Memphis woman abducted

2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

He was convicted of an aggravated kidnapping in 2001 and spent nearly 20 years in jail for it.

He should have never been released. 

1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

I doubt Mulroy pursues the death penalty. 

I think the pressure from her family and their connections will force him to pursue the death penalty. 

• Like 2
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I think the pressure from her family and their connections will force him to pursue the death penalty. 

You make a very good point. Her family absolutely falls into the category of being the elite. They have the means and ability to ensure that his tenure as DA is very short-lived call if he doesn’t throw the full force and weight of his office against the perpetrator(s).

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Doubt if he can make that bond. Even ten percent of it. 

I do too, but sometimes a criminal's grandmother mortgages her house to bail out her baby because he's such a good kid.  My wife had a cousin like that.  500 isn't low, but I was surprised it wasn't higher, given that he's a prior offender for the same thing and that he took off when he saw the cops.  

On another note, I heard there was a FB page about the case.  I'm no FB fan, but I got on my wife's page and found it.  Big mistake.  There are apparently a lot of women who will have a 20 year orgasm if if turns out the husband had something to do with it.  Facts are irrelevant, speculation is king, and these women are losing their damn minds.  Kinda chilling that these people could end up in a jury box.  I think my IQ was about 10 points lower by the time I stopped reading.  I feel sorry for the husband.  He may end up being involved, but until then, he's guilty until proven innocent in some folks' minds.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
23 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Doubt if he can make that bond. Even ten percent of it. 

IDK, the guy is shaping up like a drug dealer. He may have that in petty cash. And if he does make bail, you can bet he'll be gone in a hurry. 

But I do fear that at this point they're looking for a body. 😪

• Like 1

Such a shame. Just proves that bad things do happen to good people and no place is safe anymore. 

1st degree murder and kidnapping are both capital crimes. I do hope they go with no bail and pursue the death penalty. The question is does Mulroy have the balls for it? 

43 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Such a shame. Just proves that bad things do happen to good people and no place is safe anymore. 

1st degree murder and kidnapping are both capital crimes. I do hope they go with no bail and pursue the death penalty. The question is does Mulroy have the balls for it? 

The question is will he have to balls to NOT do it.  Mulroy is a woke left activist and is probably as anti-death penalty as they get, but will probably be facing some serious pressure to pursue the death  penalty.  He mentioned repeat violent offenders before the election, so who knows.  The problem is if offenders are not dealt with seriously, you get repeat offenders.  

Edited by deerslayer
1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

The question is will he have to balls to NOT do it.  Mulroy is a woke left activist and is probably as anti-death penalty as they get, but will probably be facing some serious pressure to pursue the death  penalty.  He mentioned repeat violent offenders before the election, so who knows.  The problem is if offenders are not dealt with seriously, you get repeat offenders.  

I guess the question will be if there have been similar crimes and what charges were brought against the defendant? 

Seems that attack lasted roughly 4 minutes, as circumstantial evidence revealed, he was washing out blood from where he put her into his vehicle, so he probably killed her then.  It may be baseless, as no evidence yet, but you have to wonder why he immediately killed her.   I hope investigators will dig more into it, just to make sure there wasn't more than just a random attack by a sex crazed lunatic.

On 9/4/2022 at 3:50 PM, Links2k said:

Had he served his entire sentence, she’d still be alive right now!  Sadly, although there will be justice, of sorts, but it will be a long time coming and will cost the taxpayer a bundle. Hope he gets the death penalty.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Omega said:

Seems that attack lasted roughly 4 minutes, as circumstantial evidence revealed, he was washing out blood from where he put her into his vehicle, so he probably killed her then.  It may be baseless, as no evidence yet, but you have to wonder why he immediately killed her.   I hope investigators will dig more into it, just to make sure there wasn't more than just a random attack by a sex crazed lunatic.

The car sat for roughly 4 minutes after the abduction before leaving the scene.  It was over an hour before it was spotted in the area where this poor woman's body was found.  There is no evidence that she died immediately as of now.

Edited by Garufa
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

The car sat for roughly 4 minutes after the abduction before leaving the scene.  It was over an hour before it was spotted in the area where this poor woman's body was found.  There is no evidence that she died immediately as of now.

Exactly.  People still want a Lifetime movie script.  

In other news, one of the a-holes who kidnapped a woman and her kid at Target has been arrested and charged.  Surprise surprise surprise he did time for Armed Robbery and Burglary.  The real irony is that if Mulroy had been the DA when this guy and Abston were caught, he would not want have wanted to charge them as adults. 

It doesn't appear that things will be getting better any time soon.  Ya'll be safe.  

5 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Exactly.  People still want a Lifetime movie script.  

In other news, one of the a-holes who kidnapped a woman and her kid at Target has been arrested and charged.  Surprise surprise surprise he did time for Armed Robbery and Burglary.  The real irony is that if Mulroy had been the DA when this guy and Abston were caught, he would not want have wanted to charge them as adults. 

It doesn't appear that things will be getting better any time soon.  Ya'll be safe.  

9B8DD926-BCF8-4EDB-909D-223A2C7A512C.thumb.jpeg.82e51d47cfc9a0f4ef7d61fc47c12001.jpeg

This piece of sh*t has been evil his entire life.  My heart truly hurts for the victim’s family and all the terrified women in the city of Memphis.

One thing I love about living in the county the sheriffs department is always highly visible and often times invisible to deter crime. 

64002118-E235-4FC7-8C62-CE5AC1EEEA84.thumb.jpeg.136ad4244b226268b77af2364687389a.jpeg

• Wow 1
Just now, Links2k said:

I’ve never been in trouble with the law. I would hope that if I ever had a first offense that was non-violent I wouldn’t be put away for the rest of my life. 

You wouldn't, even if Weirich were still the DA.  Most violent criminals don't get life, either.  However, Mulroy implies that first-time violent offenders (like Abston in 2000) do not "particularly deserve a strong response."  That is a step in the wrong direction.  

• Like 3