WTH is going on in Memphis???

Moped

There is a 19 yr old man by the name of Ezekiel Kelly driving around the city shooting people.  He started in the Raleigh area and has been moving South to 240.  He has changed vehicles several times.  The Redbirds Baseball game has been stopped but no one is allowed to leave.  The Delta Fair is not allowing anyone in but not sure if they are stopping people from leaving.  At this time he is in a Gray Toyota with Arkansas plates.  The police is also asking all business to shut down.

Edited by The Legion

Apparently shoot and killed two men at different locations and wounded a third woman critically. He bragged on FB Live at point, he’d shot 5 people. 

Someone watching the live feed, said he was using a Glock with an extended magazine.

Details are still sketchy, but from the TV coverage, best I can tell, 4 people shot. At least one dead. 3 maybe 4 carjackings as he tried to get away. It started at  an Auto Zone in Frayser were  he walked in and  live streamed himself on FB shooting the 1st victim.  Several more shootings and carjackings took him as far as Southaven. He was captured alive in South Memphis.  But may be injured after wrecking the car he was in. This part is unclear at this time. 

Memphis has gone totally ape chit! 💩

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Moderators

The suspect, Cleotha Henderson, is charged with first-degree murder, especially aggravated assault and tampering with/fabricating evidence.

In this circumstance, what did he do that they are charging him for tampering with/fabricating evidence? Maybe something like he tried to toss weapons/drugs/etc out the window before getting caught?

10 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

The suspect, Cleotha Henderson, is charged with first-degree murder, especially aggravated assault and tampering with/fabricating evidence.

In this circumstance, what did he do that they are charging him for tampering with/fabricating evidence? Maybe something like he tried to toss weapons/drugs/etc out the window before getting caught?

Probably frantically scrubbing blood out of his car, washing his clothes in the sink, and hiding the victim’s clothes. 

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1

Police later listed the timeline of the shootings in detail:

12:56 a.m., a 24-year-old man was killed on Lyndale in the Highland Heights neighborhood. A suspect who called himself Zeek Huncho on social media was developed.

4:38 p.m., a man was found shot dead in a vehicle at a gas station on South Parkway E. Survillance video revealed a man in a gray sedan pulled up next to the victim’s car and opened fire.

4:40 p.m., a woman was injured in a second shooting on Norris Road near I-240. The suspect fled in a dark sedan.

5:59 p.m. Kelly walked into an AutoZone store in the 4000 block of Jackson Avenue and shot a man while live-streaming on Facebook. The man was in critical condition, police said.

6:56 p.m., Memphis Police put out an alert on the suspect after receiving a call that Kelly was making threats on Facebook.

7:23 p.m., a woman was killed in a shooting at Poplar and Evergreen. Police said Kelly took her gray SUV and fled.

7:24 p.m., a man shot at Poplar and McLean

8:55 p.m., a woman shot dead on Raines Road

8:56 p.m., Southaven Police responded to a carjacking at Stateline Road and Highway 51. Kelly took the man’s gray Dodge Challenger and left the SUV behind.

8:58 p.m., Memphis Police officers spotted the Dodge Challenger going northbound on Interstate 55, and a high-speed pursuit began. The pursuit ended at Hodge Road and Ivan in southwest Memphis, where Kelly was taken into custody without incident.

18 hours ago, Moped said:

Someone watching the live feed, said he was using a Glock with an extended magazine.

In the two videos I saw he also had a modified Glock firing automatic out of the car window. Evidently while he was going live on Facebook someone said it was fake. He was angry and fired a few more rounds out of the window, turned around and went into Autozone and shot the second man. 

Edited by Links2k
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Chucktshoes said:

And now there is an active shooting event going on at the IRS facility on Getwell. 

My niece and daughter share a house in Olive Branch. My niece works at the IRS. She made it out safely, but she’s freaking out. I’ve been carrying a pistol, but now I think it’s time to start carrying the .300BO.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1
  • Moderators
19 minutes ago, Links2k said:

My niece and daughter share a house in Olive Branch. My niece works at the IRS. She made it out safely, but she’s freaking out. I’ve been carrying a pistol, but now I think it’s time to start carrying the .300BO.

I’m just choosing to stay away from the city until whatever the hell is going on there right now chills the eff out. 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’m just choosing to stay away from the city until whatever the hell is going on there right now chills the eff out. 

Now they’re saying it was a hoax, but the damage has been done.  The entire city is on edge. 

• Like 3