid of cash bail and disproportionate incarceration. This week will be old news.  

• Moderators

It’s real easy to look at individuals and point out how they should have been handled, but that doesn’t help much on the macro level. I won’t jump into the deep end of verboten territory, but the issues plaguing Memphis (and other metros) are socioeconomic in nature and that’s where the solutions will be found. We can’t incarcerate our way out of this. 

It’ll take concerted effort on a societal level and sacrifices on a lot of levels by a lot of folks to make those changes. I don’t know if folks really have the stomach for it. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

It’s real easy to look at individuals and point out how they should have been handled, but that doesn’t help much on the macro level. I won’t jump into the deep end of verboten territory, but the issues plaguing Memphis (and other metros) are socioeconomic in nature and that’s where the solutions will be found. We can’t incarcerate our way out of this. 

It’ll take concerted effort on a societal level and sacrifices on a lot of levels by a lot of folks to make those changes. I don’t know if folks really have the stomach for it. 

Your last sentence is the real kicker.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I don’t have all the answers.  I have opinions on some needed changes, but I suppose that is taboo here.  Whatever the case, making life easier and less consequential for criminals, as the newly elected DA wants to do, is probably going to make things worse than they are now.  That is quite a feat.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Sorry, but this won't come out in the wash, you first have to protect the citizens, then worry about the lifestyle that is responsible for the crime. Many come from a poor areas, with much the same obstacles and do not act in this manner.  But the whole "Ganster, and Thug Life" way of life needs to be rejected by society before anything the .gov can do will take affect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, Omega said:

Sorry, but this won't come out in the wash, you first have to protect the citizens, then worry about the lifestyle that is responsible for the crime. Many come from a poor areas, with much the same obstacles and do not act in this manner.  But the whole "Ganster, and Thug Life" way of life needs to be rejected by society before anything the .gov can do will take affect.

In a way, you two agreed. He's not suggesting government will fix this. We already have one of the highest rates of incarceration in the world. It's not working. 

No one is asking why we have so much more violent crime than other developed countries. 

We could have an entire separate thread on this but it would probably get too political. 

• Like 3
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Omega said:

No I’m not saying that you have to take it easier on people who commit crimes. What I am saying is that if you don’t attack the root causes then you can’t build enough jails for the people that you’re going to need to lock up.

2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

In a way, you two agreed. He's not suggesting government will fix this. We already have one of the highest rates of incarceration in the world. It's not working. 

No one is asking why we have so much more violent crime than other developed countries. 

We could have an entire separate thread on this but it would probably get too political. 

You understood what I was getting at. I do want an offer one correction. We actually don’t have a super high rate of violent crime compared to other developed nations. In fact, many of them have higher rates of violent crime. It’s just that our violent crime usually involves firearms. Media only focuses on that. They don’t focus on all the people who get stabbed and beaten to death in England or France. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

We actually don’t have a super high rate of violent crime compared to other developed nations. In fact, many of them have higher rates of violent crime. It’s just that our violent crime usually involves firearms. Media only focuses on that. They don’t focus on all the people who get stabbed and beaten to death in England or France. 

Or Canada... Can't wait to see what knife laws come out of the latest mass killing there.

Edited by Moped
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, deerslayer said:

So now we apparently have an active shooter riding around town randomly shooting people and Facebook Live-ing it.  I need to leave Shelby County.  

I saw the video of him shooting the man in Autozone. 

8 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Yeah but next week the woketards will be back to talking about getting rid of cash bail and disproportionate incarceration. This week will be old news.  

Things like this only matter if you or someone you know has been caught up in a legal system that feeds a for profit prison system. 

7 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I don’t have all the answers.  I have opinions on some needed changes, but I suppose that is taboo here.  Whatever the case, making life easier and less consequential for criminals, as the newly elected DA wants to do, is probably going to make things worse than they are now.  That is quite a feat.  

The guy just took office.  How do you know so much about his future actions?

6 hours ago, Omega said:

Man this is some bullshyt.  It’s not about gangster, thug life. As Chucktshoes mentioned, this is a socioeconomic issue. Y’all don’t scream that gangster shyt when a white boy kills people. Those white people are suffering the same issues that causes crime in other neighborhoods. The problem will never be fixed, because too many people think the couple thousand dollars they pay in taxes makes the world go round, and God forbid the taxes helps someone. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Links2k said:

The problem will never be fixed, because too many people think the couple thousand dollars they pay in taxes makes the world go round, and God forbid the taxes helps someone. 

Slacktivism, my man.  Slacktivism.  Sign a check, cast a vote, pay some taxes... and hire someone else to take care of the problem rather than putting skin in the game.

If folks want to head this off, they need to be in it for the long game.  Get involved in the lives of kids who need positive role models.  Show them that there's another way.

• Like 4