Memphis woman abducted

9 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Things like this only matter if you or someone you know has been caught up in a legal system that feeds a for profit prison system. 

If you don’t like for-profit prisons, don’t go to one.  

9 minutes ago, Links2k said:

The guy just took office.  How do you know so much about his future actions?

Just going by what he said.  

2 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

If you don’t like for-profit prisons, don’t go to one.  

Just going by what he said.  

It only takes one bad decision or mistake to become property of a for profit prison. The states and counties are financially incentivized to keep those prisons full. Some people caught up in this racket probably shouldn’t be in prison. 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Slacktivism, my man.  Slacktivism.  Sign a check, cast a vote, pay some taxes... and hire someone else to take care of the problem rather than putting skin in the game.

If folks want to head this off, they need to be in it for the long game.  Get involved in the lives of kids who need positive role models.  Show them that there's another way.

One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

One of the big societal reorientations that I was referring to was the re-centering of emphasis on promoting intact families. The data on the link between single parent households, poverty, and crime is undeniable. 

One of the tools to that end that I don’t think folks have the stomach for is the end of no-fault divorce. 

24 minutes ago, Links2k said:

It only takes one bad decision or mistake to become property of a for profit prison.

I would be willing to bet that pretty much everybody in prison made more than one bad decision.  

24 minutes ago, Links2k said:

The states and counties are financially incentivized to keep those prisons full. Some people caught up in this racket probably shouldn’t be in prison. 

It looks like we need to build more.  

• Like 1

Until these socioeconomic/cultural changes are effected that will take generations, start taking proactive action against the scum.

It’s going to take a multi-prong, long term approach to rid the country of its ills but honestly, haven’t people been trying to do this for decades?  

Something isn’t working.  One of those things that is definitely not working is being soft on criminals.  How many free passes and breaks is a ####up or sociopath supposed to get?

Do I have the answers?  No, but things need to change now.

• Like 2

I have always thought it was a good idea to reduce welfare for the people that can work, but choose not to. It would need to be done over a period of time.  With the money saved, open trade schools in the area and teach anything from welding to computer science. Hopefully you could get volunteers from the area to help out. It would be much easier in the inner cities. I'm not sure how it would go in the rural areas of the US. That's were the vast majority of welfare recipients live. Travel could be an issue. 

A buddy worked with Minddrive. He wouldn’t take at risk kids.  He wanted gang bangers.  They would build electric race cars and race them. He said the transformation was amazing when they accomplished goals. He always said there were a lot of really smart kids that felt like they had no choice but crime. Giving them a choice is a good first step. 

I also have zero issues hammering someone for violent crime. I also think there's a better way to "correct" nonviolent crimes than putting someone in jail for 1-8 years and destroying their lives. Once they are out, they become a burden on society because we refuse to allow them to participate. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Links2k said:

I saw the video of him shooting the man in Autozone. 

Things like this only matter if you or someone you know has been caught up in a legal system that feeds a for profit prison system. 

The guy just took office.  How do you know so much about his future actions?

Man this is some bullshyt.  It’s not about gangster, thug life. As Chucktshoes mentioned, this is a socioeconomic issue. Y’all don’t scream that gangster shyt when a white boy kills people. Those white people are suffering the same issues that causes crime in other neighborhoods. The problem will never be fixed, because too many people think the couple thousand dollars they pay in taxes makes the world go round, and God forbid the taxes helps someone. 

You may not agree, but the fact is that this is a lifestyle, and one that needs to be changed, these kids, with nothing going for them, look at the older...lets call them what they are, thugs, sporting nice cars, flashing money, sporting gold teeth, and bling out the ying-yang and having no jobs, as mentors, and what do you get?, a continuation of thug life. 

And yes, thug life bleeds right on over into the white, and yes, even my peeps, hispanics,  that also want to imitate what they see and hear on the radio and tv.  And that, coupled with the freaking crack and meth epidemic, you get these killers that do not care about or fear LEO.  Here, it is in the black community, facts bear that out, but back where I am from originally (ish), Denver and other places like CA, its the hispanics.  It is what it is, wish it wasn't, but this is where we are at.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Omega said:

You may not agree, but the fact is that this is a lifestyle, and one that needs to be changed, these kids, with nothing going for them, look at the older...lets call them what they are, thugs, sporting nice cars, flashing money, sporting gold teeth, and bling out the ying-yang and having no jobs, as mentors, and what do you get?, a continuation of thug life. 

And yes, thug life bleeds right on over into the white, and yes, even my peeps, hispanics,  that also want to imitate what they see and hear on the radio and tv.  And that, coupled with the freaking crack and meth epidemic, you get these killers that do not care about or fear LEO.  Here, it is in the black community, facts bear that out, but back where I am from originally (ish), Denver and other places like CA, its the hispanics.  It is what it is, wish it wasn't, but this is where we are at.

You make a good point.